Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Seniors Championship 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Almost seems unfair to have Igor in this. He should be favourite to win the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Igor is the big worry here for Ken I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Hendry attempting a red to the middle that wasnt even on just about sums up this match so far for him. Igor just too solid and clinical for the level hendry is at.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,240 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Igor is the big worry here for Ken I'd say.

I saw Igor's interview after the Parrott game.
    Seemed like a real happy go lucky fella, despite the language barrier.
    Meant the world to him to be playing in the Crucible, delighted with himself.
    Could not wait to play Hendry.

Igor was a late bloomer only started properly around aged 30 ish.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Igor was 32 when he played his first ever game on a full sized snooker table. Think mike dunn on commentary is his coach though i haven't heard him mention it.

• Advertisement

That swerve on that red over the pocket was sublime.

Igor wont see his family until December. Thats tough but i guess the sacrifices must be worth it. £20,000 for winning this would be absolutely huge for him when you consider he's amassed less than £100k in over a decade as a pro snooker player.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,812 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

New watcher here.... so are they running matches back to back rather than to timetable? This match shown as listed for 2.30pm....

That means I'll probably miss one or both of the later ones, which I actually want to see :(

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    New watcher here.... so are they running matches back to back rather than to timetable? This match shown as listed for 2.30pm....

That means I'll probably miss one or both of the later ones, which I actually want to see :(

They budget for time. But with b/o 7 frames and the quality disparity in some matches, it's hard to know exactly how long it could go on.

They budget for time. But with b/o 7 frames and the quality disparity in some matches, it's hard to know exactly how long it could go on.

Yeah, watching this first frame I'm realising that!

Rocket Ronnie it ain't :D

Has the Whirlwind still got it?? Haven't seen him play in years and years!

• Advertisement

This frame has been the sort I'd be playing up in Cross Guns.

Awful.

First match was different class in comparison..

Whoever is in charge of the graphics on this must be on the sauce - they're all over the shop!! :D

I just caught up on the Igor and Handry match and Jimmy v Knowles match.

I feel sorry for Hendry he reminds of a footballer who knows the positions to get in but the legs won't take him. Nothing wrong with the mind. Looked great in patches (in among the balls) then would miss an easy ball like a black. I seem to remember Hendry miss one long red for me which stood out. He sort of pulled it, his radar was way off.
    I can't see Hendry doing this comeback for much longer, it must be very frustrating for me. Sometimes he even lets out a sigh after a bad shot!

Igor looked great, I think I will shout for him if Ken is knocked out. In the commentary yesterday they compared his style as similar to Parrott. I can see why big lump of a fella with that 'punchy' style, really hits the ball.

Jimmy seems to be in the same boat as Hendry is. Only difference is Jimmy does not seem to get as frustrated as Hendry.
    Flashes of good shots then bad ones. The funny thing about watching Jimmy when he gets in a flow, you think he won't miss and his style seems 'modern'. But then he misses one he should not and looks careless.

Whirlwind White steals frame off Methodical Morgan 2-1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Who is commentating with Virgo?

Who is commentating with Virgo?

Former pro Mike Dunn.

Jimmy robbed another one 3-1 - last green was a double worth watching if did not see it.

Great comeback from Jimmy in that frame to make it 3-1.

Great double on the green.

Jimmy wins it 4-1.

Seemed relieved and chuffed - put his heart and soul into it.
    He still has that tigerishness.

Lilley is has mentioned how it has taken him a while to get used to the distance between the chair and table.
    I never would have considered that as thing that would put someone off.

• Advertisement

Ken up now against Lilley

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭B2021M

Lilley is has mentioned how it has taken him a while to get used to the distance between the chair and table.
    I never would have considered that as thing that would put someone off.

Seems odd...i wonder does he mean its harder to follow/read the table?

The likes of ken and jimmy have a big advantage here i think. They know the venue, they're veterans of big tournaments and while they'd like to win this, it's not absolutely huge for them. Whereas guys like Lilley, Paddy Wallace, Mick Judge etc, this would be the biggest win of their careers. The pressure is so much more intense for them.

B2021M wrote: »

I think it means he's used to tighter spaces, crucible one table set up is spatially vast so just not something he's used to.

B2021M wrote: »
    I think it means he's used to tighter spaces, crucible one table set up is spatially vast so just not something he's used to.

Just the amount of steps before he sets up to cue a shot I think he means.
    The brain is a funny thing.

The likes of ken and jimmy have a big advantage here i think. They know the venue, they're veterans of big tournaments and while they'd like to win this, it's not absolutely huge for them. Whereas guys like Lilley, Paddy Wallace, Mick Judge etc, this would be the biggest win of their careers. The pressure is so much more intense for them.

Ken and Jimmy seem very 'keyed up' though. Which is a bit surprising, they really are taking it seriously.

Ken and Jimmy seem very 'keyed up' though. Which is a bit surprising, they really are taking it seriously.

Guess they're still competitive guys, Ken needs this to complete the full house of world titles so it definitely does mean a lot. I still would think it would mean more to a lad who has never won a big title, not to mention the cash. 20k probably isnt a massive deal to ken at this stage, but i bet it would be huge for david lilley.

Great pot to the middle there for Ken

Guess they're still competitive guys, Ken needs this to complete the full house of world titles so it definitely does mean a lot. I still would think it would mean more to a lad who has never won a big title, not to mention the cash. 20k probably isnt a massive deal to ken at this stage, but i bet it would be huge for david lilley.

Yeah that is why I feel a bit torn. Would like to Ken complete the full set and be a 'snooker quiz question' forever. But at the same time I think they don't need the money.

• Advertisement

Lilley nicked that first frame an edgy one 1-0 against Doherty.
    Ken will be annoyed with himself.

Advertisement