Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Circle K to slash fuel prices by 7c a litre this weekend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I had filled up my tank just before the fuel dropped a few weeks ago. Filled up the other day and now price is dropping again. Not using the car much these, so 1 fill a month or 2, but still!! I'm cursed for fuel savings!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,403 ✭✭✭TheChizler

antodeco wrote: »
    I had filled up my tank just before the fuel dropped a few weeks ago. Filled up the other day and now price is dropping again. Not using the car much these, so 1 fill a month or 2, but still!! I'm cursed for fuel savings!
    Bollox, just filled up last night as well! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Nice deal, I 'll fill the fleet :D

But --- Premium?

It's still only 95.. added snake oil or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Has this kicked in yet or will I have to wait for tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,101 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Standing outside Circle K, 137.9 I'll nurse it onto Tesco where it's 128.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Is it all fuel or just the over priced miles plus.

Claims it gets you an extra 4% distance but the prices is over 5% dearer !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Ah this explains why they bumped their prices in the last month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

From tomorrow only.

I use AA discount code which knocks off another 4 cents per litre.
    Has this kicked in yet or will I have to wait for tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

To be fair a 50 litre tank at 7c per litre is only a saving of €3.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

They're solid robbed from it below in Venezuela, beyond 10 euro a tonne now

vQcny5b.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What's the average price a litre in Dublin now?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The only participating filling station in Limerick according to the list, is currently one of the most expensive for fuel in the city, lol.

I gather making the fancier claimed stuff the same price as the regular stuff is in the hope that people continue to use it once it goes back up to its regular price.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭go4it

car drives just fine with a 'normal' petrol fuel.
    They're always going to be people who think their (expensive) car deserves 'special' fuel and be willing to pay extra for it.
    As i read in the paper article : << milesPLUS is our new advanced premium fuel that has a higher concentration of additive delivering more power & acceleration for a superior driving experience>>
    More power & acceleration ? for city driving ? staying in Q in the morning rush hour ? In an area where City Council puts a 30km/h limit? What world are you living in ? Extra money for additives is just a tax on snobbery imho. Would you advertise : 'filled only with premium petrol' when you want to sell your car, for better value? i thought so....

go4it wrote: »
    They're always going to be people who think their (expensive) car deserves 'special' fuel and be willing to pay extra for it.

If I could get 98ron here I'd pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭go4it

@BrownFinger : octane booster is what you're after : comes in 350-440ml for a normal 50-60L tank ; some of the cheap ones are using other tricks to deliver more power boost . beside additives, they clean/erode the injectors heads to deliver more fuel , giving the impression of the power. Don't take my word for it. Do some fuel consumption calculation on your own ( not onboard pc numbers) - fill fullest to the petrol pump, do 600km and do a full fill at the pump again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I filled up about an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭SOPHIE THE DOG

A EUR3.50 saving sounds good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

sugarman wrote: »
    Took the words out of my mouth, yet you'll have idiots driving out of their way and probably queuing at the pump to save a measly few cent.

And blowing it on over priced coffee and a danish. Circle K will be the winner here.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Usual bargain bashing has started I see

How can it be a bargain when even after discount it's more expensive than Apple green and Tesco on a normal day.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It’s the same octane as normal petrol, and they claim the extra mileage might happen because your engine will be cleaner....

In my experience I got no extra Kms from the tank and no extra power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Can you also add the additional 4c per litre off using the aa app?

Same could be said for many things really
    I fill up at circle k every week with miles plus and my mpg is far better so 7 cent off is a bargain for me if it’s saving me a few quid, each to their own.

How much better is it? I use Top mostly as I pass it going to work and the price is usually within 1or2c of the cheapest in the area. I occasionally use Circle K which is a few cents more for diesel.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The E5 produced in Whitegate is 99.2RON already. "95" specified is a bare minimum, most fuel sold is higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Cape Clear wrote: »
    And blowing it on over priced coffee and a danish. Circle K will be the winner here.

At the moment there's a free hot drink with every 25ltrs purchased in circle k..........just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

L1011 wrote: »
    The E5 produced in Whitegate is 99.2RON already. "95" specified is a bare minimum, most fuel sold is higher.

Interesting, and not for this thread, but is there any way to check RON levels?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

That's what I hope to do. Will give it a try but not sure.
    Can you also add the additional 4c per litre off using the aa app?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,485 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

So they’re reducing their prices to those of other filling stations?? That’s just great.

At the moment there's a free hot drink with every 25ltrs purchased in circle k..........just saying.

How many people will take the free drink pay for their 25ltrs + of fuel and walk out without buying anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Cape Clear wrote: »
    How many people will take the free drink pay for their 25ltrs + of fuel and walk out without buying anything else?

i dont really get the question.i did that exact thing today whats the problem with it?

• Advertisement

Same could be said for many things really
    I fill up at circle k every week with miles plus and my mpg is far better

Your a marketeers wet dream, we'll give your 4% extra miles per tank but we'll charge your 8% more than the next place for the same tank.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement