Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

rolion wrote: »
    Hi,

Any chance of "converting" the Outlander to a commercial graded vehicle, to pay less or none of that non-sense BIK ,in case of a commercial company given vehicle ! ?

Thanks

There is a commercial Outlander PHEV from the factory

Edit: https://mitsubishi-motors.ie/car/outlander-phev-business/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

stimpson wrote: »
    There is a commercial Outlander PHEV from the factory

Edit: https://mitsubishi-motors.ie/car/outlander-phev-business/

Thanks.
    Cannot justify a brand new one.

Followed you tip and checked AutoTrade in UK and found some commercials Outlanders but , good escaping / bending the BIK point here, some of them were car converted. So buy a normal jeep, bring it in here and convert it to commercial. Does it make sense !?

484912.jpg

484913.jpg

Hello,

For those that owns a phev...
    Can i ask you to confirm what those buttons means, please ?
    I am worried of too many empty plastic spaces.

Thanks.

485133.JPG

485134.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

First one looks like a boot open/close button
    2nd - EV "engine" noise off
    3rd - parking sensors off
    4th - lane departure warning
    5th - AEB- Automatic Emergency braking

2nd pic....
    1st - looks like heated steering
    2nd - Blind spot detection/warning

KCross wrote: »
    First one looks like a boot open/close button
    2nd - EV "engine" noise off
    3rd - parking sensors off
    4th - lane departure warning
    5th - AEB- Automatic Emergency braking

2nd pic....
    1st - looks like heated steering
    2nd - Blind spot detection/warning

Thanks !

On the second,there are three "empty slots"...
    Good or bad ,what features i'm i misssing ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Test drove one of these today for the crack, 2016....it had the same all around view monitor like the Leaf.

Nice to drive, found it strange it only came with granny charger.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Thanks !

On the second,there are three "empty slots"...
    Good or bad ,what features i'm i misssing ?

Not a clue. Haven’t even sat in an outlander! :)

One guess would be heated seats, but hopefully an outlander owner will reply.

Heated seats are in the centre console.

Some features are only available in certain markets eg. 240v sockets in the boot are available in France. I don’t think any mode has all switches. That one looks well speced. I’d be happy with it.

Thanks guys.

Going through the "home reading" ...
    Found a YT playlist with all the features H E R E

Put down a deposit on it today and wondering whats all about.
    Going back tomorrow to check finance status.

Thanks.

485144.JPG

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Test drove one of these today for the crack, 2016....it had the same all around view monitor like the Leaf.

Nice to drive, found it strange it only came with granny charger.....

Not sure it comes with, didn't seen the car ... but why will "you" need a granny charger when you get a home installed full blown charger station ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

If you go stay with your granny, you cannot bring your charger station with you. I was using the granny charger all the time, its slower, which is handy when you come home plug in at say 10 pm, it will charge at a cheaper rate after an hour or two. With the home charger it will nearly be full in 3 hours.

charge as much as you can, press charge when going up a steep hill, to get the most out of your battery.

Best of luck, well you may wear.

kanuseeme wrote: »
    If you go stay with your granny, you cannot bring your charger station with you. I was using the granny charger all the time, its slower, which is handy when you come home plug in at say 10 pm, it will charge at a cheaper rate after an hour or two. With the home charger it will nearly be full in 3 hours.

charge as much as you can, press charge when going up a steep hill, to get the most out of your battery.

Best of luck, well you may wear.

Car has a timer. My Zappi has a timer. No need to charge at day rates. I have granny, type 1 to type 2 and a Zappi. Maybe I’ve overdone it.

Not sure it comes with, didn't seen the car ... but why will "you" need a granny charger when you get a home installed full blown charger station ?

That’s the point, the one I drove I would need to invest in a proper cable to connect into my wall charger, the granny cable is useless to me

Morning,

That's the car HERE.
    Can you "help" me to fault it, please .
    What should i look for,is a dealer not private and should be covered and ok,isnt !??

Thanks

Morning,

That's the car HERE.
    What should i look for,is a dealer not private and should be covered and ok,isnt !??

Thanks

You are well covered with Westbrook motors. They are the main Mitsuibishi dealer in Dublin.

This is a question I posted on facebook but still not 100%

So my wife works 17km from the house, maybe 5km on 80km roads and then into the lovely Dublin....it will be in rush hour going to and coming back from work. So total distance probably 35km.

Now my understanding is that the car will do circa 30km on battery only and that when you start you get to pick Battery mode or hybrid mode. So in battery it would just run off battery till the range is up and then kick back into hybrid mode. Now if you flick on air con that will turn on the petrol engine etc but if just spinning at not crazy speeds it should just run down the battery.

Am I talking rubbish? does it work like this?

Or does it just run in hybrid mode like the Rav 4 but just has a bigger battery so will turn on the petrol engine less times?

She is getting a Rav 4 for loan for weekend to test but I don'tthink anyone does a Outlander loansystem?

Morning,

That's the car HERE.

Thanks

Morning back,

Check the warranty on it, some commercial sellers did not offer the full Mitsubishi warranty, e.g it was sold by a leasing company, not a Mitsubishi dealer.

Its a UK import, did you check dealers in the UK, might save you a few thousand ?????, vrt is easy to do.

Other than that, I am told its Fugly.

Well wear.

Morning back,

Check the warranty on it, some commercial sellers did not offer the full Mitsubishi warranty, e.g it was sold by a leasing company, not a Mitsubishi dealer.

Its a UK import, did you check dealers in the UK, might save you a few thousand ?????, vrt is easy to do.

Other than that, I am told its Fugly.

Well wear.

Westbrook are Mitsu dealers......unless they lost it very recently

This is a question I posted on facebook but still not 100%

So my wife works 17km from the house, maybe 5km on 80km roads and then into the lovely Dublin....it will be in rush hour going to and coming back from work. So total distance probably 35km.

Now my understanding is that the car will do circa 30km on battery only and that when you start you get to pick Battery mode or hybrid mode. So in battery it would just run off battery till the range is up and then kick back into hybrid mode. Now if you flick on air con that will turn on the petrol engine etc but if just spinning at not crazy speeds it should just run down the battery.

Am I talking rubbish? does it work like this?

Or does it just run in hybrid mode like the Rav 4 but just has a bigger battery so will turn on the petrol engine less times?

She is getting a Rav 4 for loan for weekend to test but I don'tthink anyone does a Outlander loansystem?

It starts in battery mode, on my 151 gh3, you can pick save, which will keep the battery at its current level, it will do 35 km at 80 km,

The air con on mine runs off the battery, range drops as a result, turning on the heater will start the engine on gh3, but as far as I know not on the other models, range reduced with them also.

yesterday I drove 32km in a hilly area, used 4% petrol on the trip,

Try the BMW 225e, only found out about it last night, prices seem good, range is less.

Westbrook are Mitsu dealers......unless they lost it very recently

Please refer to the Pan-European Services Booklet in your vehicle for full warranty details. New vehicles that have not been supplied in the UK by an authorised Mitsubishi Motors Dealer and sourced through the Colt Car Company Limited may not benefit from this warranty. Please check with your authorised Mitsubishi Motors Dealer if you would like confirmation of the warranty relating to your vehicle. The warranty provided is in addition to your legal rights. We reserve the right to inspect the vehicle (whether before or after any work is carried out) and/or any damaged or replaced parts.

Outlander PHEV has an 8 Years/100,000 miles traction battery warranty.

this bit I am referring to, sourced through the Colt Car Company Limited may not benefit from this warranty. Please check with your authorised Mitsubishi Motors Dealer if you would like confirmation of the warranty relating to your vehicle.
    https://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.uk/owners/warranty

• Advertisement

It starts in battery mode, on my 151 gh3, you can pick save, which will keep the battery at its current level, it will do 35 km at 80 km,

The air con on mine runs off the battery, range drops as a result, turning on the heater will start the engine on gh3, but as far as I know not on the other models, range reduced with them also.

yesterday I drove 32km in a hilly area, used 4% petrol on the trip,

Try the BMW 225e, only found out about it last night, prices seem good, range is less.

Do you have the option on the car to pre-heat/pre-cool if you set leave time?

https://www.smithygarage-mitsubishi.co.uk/new-cars/outlander/phev/battery-warranty

The rest of the components on the car only has a 5 year/62k miles warranty. That's why you see all the Irish dealers bringing in Outlanders with plus 62k miles. They are buying cheap in UK because the price drops off a cliff after 62k miles.

No idea on the rest in regards to warranty moving, I talked to Electric autos before and as far as he was aware it would be valid. The battery is not going to go on these, unless you are extremely unlucky.

Do you have the option on the car to pre-heat/pre-cool if you set leave time?

Not on mine, other versions you need to check, the other guys car is a UK import, there is the possibility that its not covered by Mitsubishi warranty because its not sold originally by a Mitsubishi dealer.

New vehicles that have not been supplied in the UK by an authorised Mitsubishi Motors Dealer and sourced through the Colt Car Company Limited may not benefit from this warranty.

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.uk/owners/warranty

If the dealer here is going to stand by it, no harm. I just said check.

You can preheat/cool on GX4 and up. The downside is that there is a bug in the timer, so if you use the car timer to charge on night rate and the heat timer to preheat in the morning then your preheat comes from the battery. I use the timer on the Zappi and it works fine - hot (or cool) car in 20 minutes and full battery.

Looking at your numbers you should be fine and use very little ICE. If you don't have the full range, then favour save move on the faster roads and EV in town. I work across town and often go through town instead of M50 as it's shorter distance and the stop/go traffic suits EV much better. I arrive in work with ~45% of battery left after the M50, but 70-75% if I go through town.

I understood that the car doesnt have the same functionality in respect to "remote access" as a LEAF, where is running over a 3G mobile data network, available EU wide.

You have connection to car ONLY if your end device and the car is on the same wireless network.
    That means only at home, on same home wifi ?!!

I understood that the car doesnt have the same functionality in respect to "remote access" as a LEAF, where is running over a 3G mobile data network, available EU wide.

You have connection to car ONLY if your end device and the car is on the same wireless network.
    That means only at home, on same home wifi ?!!

Not quite. It has its own WiFi network so you need to be in range and connect to it. It’s not a great solution TBH but it’s good enough for setting timer: etc. Some people have extended it using a 3G phone in the car but I can access it when sitting on the couch so haven’t been too pushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Dev1234

You can preheat/cool on GX4 and up. The downside is that there is a bug in the timer, so if you use the car timer to charge on night rate and the heat timer to preheat in the morning then your preheat comes from the battery. I use the timer on the Zappi and it works fine - hot (or cool) car in 20 minutes and full battery.

How do you set the timer on the Zappi stimpson? I had a quick look at the manual there and it wasnt jumping out at me.

Looking at your numbers you should be fine and use very little ICE. If you don't have the full range, then favour save move on the faster roads and EV in town. I work across town and often go through town instead of M50 as it's shorter distance and the stop/go traffic suits EV much better. I arrive in work with ~45% of battery left after the M50, but 70-75% if I go through town.

Any reason why they are not fixing the bug? :p

Not sure how you use the Zappi? so you charge the car at nightime and then when preheat comes on do you start charging again? sorry I know I am probably been stupid....

I don't think is a bug ! :)

In my L24 I had similar "bug".
    The pre-heating timer works only if the battery level is over 80%.
    Otherwise, it will not run.
    So I had to connect the cable, setup the charging from the charger interface and then, at pre-heat time, the heater will run and then after it finishes and time left, recharge the battery back to right levels.

See pictures H E R E.

• Advertisement

I don't think is a bug ! :)

In my L24 I had similar "bug".
    The pre-heating timer works only if the battery level is over 80%.
    Otherwise, it will not run.
    So I had to connect the cable, setup the charging from the charger interface and then, at pre-heat time, the heater will run and then after it finishes and time left, recharge the battery back to right levels.

See pictures H E R E.

That’s a lot of messing, with the EGolf it just charges and then preheats

Advertisement