Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punchestown festival 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

A great man for a handicap but I wouldn't trust a Skelton horse to win a hot grade 1 if he had the only runner in it.

Settling myself up for a fall here...

time will tell !

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

lovely run from echoes in rain there. A class act. Blue lord was leaping the hurdles like he was steeplechasing

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭PatrickDoherty

Blue lord a hound of horse, proven again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭munster87

munster87 wrote: »
    Only one bet for me, Jazzaway in the 4:50, waiting for it since Mrs Milner won the Pertemps

Nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hudhastings

FiftyP wrote: »
    3.40 Hallowed Star 13/2. I think the ground and speed of the race will suit it if it gets into the lead.

4.50 Jazzaway 9/1 ew. Back from a break. Ground should suit. A second where beaten by Mrs Milner by half a length shows a lot of promise.

7.00 Precious Bounty 66/1 ew. Second of my horses coming back from a break. This is a bet on whether it gets around. If it does then some of its P2Ps show it has some ability. I don't think any of the middling horses do great here, and the favourites are no guaranteed thing either.

Nice touch. Jazzaway head bopped down just at right time 10/1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭costacorta

Only one bet for me, Jazzaway in the 4:50, waiting for it since Mrs Milner won the Pertemps

Great call my heart in my mouth in the last strides .

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hudhastings

Merlin giant fancied 555 though tough race and missed price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Nice one

thanks Munster, had zero idea where to start and just saw your post.

The fact I thought it was beat makes it even sweeter.

Thanks so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Milanative

exactly how he should of been rode at cheltenham , murdered them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Brilliant performance by CPS. Great to see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,237 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Chacun impressive

I wasn't blaming the left handed course but CPS is 2/2 going right handed plus a C&D winner up against Allaho who is 0/2 going right handed and has never ran at the distance and Nube Negra who has never won a grade 1.

Think the price is massive personally and this is coming from someone who's never backed Chacun before and Allaho is one of my cliff horses
    Hope ya made a mint. Brave shout. I wouldve wanted more than 2/1 to back him after Cheltenham. Shows what I know :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Hope ya made a mint. Brave shout. I wouldve wanted more than 2/1 to back him after Cheltenham. Shows what I know :pac:

Haha thanks I was actually worried about Nube Negra so thankfully was saved from some public egg on face

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭munster87

I’ll have some spare change on Donnrua Dream in the last, around 10/1

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭howareyakid

I’ll have some spare change on Donnrua Dream in the last, around 10/1

I think his second behind Shantreusse could be the stand out piece of form, so I’m with you there.

shaking with anticipation for this , please god they both stay up and we get an answer

Think I’d be inclined to just go with Envoi Allen here. Perhaps the trip may be more suited to Monkfish but I’d be willing to give Envoi the vote after his Cheltenham fall. But just looking forward to watching this - hopefully it’ll live up to expectations!

Well then!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,237 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Wow both beaten!

townend asked nothing of monkfish after the mistake , envoi did not stay

• Advertisement

What a career Colreevy has had! And covered now by Walk in the Park!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭piplip87

Thats Envoi in the Ryanair next year id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CH3OH

It baffles me with a race that has

1st - €60,000.00 2nd - €20,000.00 3rd - €10,000.00 4th - €5,000.00
    That we get 4 entries
    1 trainer has 3 runners and 1 trainer 1 runner.

It really is a Willie benefit

There must be 15K prize money not awarded.

I'd have run in it for 10 K third place.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭FiftyP

CH3OH wrote: »
    It baffles me with a race that has

1st - €60,000.00 2nd - €20,000.00 3rd - €10,000.00 4th - €5,000.00
    That we get 4 entries
    1 trainer has 3 runners and 1 trainer 1 runner.

It really is a Willie benefit

There must be 15K prize money not awarded.

I'd have run in it for 10 K third place.

I'd still be out there climbing my way over the first fence.

I dont think the trip could be used as an excuse for Envoi. Didnt look on it at all today. Some of the jumps early on were that big he couldve hurt himself landing. He got into a decent rhythm then for a while.
    It could be a case hes just not as good as we were hoping or he had an off day but I wouldnt use the trip as his excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I dont think the trip could be used as an excuse for Envoi. Didnt look on it at all today. Some of the jumps early on were that big he couldve hurt himself landing. He got into a decent rhythm then for a while.
    It could be a case hes just not as good as we were hoping or he had an off day but I wouldnt use the trip as his excuse.

Would being taken out of Gordon Elliott's yard be a factor ?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

He's a bit of a hound but does Black Op not look really well in off 143 tomorrow? Last 2 runs have been in the KG and the Gold Cup so he's come down in the weights and it's not an overly strong field. He's aready been backed but 10s with 365 5 places still available.

Would being taken out of Gordon Elliott's yard be a factor ?

Could well be. Not to say anything wrong with De Bromhead but horse mightve just liked his specific set up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Never looked like he would be winning today, not jumping well enough, difficult to say moving was a factor, horses go in and out of form

• Advertisement

He's a bit of a hound but does Black Op not look really well in off 143 tomorrow? Last 2 runs have been in the KG and the Gold Cup so he's come down in the weights and it's not an overly strong field. He's aready been backed but 10s with 365 5 places still available.

**** me that's some mark. How could ya not have a bet. Trainer does well here the odd one he takes over too.

Advertisement