Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

While closer to 20 degrees today in Dublin 5 and not as warm as earlier in the week (up near 25), today has been stunning to be out in. Hardly a breeze and sun splitting the sky. Love this type of weather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Boiling hot for September since the cloud lifted and broke in Waterford. Thought we were supposed to be in a northern flow by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

22 degrees in East Clare, sun broke through after lunch.It's glorious..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

today is actually better than yesterday here in Meath, a lovely sunny afternoon and the breeze doesn't feel as cool as yesterday. Temperature 19C.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Absolutely stunning day in tipp once the fog cleared,not a cloud to be seen and temps above 20c,pure bliss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭obi604

Cloud cleared in east galway at the wrong time. Probably about 5pm and all the warmth was Essentially gone at that stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

Eventually cleared up by afternoon to a very warm sunny day, rare in wexford :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Best run of weather in Dublin since late May / early June

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Cloud slow to lift but eventually had totally clear skies by mid afternoon. What a day getting up to 21.5C here near Tralee, calm and lovely sunshine and that bit more unusual with the sun lower in the sky. So warm and humid ,to cool down , I had to change into shorts and sandals when I came home from work .

More please!

ouamFsq.png

lLeHNoY.png

NpX6hri.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

ouamFsq.png

Surprised at Oak Park and Gurteen on that table. AWS here reported a max of 21.8c in South Laois. Will report the manual figure after 10am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Total silence and peace out here. And the forecast the next couple of days promises sun and no rain. A space to settle the garden for the year... Unless the sun seduces to basking...;)

West Mayo offshore

Total silence in East Clare, apart from me eating porridge !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Gorgeous morning. Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭OldRio

At long last the sun is shining. The first time since Monday morning.

Co. Leitrim

The battle is on between sun and autumn mist. The mist looking like clouds is lying on the wide calm ocean...then clear sky until the cloud layer. A lovely sight.

And not getting much lighter

A true typical autumn morning at last. Mild and misty season.

west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Skies cleared just in time for sundown yesterday and was greeted by beautiful blood red sunrise this morning with not a cloud in the purple sky. Now, true to form, has totally greyed out over the last hour with thick low cloud. In a pattern that would, and should, normally bring unbroken sunshine to the west, this is the crap we get yet again. It is almost like it is being deliberately done. I litereally cannot remember the last sunny morning we have seen here. Possibly one day back last August and another one sometime in July. The 15th I think but my memory is not the best.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

Red sky in the morning....but its sunny

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Lovely sunny morning in cork city today! Great to see it. Around 16 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Bright and a cold breeze in Dublin, still decent weather for mid Sept

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭obi604

see this link here: https://slipcam.dmyc.ie/

an at bottom of the nice picture its has - "Kish Lighthouse: Air Temp 11.7 "

is this the actual temperature or is air temp a different thing ? (silly q) seems very cold. now it may well be this temp as Kish lighthouse is miles out in the bay and probably way colder out there etc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

beautiful morning here in Meath, warm sunshine but quite breezy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

Gonzo wrote: »
    beautiful morning here in Meath, warm sunshine but quite breezy.

Same in wexford. Also not as warm as yesterday, but still nice not to have rain almost every day like in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Hazy in north Kildare and bloody chilly with that very keen breeze. Yesterday felt so much nicer.

Same in wexford. Also not as warm as yesterday, but still nice not to have rain almost every day like in the summer.

yeah September is a massive improvement over the awful dull and wet summer. This current spell is probably every bit as warm if not warmer than what we had in May as well. Later next week will be big changes to Autumn proper but we are heading towards October now and the current warmth is not going to last much longer anyway as the warmth in the northern hemisphere is leaking away to the south day by day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Finally a couple of warm cloudless days in Donegal, today is as nice a day as we've had all year.

Will be soaking up all the rays I can as suspect there won't be many more days like this until next May at the earliest

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

Ah no. Climate change. There will be a few more. Just a few storms and flooding episodes in between.

Glorious day with full sun.. totally wondrous.

I have been outside for a couple of hours; picking berries and gazing at the ocean as the tide came in,, then just sitting enjoying the warmth and light. A gentle heat.

The weather scene has changed to autumn. Even at noon in the deepest shelter, the hoar/grass-frost was still apparent. The warmth is the sun not the air, if you see what I mean. It will get cool swiftly when darkness falls. Out here at least.

In my fifth year out here and well acquainted with the weather patterns.

west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Warm dry and sunny in Castlebar. 21 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Clear sky and mild with temperatures between 18c and 19c in south Laois. The ENE breeze today is light to moderate but holding back the temperatures.

• Advertisement

A lovely 20 degrees in East Clare, bit of a breeze taking the heat away, not complaining though..

Advertisement