Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    ^^ stunning!

I must make a promise to myself to visit Donegal some time.

Long trek up for us Rebels but so worth it. The beaches are incredible and you can nearly always have one all to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A fair old dew this morning :) lovely sunny start

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Top 3 warmest mean maxima so far this month (up to yesterday)

Oak Park: 19.6c / +2.3c
    Phoenix Park: 19.4c / +2.2c
    Moorpark: 19.0c / + 1.8c

(Met Eireann)

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭compsys

Fairly miserable day again in Dublin. Cool and totally overcast and cloudy with temps struggling to get to 15º.

Though I'm sure the sun will come out right on cue for sunset :rolleyes:

Once again high pressure = fairly poor weather for the East. At least it's dry though.

Things look better for tomorrow and Tuesday for Dublin, when ironically, lower pressure begins to take over.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭alentejo

At this very moment it appears that there is cloud exclusively over Co Dublin. #lockdown blues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Phenomenal day in East Cork. 20c approx and flat calm. Not a cloud in the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Lovely day in cork city aswell, 19, nearly 20 degrees and blue skies

• Registered Users Posts: 13,747 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

RTE etc are just useless. Up until last night they had tomorrow being 21c and no clouds all day. Now it's a high of 17c and cloudy with some sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

I am a Dub but Donegal is hands down the most beautiful county in Ireland. Most amazing beaches, fantastic walks in the mountains, highest sea cliffs, also the likes of glenveagh national park. People really friendly too and so under populated
    igCorcaigh wrote: »
    ^^ stunning!

I must make a promise to myself to visit Donegal some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

https://twitter.com/MetEireann/status/1307689675331641345?s=20

Looks to be a persistent cloud just over Dublin

• Advertisement

Just to make the lockdown worse, ffs

The weather has been great the past few weeks, steady on
    Just to make the lockdown worse, ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

RTE etc are just useless. Up until last night they had tomorrow being 21c and no clouds all day. Now it's a high of 17c and cloudy with some sun.

They get it directly from met eirreann unless I’m mistaken?

I was referring to today, the past few weeks are no good to me now!

It definitely hasn’t been a bad September so far. But a lot of the days have been very hit and miss with cloud refusing to move.

Dublin has seen about two hours of sunshine each day since Thursday.

The past three days it’s been about 15 degrees. It’s not amazing.

In fact apart from last Sunday, nearly every day of this settled spell has had hours of cloud each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Today must be one of the nicest late September days we have ever had in Cork. Cloudless and almost windless all day long. Kids are in the paddling pool which I thought I had put away for the year!

Today must be one of the nicest late September days we have ever had in Cork. Cloudless and almost windless all day long. Kids are in the paddling pool which I thought I had put away for the year!

Yes. Cork got some great weather today. Hopefully Dublin’s turn again tomorrow.

Forecast is saying sun and 20 degree but we’ll see.

Wind is due to turn SW tomorrow for Dublin which should be conducive to clearer and warmer weather.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

tomorrow should be a better day for the east and Dublin in general, fingers crossed we get some sunshine in what is possibly the last day of summer style temperatures till next May or June. Turning significantly colder from Tuesday/Wednesday everywhere. Thursday will be bitter for the time of the year with a daytime high of 9C forecasted for my area here in Meath.

fmiuk-41-32-0.png?20-14

96-580UK.GIF?20-12

Clearing up in Dublin now finally. There have been many days like this during the good weather in September in Dublin. Cloudy all day and then it clears up in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭giveitholly

What a day,once the fog lifted not a cloud in the sky,has been some spell of weather lately,pity it is coming to an end,it can't go on forever,it is Ireland after all!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I've not been too bothered by the cloud with some days of the past week being very nice and welcomed. It's certainly far better than what "summer" delivered in Dublin for me. No spring 2020 or a patch on the spell this time last year in terms of sunshine but hey ho, it was good. I enjoyed getting out a lot last week to make the most of the beautiful sun when it was there.

I'm firmly in winter mode now :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

For those with clear skies there is a good bright pass over from the ISS at 8.40pm. Approaching from the south west.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Fantastic weather in Achill Island today. It could easily have passed for one of those days we crave during the summer.

Disagree, weather has been fantastic here in Dublin 5. Hardly seen a drop of rain the past few weeks and lots of sunny days. Numerous days in the 20s with a few days nearly reaching 25 degrees. I was playing golf today and the weather was lovely. September will go down as a very nice one in my opinion

quote="compsys;114676622"]It definitely hasn’t been a bad September so far. But a lot of the days have been very hit and miss with cloud refusing to move.

Dublin has seen about two hours of sunshine each day since Thursday.

The past three days it’s been about 15 degrees. It’s not amazing.

In fact apart from last Sunday, nearly every day of this settled spell has had hours of cloud each day.[/quote]

Where in Dublin are you living, the mountains??!!!
    Clearing up in Dublin now finally. There have been many days like this during the good weather in September in Dublin. Cloudy all day and then it clears up in the evening.

Where in Dublin are you living, the mountains??!!!

No. Dublin 5. It was cloudy all day. I honestly think you're a wind up of some sort.

It was cloudy today but the past few weeks have been mostly sunny. You would probably complain the days it was 24 degrees. What do you expect in September, 25 degrees and sunny every day??? Glass half empty or what!! Summer was pants, we now get nice weather in September but still it’s not good enough for some
    No. Dublin 5. It was cloudy all day. I honestly think you're a wind up of some sort.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Great day in Kerry getting up to 20.1C, calm and sunny throughout.

https://worldview.earthdata.nasa.gov/

q9r0WWy.png?1

txint_uk_tfw0.png

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

Fantastic weather in Achill Island today. It could easily have passed for one of those days we crave during the summer.

Was out there myself a couple of days ago. The weather of the past few days certainly showed it at its stunning best. Below a pic of Keem Beach taken last Friday.

[526971.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

Another disappointing day in Dublin.

Nice + sunny this morning so had high hopes as we headed out for day but sun disappeared about 9.30am + never appeared again until usual time of about 6pm this evening.

Now thankfully no real wind so didnt feel as cold as yesterday.

This weekend was like a throwback to July/August when Met Eireann are useless at forecasting sunshine.

Meant to be sunny all weekend but id say lucky if got about 2 hours between 2 days.

If I knew we were getting no sunshine I'd roll with that but its the expectation that's a killer.

Yes I know we had an absolutely fantastic week of weather in Dublin but hard when your working all week + then it disappears at weekend.

Advertisement