Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everything Pink Floyd.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Chelon

Not if you take Thriller into consideration.

Really? Thought that would be running its' course by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Chelon wrote: »
    Really? Thought that would be running its' course by now.

"After Jackson's death in June 2009, Thriller set additional records. It sold more than 100,000 copies, placing it at number two on the Top Pop Catalog Albums chart. Songs from Thriller also helped Jackson become the first artist to sell more than one million song downloads in a week. According to Nielsen Soundscan, Thriller was the 14th best selling album of 2009 in the United States with 1.27 million copies sold." (Wikipedia)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

PULSE is such an amazing Live Album, it's my goto Album every time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

syngindub wrote: »
    PULSE is such an amazing Live Album, it's my goto Album every time.

PULSE is the absolute bee knees. It is also Gilmour's best Comfortably Numb solo by a long long way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Got my tickets to see the Aussie Floyd in February, I can't wait!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,831 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Got my tickets to see the Aussie Floyd in February, I can't wait!

I've seen them a good few times, they do a great show.
    Where are they playing this time?

The Olympia. They are fantastic but for me the Olympia is just too small for such a spectacular gig. Even the Bord Gais was a bit small for Brit Floyd. The Point now that's a different story...

Chelon wrote: »
    The Olympia. They are fantastic but for me the Olympia is just too small for such a spectacular gig. Even the Bord Gais was a bit small for Brit Floyd. The Point now that's a different story...

I saw them in the 02 once before too. It was something to behold alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Picture of Jools Holland in the studio working with David on the new album.

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/

• Advertisement

rednik wrote: »
    Picture of Jools Holland in the studio working with David on the new album.

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/

Note: That's on David's new album, not the last Pink Floyd one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭OldRio

OldRio wrote: »

Three concert videos and a half-hour documentary. Pretty poor showing. There's tonnes of Floyd footage / documentaries, from the Syd-era up, that could've been shown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Its a pity they don't show more of Syd.I know there is not a huge amount of material of him, but still, it should be as prominent as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭OldRio

Three concert videos and a half-hour documentary. Pretty poor showing. There's tonnes of Floyd footage / documentaries, from the Syd-era up, that could've been shown.

Agreed, but I'm in the glass half full mood at the moment.:D

Just finished watching (well fast fwding through...) the Delicate Sound of Thunder concert footage that was on Sky at the weekend.

I'd seen it before but forgotten just how awful it is...the preceding documentary wasn't great either.

• Advertisement

Great gig tonight. Gonna pay for it in the morning though, wish me luck...

Ah DSOT isn't that bad... it was what it was, a tour of a giant 80s stadium rock band. That just happened to be Pink Floyd.

I remember having it on VHS (and cassette) and it was always on in someone's house. Personally I preferred Pompeii but DSOT had the "hits".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Australian Pink Floyd @ The Olympia Theatre, 16/2/15

5888297B314C4430B505AF03C908AEFC-0000360871-0003731600-00640L-27A8A3FF17C04828979CECF8B3F6DFF3.jpg

21B57663EDF245F2B4E1169B3AFB1508-0000360871-0003731630-00640L-1C7755FCC43141B0B6EC486AC672F230.jpg

Looks impressive but was there any room for inflatables?

They had an inflatable kangaroo during "one of these days".
    Inflatables are my least favourite part of an Australian Pink Floyd or Brit Floyd show.
    Lasers on the other hand.....

66B9A325DBD842549F9AB533F3DDD61B-0000360871-0003731579-00640L-DBB795F02FFC484D93F0EEDC7ECFA1CB.jpg

• Advertisement

David & Polly making an appearance at Borris House festival of writing and ideas in June.

http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/latest/david-gilmour-and-polly-samson-appearing-at-writing-fes.html

...and the Sun was eclipsed by the Moo0000oon..

Sorry, couldn't resist it.. :D

K.Flyer wrote: »
    ...and the Sun was eclipsed by the Moo0000oon..

Sorry, couldn't resist it.. :D

Have to listen to the album now. :)

My favourite album of all time but would I get strung up if I say the final track doesn't *quite* live up to the magnificence of the rest?

Nice! That would've been good to go to.

Nice! That would've been good to go to.

It would be even nicer if he played a night here. ;) The new album is titled Rattle the lock !!!

It would be even nicer if he played a night here. ;) The new album is titled Rattle the lock !!!

Terrible title. I'll buy it though.

Did you hear the album he did with the Orb? I was quite pleasantly surprised by that. I thought it would be endless noodling over soft beats. That was saved for the Endless River! :pac:

Terrible title. I'll buy it though.

Did you hear the album he did with the Orb? I was quite pleasantly surprised by that. I thought it would be endless noodling over soft beats. That was saved for the Endless River! :pac:

No, never got round to listening. Rattle that lock I imagine will be in the same vein as On an Island. Jools Holland, Nick Mason guesting with Phil Manzanera producing & playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 SniperOverLord

oldscoil wrote:
    In credible, amazin0g! awkward, awe-inspiring, innovative, breathtaking for your escapism, beautiful realism...et ceftera, et cetera...
    inspiring
    I
    G

• Advertisement

My favorite album by a solo Floyd, but I won't be picking it up as my original gold cd is just as good now as it was 23 years ago.
    I'm not expecting much in the Line of bonus material either as Rogers demos can be very meh!

David will be appearing on Radio 2 Chris Evans breakfast show on Friday morning where it is expected the title track will air for the first time, probably around 8:50am.

37A559D48C034937AB21EDBBF8A31DB5-0000362898-0003779604-00500L-62C4CDFCF6284135A0EAA22B53CC7460.jpg

Heard a clip of Rattle That Lock - was an upbeat sort of track, nothing amazing.

After "On an Island", I'll try and limit my expectations for this album, but I can't wait for the Royal Albert Hall on Sept 24th!

The new album will be released on Sept 18th and a small US tour has just been announced.

Album cover

2EE70AB998A540A8A1942565A1C833AB-0000362898-0003779846-00450L-D925C78B6F244932B77677B9B55D4A00.jpg

Track listing

5 A.M (Gilmour)
    Rattle That Lock (Gilmour/Samson/Boumendil)
    Faces Of Stone (Gilmour)
    A Boat Lies Waiting (Gilmour/Samson)
    Dancing Right In Front Of Me (Gilmour)
    In Any Tongue (Gilmour/Samson)
    Beauty (Gilmour)
    The Girl In The Yellow Dress (Gilmour/Samson)
    Today (Gilmour/Samson)
    And Then… (Gilmour)

This looks great...

K.Flyer wrote: »
    This looks great...

Wow, how good was that, hope it gets a general release in the cinemas!

• Advertisement

@zorro2566
    Re"Wow, how good was that, hope it gets a general release in the cinemas!"

Its showing in selected cinemas on tues 29th September and is followed by a Q&A with Roger and Nick Mason.

VUE cinema Dublin have it scheduled for showing..

Roger Waters The Wall Vue Cinema Dublin

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

That looks absolutely deadly.

I see it is now being listed as a "Live Event" screening at Movies at Dundrum, Dublin starting at 8.00 pm on the 29th.

Roger Waters The Wall Live Event
    LIVE EVENT BROADCAST:
    IMPORTANT NOTICE:
    For live content all start/intermission and finish times are approximate. Delays can be experienced and some level of audio and visual interference/interruptions can be an unforeseen possibility. Where/If advised by the broadcaster of possible issues we will alert the audience accordingly.

The film, with an exclusive "in conversation" with Roger Waters and Nick Mason, will have an unprecedented event cinema release across the world at 8.00pm local time on Tuesday September 29 this year. ROGER WATERS THE WALL, which had its World Premiere at last year's Toronto Film Festival, is an event film that unfolds on many levels – as an immersive concert experience of the classic Pink Floyd album, a road movie of Waters' reckoning with the past and as a stirring anti-war film, highlighting the human cost of conflict. 

Roger could do with releasing some new material, couldn't he?

• Advertisement

Great to see Fat Old Sun getting an airing again and of course always a nod to Syd with A.D.

5 am seems like a killer opening track.

If only there was an Irish show :(

I have to say I am disappointed with that set list. I was hoping for a few songs from the first two albums and some Floyd that he hasn't played on his own. Dogs would be my preference, I have heard Wywh so many times that I am starting to dislike it. The highlight on the last tour was Echoes,I honestly don't see a highlight here if he sticks with this set.

David being interviewed on the Simon Mayo show just after 5pm today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b066tsby

• Advertisement
Advertisement