Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Seniors Championship 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,316 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Hendry looks in the groove in this third frame.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Funny how Hendry kicked into gear from looking all over the place, to knocking in an 80 plus.

Hendry 3 Fagan 0 - no way is it a fair reflection of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Hendry: "My cue ball was social distancing from the object ball." Nice topical reference!

Hoping Mick can show some good form. Only a couple of years since he came really close to getting his main tour card, if he's in decent nick, I'd expect him to be too strong for Paddy.

Hendry: "My cue ball was social distancing from the object ball." Nice topical reference!

Hoping Mick can show some good form. Only a couple of years since he came really close to getting his main tour card, if he's in decent nick, I'd expect him to be too strong for Paddy.

Dennis already biased towards Paddy, 'He knows my sister well, she still lives in Dungannon' :D

Paddy is looking good so far first frame.

I checked Mick's page on wiki he hold the record for losing 7 last qualifying rounds for the crucible. Sounds like torture!

Wallace 1- Judge 0 first frame - well deserved good two visits.

• Advertisement

Dennis already biased towards Paddy, 'He knows my sister well, she still lives in Dungannon' :D

Paddy is looking good so far first frame.

I checked Mick's page on wiki he hold the record for losing 7 last qualifying rounds for the crucible. Sounds like torture!

Didnt know that. Mick sometimes looked like he might be on the verge of a big breakthrough, just never seemed to make that final leap. Was close enough to top 16 couple of times.

I might have underestimated paddy here, looks in good shape. Mick struggling to find his range.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

how are ye watching?

Matchroom is a brutal site

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Red button

Red button

That rules me out.

That rules me out.

Give you an update Judge was only red-colour-red from going 1-1.

But Wallace stole it on a comeback clearance.

Could take the stuffing out of Judge. 2-0 Wallace - first to three.

93% pot success Paddy Wallace.

• Advertisement

Contrast between this and earlier match. Chalk and cheese.

Great Mick Judge rally 2-1 to Wallace.

Somehow looks like it will be 2-2 in the Wallace-Judge match. Really topsy turvy frame.
    Wallace seems to be dipping in form.

Wallace has found something from the depths good pot on an opening red. Following by a long straight controlled blue.

Wallace frame and match winning visit of 80 plus.
    Final Score 3-2 v Judge

Very high level in the last frame, has to be one of the favorites after this?

That was quite an enjoyable contest, Patrick seemed to be buckling a bit under the pressure but then produced a lovely tidy finish. You could tell it means a hell of a lot to these guys. Looks like a wallace-doherty sf to me. Both definitely there to win it.

That was quite an enjoyable contest, Patrick seemed to be buckling a bit under the pressure but then produced a lovely tidy finish. You could tell it means a hell of a lot to these guys. Looks like a wallace-doherty sf to me. Both definitely there to win it.

Nice touch with Wallace making sure to dedicate the win to his Mam, who is not well.
    The way he played in parts would not have been out of place on the regular tour.

Give you an update Judge was only red-colour-red from going 1-1.

But Wallace stole it on a comeback clearance.

Could take the stuffing out of Judge. 2-0 Wallace - first to three.

93% pot success Paddy Wallace.

Cheers for that.

I'm gonna get me a day pass for matchroom tomorrow for Ken's match.

Cheers for that.

The second game was good game. Wallace v Judge

First game Hendry was blessed against 70 year old Patsy Fagan. It was not good quality until the last frame. Hendry sort of rattled himself by his own annoyance of missing silly shots. There were flashes of Hendry old shots though and he clicked into groove in the last frame.
    But you could tell Hendry was embarrassed the way he played overall, and almost felt guilty winning.

--

Dennis himself said told people to ignore his game against Barry Pinches tomorrow :D - But he was looking forward to watch Doherty v Johnson.

I was half thinking for the Doherty v Johnson match it would be good craic if each player 'commentated' on the others shots!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Cheers for that.

I think it's free. It's streaming for me anyway and I haven't paid anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

How come Rodney Goggins isn't playing this year. He played well last year in the first round against Ken

Glenman wrote: »
    How come Rodney Goggins isn't playing this year. He played well last year in the first round against Ken

I presume rodney got in last year because of his seniors tour ranking, he was no.2 behind Mick Judge. Since there were no events held this year and i dont think rodney played in any of the qualifiers, i guess he was never in contention. It's a bit of a murky selection process tbh, kind of a half way house between invitation and qualification. Can't even pretend to fully understand it myself!

AllForIt wrote: »
    I think it's free. It's streaming for me anyway and I haven't paid anything.

Can you bang up the link you're using here.

Feeling like quite the luddite this morning.

Patsy Fagan is getting a commentary crash course live on matchroom

Century to start for Ken. Absolutely careering around the table. Should win this match handy.

Someone is bunging these on You Tube soon afterwards. Haven't seen much of the Dennis match. Ken v Joe Johnson can be watched in 12mins 24 seconds :pac:

An element of the invite list is probably getting the old pros involved in the game. Good to see Patsy back in there for example.

Like snooker legends itself, paying a little bit of respect to the elders, and involving people. I like that about snooker. The sport has a very good ethos, better than some anyway.

An element of the invite list is probably getting the old pros involved in the game. Good to see Patsy back in there for example.

Like snooker legends itself, paying a little bit of respect to the elders, and involving people. I like that about snooker. The sport has a very good ethos, better than some anyway.

Patsy seemed to really get a kick out of it too which was lovely.

It was a pity today's matches were one sided.

I was thinking that the first to three is just about right for this tournament. As there would be not many centuries most of it would be one/two visit stuff.

As the standard improves when the 'newer generation veteran' - class of 92 etc play senior they could expand it.

I think think it could really take off then and grow as a tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭B2021M

Quite a detailed live scoreboard on snookerscores.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭B2021M

B2021M wrote: »
    Quite a detailed live scoreboard on snookerscores.com

Snookerscores.net sorry!!

Advertisement