Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The glorious 12th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66,870 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

timthumbni wrote: »
    Refer to post 371. Nothing more to add.

So you are just here to do a PR job for the OO. I did suspect that alright. Nothing going very well is it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Not at all. But he had responded and quoted my post.

I actually went to a 12th parade today so thought it might be interesting for those interested to ask some genuine questions. Feel free not to look at the thread though. Thanks

Odd... Didn't realise a quote required a question..

Anywho..

Here's one though, how do you reconcile fun and family day out with KAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,991 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Omackeral wrote: »
    The irony here is surreal, on a two fronts. Telling a man from an actual Orange country to go home and that he's not welcome... while they themselves could be perceived as, shall we say, visitors

A lot of unionists are very insular, and don't like folk moving into their areas.

There are many cases of immigrants homes being attacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Technically you are wrong here.

Saoradh, took responsibility for killing Lara McKee but apologised for it, as it was an accidental death,

Yep, accidental, I fired the gun officer and it just happened to accidentally hit the wee girl in the head, all accidentally of course. Nothing to see here, oops..

Omackeral wrote: »
    The irony here is surreal, on a two fronts. Telling a man from an actual Orange country to go home and that he's not welcome... while they themselves could be perceived as, shall we say, visitors

Well yeah but in reality troglodytes like that exist everywhere.. 'you're not welcome here' is not a phrase exclusive to NI.

• Advertisement

lawred2 wrote: »
    Odd... Didn't realise a quote required a question..

Anywho..

Here's one though, how do you reconcile fun and family day out with KAT?

Never saw anything today with KAT on it to be honest. What are you referring to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Yep, accidental, I fired the gun officer and it just happened to accidentally hit the wee girl in the head, all accidentally of course. Nothing to see here, oops..

Tbf even police acknowledged it was a richocet off their van and hit the young girl (hopefully those kids who did it will get sent down for it)

Unlike soldier f,who gets widespread support to not face a murder charge for shooting an injured man crawling on the ground

Never saw anything today with KAT on it to be honest. What are you referring to?

Such a picture of innocence eh!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

By the way timthumb what’s your view on the head of the orange order sharing platforms with Jamie Bryson about bonfires?

lawred2 wrote: »
    Such a picture of innocence eh!?

Emm. No. I just never saw anything to do with a slogan KAT. I’m not sure what a slogan sprayed onto a wall would have to do with anything anyway. It’s common in Belfast with Kill All Huns around the river but I haven’t saw it elsewhere.

• Advertisement

By the way timthumb what’s your view on the head of the orange order sharing platforms with Jamie Bryson about bonfires?

I have no opinion on that matter tbh. Nor probably should you coming from cork I assume. Why would you even ask that question?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Why did the OO move so far away from what Billy was fighting for? He fought for civil and religious freedom, yet the OO is an exclusively Protestant organisation that sought to keep NI exclusively a Protestant state for Protestant people and managed to do that for decades to the detriment of those of a different faith. Genuine question.

Didn't william of Orange have the then prime minister of the Netherlands eaten alive by a mob of cannibals?

Reason there are not more from catholic community in PSNI despite the massive effort is because Irish republicans whether in the Ira, the new Ira or the i can’t believe it’s not the Ira keep blowing either them up or their legs off. In the case of the Gaelic playing officer he accused members of his own gaa community around toome. Lovely people it seems.

The main reason is Catholics are better educated and don't see the need to work such a tough job for a pitiful £24k a year.

Also let's face it, the events of the past few days show that it's a protestant police force for the protestant state

I think you over estimate the skills here tbh. But go ahead and present your evidence that it was a deliberate targeting of a specific journalist.

The loon that did it will get done for manslaughter not murder, as there isn't a hop in hell of that charge sticking.

I have no opinion on that matter tbh. Nor probably should you coming from cork I assume. Why would you even ask that question?

I think it’s very relevant to the twelth and the orange order connections to loyalist spokespeople. All a bit sinister on a day you like to celebrate.

What difference does it make what part of this island I am from? Whether you like it or not the south is intrinsically linked to northern affairs.

The rebuplicans have a future to look forward to. The loyalist can only look back to their "glorious" past.

Well that's the root of it. There is no future in the Presbyterian faith

• Registered Users Posts: 32,991 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

cgcsb wrote: »

To be fair, I think the catholic faith is on the way out too in Ireland.

A lot of 'Catholics' are it in name only.

But yet if they support open acts of terrorism that is tolerated. Those Irish republicans they were supporting had murdered some wee girl in stroke city a short time earlier. Come on now.

You keep saying that but it's still irrelevant and a tenuous connection at best

No future in most religions I would think. Definitely no future in the 21st century for most of unionist beliefs and rights to its citizens.

The main reason is Catholics are better educated and don't see the need to work such a tough job for a pitiful £24k a year.

Also let's face it, the events of the past few days show that it's a protestant police force for the protestant state

What a snob. You should buy a property and then rant boringly on about it at a house party until it busts. Very Irish in the boom type.

Message for Irish republicans - Stop blowing the legs off Catholic Gaelic playing psni officers. That poor guy saying how none of his gaa club supported him after being blown up was heartbreaking but not surprising at all. And probably elements around him set him up too. Lovely altogether.

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    A lot of unionists are very insular, and don't like folk moving into their areas.

There are many cases of immigrants homes being attacked.

It was obvious from the photos today that this has resulted in very poor genetic variance

No future in most religions I would think. Definitely no future in the 21st century for most of unionist beliefs and rights to its citizens.

Commonly known as 'being on the wrong side of history' and most recently expressed by Westminster voting to give people modern rights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Message for Irish republicans - Stop blowing the legs off Catholic Gaelic playing psni officers. That poor guy saying how none of his gaa club supported him after being blown up was heartbreaking but not surprising at all. And probably elements around him set him up too. Lovely altogether.

Perhaps you could.outline what this rant has to do with your AMA on orange culture/july 12th experiences?

NIMAN wrote: »
    To be fair, I think the catholic faith is on the way out too in Ireland.

A lot of 'Catholics' are it in name only.

Well that's true but religious background has an influence on culture long after the population has turned to atheism.

_blaaz wrote: »
    Perhaps you could.outline what this rant has to do with your AMA on orange culture/july 12th experiences?

Tim's job as PRO for the OO may be under review! :)

I don't mean that religious belief is in decline, the belief in pre destination means the future doesn't matter for them and this belief persists regardless of how religious the individuals are

Well that's true but religious background has an influence on culture long after the population has turned to atheism.

Our own experience would show you that the tide, once it starts, turns very quickly indeed. Who would have thought 20 years ago that we would massively endorse SSM?

What a snob. You should buy a property and then rant boringly on about it at a house party until it busts. Very Irish in the boom type.

But the main reason Catholics aren't joining is because of poor pay and conditions and their better educational attainment allows them to get twice or three times the wages in working in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

could you not burn a few tricolors as this is what your lot seem good at. what has your post got to do with the "family day of the 12th"

• Advertisement

Our own experience would show you that the tide, once it starts, turns very quickly indeed. Who would have thought 20 years ago that we would massively endorse SSM?

It depends on the particular belief. Were Irish Catholics ever into biblical literalism or anti gay sentiment, I don't think so, but try to talk about low key funerals or cremations to 90% of Irish Catholics, lapsed into atheism or not you'll get your head snapped off

Advertisement