Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,151 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

stimpson wrote: »
    I’ve never heard about an issue with one not charging. There is a battery gauge on the days like the fuel gauge.

If it’s an Outlander, there is an Android app called PHEV Watchdog that will show you the SoH (State of Health) of the battery. You need a compatible ODBC reader to check it out.

http://phevwatchdog.net

TBH, you’d want to do your homework before buying one. If you do a lot of motorway driving then you’d be better off with a diesel.

I'm still surprised that people don't realise this and then give out that they're not getting the claimed mpg when they're doing long-haul motorway journeys constantly

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

duploelabs wrote: »
    I'm still surprised that people don't realise this and then give out that they're not getting the claimed mpg when they're doing long-haul motorway journeys constantly

Exactly and motorways are where diesel emissions are least harmful, if motorway commuting then modern diesel (especially if you already own one) over PHEV

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Kevin Forde

I am looking at getting in a used late 2015 (but new shape) Outlander from UK.

Can anyone tell me if these just came with just a 3-pin granny charger or did they get a Type 1 cable as standard as well?

Kevin

Can anyone tell me if these just came with just a 3-pin granny charger or did they get a Type 1 cable as standard as well?

Kevin

There's no way to say with complete certainty as if they did come with multiple cables then one or both could be lost or damaged and not in the sale and even if they current seller has bought both cables there's no onus to sell one, you'll just have to check with the seller and I recommend requesting a photo not just their word...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Kevin

They just cone with a granny cable. You have to buy the type-1 > type-2 separately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭blackbox

Do all of the Outlander PHEVs have black or very dark interiors?

Is cream or light grey upholstery available in UK imports?

Unfortunately the Kia PHEV also seems to have black interiors only.

I don't think I could live with that.

blackbox wrote: »
    Do all of the Outlander PHEVs have black or very dark interiors?

Is cream or light grey upholstery available in UK imports?

I don't think I could live with that.

GX5H came with cream Napa leather as an option. I think red was available too.

I was contemplating a GX5H and they were all red, way too pimpy for moi

slave1 wrote: »
    I was contemplating a GX5H and they were all red, way too pimpy for moi

Mine is dark grey. Not sure I could deal with red or cream. Red is acceptable for a 2 seater sports car only.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

From reading this I think the PHEV might be what I am looking for

I am looking for a SUV/4x4 style

But prefer petrol to diesel and prefer automatic

Monday to Friday I mostly just drive a relatively short distance to a train station and back which I reckon could be covered by the electric charge

Ay weekends I have longer journeys including once a month to Limerick and back

Occasional longer journeys as per other people

The PHEV seems to fit

Is there anything else I should be considering than just journey distances?

• Advertisement

Riskymove wrote: »
    From reading this I think the PHEV might be what I am looking for

I am looking for a SUV/4x4 style

But prefer petrol to diesel and prefer automatic

Monday to Friday I mostly just drive a relatively short distance to a train station and back which I reckon could be covered by the electric charge

Ay weekends I have longer journeys including once a month to Limerick and back

Occasional longer journeys as per other people

The PHEV seems to fit

Is there anything else I should be considering than just journey distances?

Seems like a good fit. How far is it to Limerick, and can you charge when you’re there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Hi guys
    Question
    Does the Outlander phev app work with gx3h or is it only for gx4h and gx5h models

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Butson

Guys I'm sure this has been asked already, and apologies if so, but could anybody recommend a good website to buy a charger cable from?

Imported the car from UK, came with Granny Cable so all good there. Just looking for the public one, type 2 to type 1 I think?
    Main dealers here charging a fortune.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

KIA NIRO PHEV only comes with light coloured interior.

Butson wrote: »
    Guys I'm sure this has been asked already, and apologies if so, but could anybody recommend a good website to buy a charger cable from?

Imported the car from UK, came with Granny Cable so all good there. Just looking for the public one, type 2 to type 1 I think?

thanks.

I bought this one and used AddressPal for delivery. I wanted a coiled one and I figured I should go for 32A, even though 16A is fine for the Outlander. There was only £10 in the difference.

https://evinfo.info/product/coiled-ev-charging-cable/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Butson wrote: »

thanks.

Have you checked adverts or donedeal?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭KCross

daheff wrote: »

You can get black interior too. Maybe its only since 191.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

kceire wrote: »
    Have you checked adverts or donedeal?

Or eBay. I bought a 32A brand new for £80. I paid a bit more than the going rate too as I wanted an orange cable -- more visible in poor light.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭blackbox

daheff wrote: »

I see pictures of them with light interiors on the internet, but it isn't an option on Kia's website car configurator.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Cardenkelly

In the end I got an ampera - no app with that but you can use start a preheat using the key fob, a better solution imho[/QUOTE]

hi, may i ask where you are and who you have for servicing your ampera ??
    i just fixed a charge door problem with a garage in wexford as vauxhall has no one in ireland to
    deal with an ampera. this is a major headache for me, and something i never researched b4 I bought it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

I see pictures of them with light interiors on the internet, but it isn't an option on Kia's website car configurator.

i bought one in end Q4.... all came with same spec... no options(barely even a choice of colours).

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Butson

I bought this one and used AddressPal for delivery. I wanted a coiled one and I figured I should go for 32A, even though 16A is fine for the Outlander. There was only £10 in the difference.

https://evinfo.info/product/coiled-ev-charging-cable/

thanks a mil

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Looking at these and i like them. Shocking amount of blank buttons though even on a 2016 gx4?

phill106 wrote: »
    Looking at these and i like them. Shocking amount of blank buttons though even on a 2016 gx4?

There is just a shocking amount of buttons full stop. I’ve got a top spec GX5hs and it has blanks too. The interior is just a bit of a letdown. There is no on screen controls a la iDrive, and the satnav is a bit of a disaster, but it’s well speced, comfortable and cheap to run (assuming your commute is within EV range)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

There is just a shocking amount of buttons full stop. I’ve got a top spec GX5hs and it has blanks too. The interior is just a bit of a letdown. There is no on screen controls a la iDrive, and the satnav is a bit of a disaster, but it’s well speced, comfortable and cheap to run (assuming your commute is within EV range)

i just dont get that...wonder what missing buttons do...
    death ray?
    ejector seats?
    electric charge to zap anyone cycling in lycra?!

phill106 wrote: »
    i just dont get that...wonder what missing buttons do...
    death ray?
    ejector seats?
    electric charge to zap anyone cycling in lycra?!

On the lower bank on the right hand side there are buttons for LDW, front parking sensor sensitivity, electric tailgate, collision avoidance and pedestrian warning sensitivity. The 3 above that are dash menu, stability control and something else (I forget). In front of the gearstick are 5 switches and the centre is the only one that is used on mine - for heated steering wheel. There are other options in other markets like a 230v inverter and a block heater, so presumably there are blanks for those models.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,151 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

How is the satnav a disaster when it runs off apple carplay/android auto?

duploelabs wrote: »
    How is the satnav a disaster when it runs off apple carplay/android auto?

Only the later models have carplay/andriod auto. From 2017 onwards I think, and initially it was the base model only. I'm tempted to go aftermarket, even if I lose some of eco info.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,880 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Only the later models have carplay/andriod auto. From 2017 onwards I think, and initially it was the base model only. I'm tempted to go aftermarket

Big benefit of going aftermarket is that you can use Android Auto wirelessly (from Android 9 / Pie) if you get a unit supporting this

My Ioniq comes with Android Auto / Apple Carplay as standard, but I don't use it. I have refused to plug my phone into anything for many years now, unless I absolutely have to :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

unkel wrote: »
    Big benefit of going aftermarket is that you can use Android Auto wirelessly (from Android 9 / Pie) if you get a unit supporting this

My Ioniq comes with Android Auto / Apple Carplay as standard, but I don't use it. I have refused to plug my phone into anything for many years now, unless I absolutely have to :D

Will carplay and auto only work when plugging in phone? I thought it would work over bluetooth?

Advertisement