Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Omackeral wrote: »
    People (Americans, I assume) using the word ''super'' instead of the word very. ''He's super weird'', ''I was super tired last night'' etc.
    I agree. It's super annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

MastiffMrs wrote: »
    On the subject of ignorant people in queue at Aldi...
    TA at people who don't wait for the person in front of them to finish unloading their trolley onto the belt before they start loading their stuff on. Happened to me twice in the last month and I found it so stupid!
    Making me pile my stuff on top of each other while they still had to wait anyway. Makes no sense.

Or the people with 2 items that hold on to them for dear life.When my stuff moves up to be next,they nearly have a heart attack to give them to the person on the checkout.Put the divider down and put them on the belt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

Bit on some eggshell the other day by accident....ugh. Still getting flashbacks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Politicians and their "speaking clearly" bull. Absolute wafflers.
    Plus, answer the fckking question.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

People who start IM conversations with hello. A strange TA you might think. But not so strange when you have to wait 5 minutes for them to then fingerpeck the question they actually want to ask. Just ask the question straight off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

dubstarr wrote: »
    Or the people with 2 items that hold on to them for dear life.When my stuff moves up to be next,they nearly have a heart attack to give them to the person on the checkout.Put the divider down and put them on the belt.

I was behind someone doing that recently in Aldi. He clutched the stuff in his arms instead of putting it on the belt. It puzzled me, tbh. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Why is it that hair still on the head is perfectly fine and we can touch it and comb it . But as soon as it leaves the head and long black hairs appear on the floor we are disgusted by the very sight of one strand .Two seconds ago it was still on a head and was grand .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Why is it that hair still on the head is perfectly fine and we can touch it and comb it . But as soon as it leaves the head and long black hairs appear on the floor we are disgusted by the very sight of one strand .Two seconds ago it was still on a head and was grand .

Brilliant :D

I love stroking Mrs Ragnar's hair. It's very long and silky. But I'd get the gawks if I found one in my food.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I would swear on my life that I put a pair of socks in the wash but only one came out. I went back to the machine and felt all around the inside of the drum and shrieked because I felt something squishy. I'd forgotten I'd put in the washing capsule for the next wash :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I’m being given the runaround by someone I am doing a favour for and putting myself out for. Patience wearing thin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Reformed smokers preaching about smoking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Getting my third period in a month. What the actual fcuk body? Could you just please work in some normal way for once? Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

Verified by Visa

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Weird pain in my stomach that keeps coming and going

I’m being given the runaround by someone I am doing a favour for and putting myself out for. Patience wearing thin.

Dont do the favour,dont put yourself outfor people that wouldnt do it for you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Reformed smokers preaching about smoking.

That's me. Smoked for years until I realised I was a disgusting rude arsehole. Half of my TAs now are about smokers in doorways, at bus stops, or just the smell of them.

Funny story - was getting the DART recently and a 50 (or so) year old woman, which we would have described as a howaya when we were kids, was smoking in the entrance of the station. Happened to be 2 security guards at the station who politely informed her she needed to step outside as she was not allowed smoke where she was. Q a rant about foreigners and her rights and a few minutes of abuse before she finished her cigarette without moving as requested.

Along came the DART anyway and the 2 guys wouldn't let her board. They achieved hero status in my eyes that day.

The old dear was livid as it was 25 mins till the next one.

Its dentist week and it turns out my treatment is longer than I assumed. An hour and ten minutes. Then sit for maybe fifteen depending on how out of it I am. Himself didn't think he could collect me because of work so I asked a friend. Then he rearranged to do a half day starting at midday. So told friend thank you but is all sorted now. Bet you I won't be out by midday.

Feck. I'm all anxious now.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Had a hygienist appointment at 2.30. Walked the 30 minutes there. Hygienist must have rang in sick yesterday because someone added a little note to say that they tried to call me but my phone was engaged. I had no missed calls and no phone calls today, such bad form

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Had to step away from the PC this afternoon for a breather because I was losing my mind with all the stupid I've had to deal with today.
    Someone can't read a floor plan that is split into 2 PDF's. They literally can't just put the 2 pages side by side. And they keep referring to a conservatory that I've told them twice doesn't exist. Even the bar owner has confirmed that the pub doesn't have a conservatory. And I've just read my third email insisting that it is part of the floor plan.

I just............my eye is twitching.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

The past couple of hours I can feel myself going rapidly downhill with a stomach bug so guaranteed everyone else in the house is going to be the same :(

• Advertisement

Im more than trivially annoyed.My other half,woke me up this morning looking for the jar of coffee.Its not where it usually is,he says.So i come in and move 1 thing,and there was the elusive coffee.Im raging.

Hes 48,drives,goes too work.And yet it didnt occur to him to move a few things around first

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I was in Aldi last night, half the stuff scanned through when I realised I had left my wallet at home.

Fekking raging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

dubstarr wrote: »
    Im more than trivially annoyed.My other half,woke me up this morning looking for the jar of coffee.Its not where it usually is,he says.So i come in and move 1 thing,and there was the elusive coffee.Im raging.

Hes 48,drives,goes too work.And yet it didnt occur to him to move a few things around first

TA'ed when people hide the coffee.
    So funny ...... you can't start to function/figure things out until you have your first coffee, and moving things around to find the coffee requires you to function. Catch-22.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

At Stevie wonder last night, bagged myself a decent enough vantage point in the standing area. Naturally people will be moving about and squeezing past but on one occasion 2 tall women who looked like they were passing decided to stop in front of me. I had to wedge myself back in front of them. It may have seemed rude but I'd been there for about 20 minutes and being 5 feet tall it's not easy getting a spot as good as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

TA that Dunnes raspberry scones are always gone by the time I get a chance to get in on mid morning. Gonna have to start camping out overnight

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

When driving in Dublin, and a cyclist wants to get into the land infront of you, they just stick the arm out and gun it without looking over their shoulder causing you to jam on the breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

Television news where the newsreader is standing up. Stupid, gimmicky, awkward-looking, change-for-the-sake-of-change that adds nothing to either the content or the delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

BBC stopping coverage of a men’s QF to show a 3rd round mixed doubles match just because Whingy Murray is playing. The Brits are so sickening with their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

We dated for TWO AND A HALF MONTHS.

We didn't have a relationship.

We didn't 'break up'.

And I'm not your 'ex'.

• Advertisement

People posting out of date headlines on fb.Especially bad when it involves children.Look at the date before you post.Moron

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement