Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Punchestown festival 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

How did Porter run lads I missed the race

one of the first horses beaten, never settled at all.

Nothing was beating that winner though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭deeks

Glen Wyllin must have a chance in the last. Only about 2 lengths behind grand jury on a line through fameaftertheglory but is 12/1 as against 11/4 for Henry’s horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Who'd have thought before last years Supreme that Asterion Forlonge would finish out the next season running in handicap chases?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Milanative wrote: »
    when shishkin hits his flat spot he'll be long gone

He'll eat Shishkin for breakfast lunch and tea

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

Klassical dream e/w has a chance from reliable source. Mullins for the bumper too.

2/2 thank you very much mate

deeks wrote: »
    Glen Wyllin must have a chance in the last. Only about 2 lengths behind grand jury on a line through fameaftertheglory but is 12/1 as against 11/4 for Henry’s horse.

Picked up the ew money at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭clevtrev

langer91 wrote: »
    2/2 thank you very much mate

there were nice odds for DysartDynamo in-running 3/1 although he was running a bit skittish but had loads left in the tank to win in style

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Milanative

He'll eat Shishkin for breakfast lunch and tea

that's what I'm saying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

mailburner wrote: »
    one of the first horses beaten, never settled at all.

Nothing was beating that winner though.

They were saying on the wireless this morning flooring Porter was gone from hope to expectation.
    He ran a cracker in Cheltenham.there will be other days out of him hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

4.15 Dostal Phil's form got a boost from Sully D'oc Aa

4.50 Demi Plie only beaten 1 3/4L by Elimay lto and only got 8lbs from her. Should go close with a repeat

7.05 El Barra again form boosted by Suprise Package on weds.

Worried for both Honeysuckle and Bob. Stable form is shocking this week. GDM is Townend's only ride of the day and the way the respective yards are running it wouldn't be too big a shock if he turned the form around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

You broke my heart at Cheltenham but we go again on Entoucas 5/1...

Just a heart breaker of a horse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Punchestown Friday

4:15 - I’ve gone for School Boy Hours here. Hasn’t won over fences but he’s had some decent runs at the track and might be open to more improvement.

6:35 - Looks set to be a great race. Caid Du Berlais loves it around here and if in same form as 2019, he could be hard to beat. I’m going to go with Bob and Co though. The fact Nicholls is bringing him over after having a run after Cheltenham where he unseated late on in Foxhunters may show their confidence in him.

7:05 - Keskonrisk seems a worthy favourite to me, and I can’t see anything I want to take him on with.

7:35 - Looks an interesting bumper with an exciting looking favourite. I’m going to take a chance on the unraced Stone Mad, however. An expensive purchase trained by Martin Brassil who won this two years ago with Longhouse Poet.

Honeysuckle and Bob Olinger double - I’m keeping the faith despite HDB’s disappointing week so far but hard to get too stuck in at the prices.

Bob Olinger a non-runner. He was found to be coughing.

Bob Olinger a non-runner. He was found to be coughing.

I wonder is there something going through the yard. They haven't exactly being firing on all cylinders this week. Would make me think twice about Honeysuckle at 8/13.

I'm A Game Changer looks interesting in the 4.15 with PP at 50/1 paying 5 places. In what looks a fairly hot race it may pay to go for a bit of value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭FiftyP

I'm travelling today so I might not actually get to watch the races live, with spotty reception on the phone along the drive. I've watched a few races I've had bets in after the fact, knowing nothing, even placing in one, and it didn't really take from the experience. But after that drive hopefully tomorrow I'll be on the coast with plenty of beers, The Irish Field, and a day of racing awaiting me.

3.40 Alpha Male 5/2
    4.15 Fan De Blues 10/1 ew 3 places
    4.50 Contingency 28/1 ew 3 places
    5.25 Abacadabras 12/1 ew 3 places
    6.00 Ashdale Bob 9/2
    6.35 On The Sod 28/1 ew 3 places
    7.00 Elite Charboniere 66/1 ew 3 place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

Still backing a few for Punchestown a bit later on. But my best bet of the day is in the 1pm @ Goodwood. Bimble, horse is around 7/4 currently on the exchange. I've just finished backing it to win. Nice form and race should be run to suit. Hopefully will get the job done with minimum fuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Will the real Goshen turn up today I wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Doniekp

They were saying on the wireless this morning flooring Porter was gone from hope to expectation.
    He ran a cracker in Cheltenham.there will be other days out of him hopefully

An Uncle got a call on Wednesday from a lad close to one of the owners of Flooring Porter..... Back him, He wont be beating...

The wallet took a hit yesterday

Seems to be a big market move on Daghdha in the bumper.

• Advertisement

Will the real Goshen turn up today I wonder

He hasn't turned up in quite a while - brave value hunting punters only

Demi Plie looks a bet at 12/1 in the 4.50 at 12/1. PP paying 4 places. Was beaten a length and a quarter by Elimay getting 8lbs. If Elimay was in this off 11 one or two she would be odds on probably so must be some value there.

Doniekp wrote: »
    An Uncle got a call on Wednesday from a lad close to one of the owners of Flooring Porter..... Back him, He wont be beating...

The wallet took a hit yesterday

Comparing him to Big Bucks before the racing yesterday.

He wouldn't have even won at Cheltenham had Thyme Hill turned up. Bubble burst

thyme hill was behind fury road who has not even placed in a decent three mile hurdle , quit posting ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

That first race today is an absolute disgrace they should be ashamed of themselves putting rubbish like that on.

You can't judge Flooring Porter on the race yesterday. He got very stressed before the start and it was a fight for the jockey to control him most of the way around. Klassical Dream was class though and would have beaten FP even running well

Milanative wrote: »
    thyme hill was behind fury road who has not even placed in a decent three mile hurdle , quit posting ****e

lol what kind of rubbish is this bringing up last seasons form.

Flooring Porter was getting beaten by 98 rated hurdlers around the Thyme Hill was incredibly unlucky in that Albert Bartlett you speak of

clevtrev wrote: »
    You can't judge Flooring Porter on the race yesterday. He got very stressed before the start and it was a fight for the jockey to control him most of the way around. Klassical Dream was class though and would have beaten FP even running well

All I'm saying is the overdrive in comparing him to the likes of Big Bucks is mental

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Honeysuckle (17:25) & Gaillard Du Mesnil (18:00) Both To Win At Punchestown
    2/1 paddy

20 max

may as well throw away another 20

lol what kind of rubbish is this bringing up last seasons form.

Flooring Porter was getting beaten by 98 rated hurdlers around the Thyme Hill was incredibly unlucky in that Albert Bartlett you speak of
    aye firece unlucky when paisley park beat him as well who was hammered by flooring porter

• Advertisement

Asterion forlonge was impressive at generous odds of 3/1. No one seemed to fancy him which put me off him

I'm A Game Changer looks interesting in the 4.15 with PP at 50/1 paying 5 places. In what looks a fairly hot race it may pay to go for a bit of value.

Came through for 4th at 100/1. Nice start to the day.

nice one and he ended up 4th @ 125/1 !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

demi pele must have a sniper on him...drifting like a barge :(

akelly02 wrote: »
    demi pele must have a sniper on him...drifting like a barge :(

A few quid starting to come for her now

absolute state of jordan gainford there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Goshen, right handed track and good ground. No hiding place in the field against the Mares & Aintree winner.

shes that good she can stop at the last and win

What a mare!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Goshen, right handed track and good ground. No hiding place in the field against the Mares & Aintree winner.

Ground has actually plenty of give in it given the times all week so would have been fine for him. Gone is any notion that Goshen is or was a top class prospect in any case

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Morris Garren

Scoundrel wrote: »
    That first race today is an absolute disgrace they should be ashamed of themselves putting rubbish like that on.

Just for Info-- the Bishopscourt Cup is an ancient race, the local 'farmers' race that has been part of Punchestown for many generations. All horses entered must be the bona fide property of local people and it can be a lifelong aim to actually win it.
    Yes, the quality of horse might seem pretty low, but it might be worth remembering that steeplechasing did exist long before online bookies, industrial scale training stables and Wall to Wall Live coverage.
    One person's 'disgrace' is another person's highlight of the week.
    Horses for Courses indeed.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭hawaii501

The wonder mare does it again, she is special.
    Stops for a breather and still wins going away

gazza1 wrote: »

7.05 El Barra again form boosted by Suprise Package on weds.

Good shout!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

They sounded like they wanted to go chasing with Honeysuckle next season which would be unbelievable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Gabynako 8/1 tomorrow... redeem yourself!

• Advertisement

Just for Info-- the Bishopscourt Cup is an ancient race, the local 'farmers' race that has been part of Punchestown for many generations. All horses entered must be the bona fide property of local people and it can be a lifelong aim to actually win it.
    Yes, the quality of horse might seem pretty low, but it might be worth remembering that steeplechasing did exist long before online bookies, industrial scale training stables and Wall to Wall Live coverage.
    One person's 'disgrace' is another person's highlight of the week.
    Horses for Courses indeed.....

I saw that alright.... They also mentioned hunting (disgusting "sport" imo, but that's going off topic) in the same context. I'm wondering do either the owners or trainers have to be bona fide farmers, or can the "landed gentry" non farming types enter a horse in that race too, so long as they're in the Kildare area..

clevtrev wrote: »
    I think most of the regulars here moved to a telegram forum for Cheltenham and didn't come back after it finished. This forum has been dead for the last month not worth checking anymore

That comment aged well :p Here we are almost 250 posts later :D

They'd be absolutely mental to go over fences with Honeysuckle, keep her over hurdles and let her become one of the best of all time

also the interview with DeBromhead touched on Alan Potts taking his horses away, was the reason ever established why he did so?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Gabynako 8/1 tomorrow... redeem yourself!

I'm in the same boat as you here. Let's go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement