Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circle K to slash fuel prices by 7c a litre this weekend

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Thanks OP- the car is running on fumes, haven't topped up in 3 weeks (and have a 90 litre tank)- will definitely top-up in the morning.
    The free coffee and the treat- is the icing on the cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭gillamandango

I fondly remember Shell here that had it, you could feel the difference between the 95
    If I could get 98ron here I'd pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Enjoy.

How do we get free coffee and other goodies? I go to circle K often but never knew about this deal.
    Thanks OP- the car is running on fumes, haven't topped up in 3 weeks (and have a 90 litre tank)- will definitely top-up in the morning.
    The free coffee and the treat- is the icing on the cake.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

dulpit wrote: »
    To be fair a 50 litre tank at 7c per litre is only a saving of €3.50.
    21 minutes at minimum wage, not counting travel costs.

working.png

And if you drive a typical car more than a mile out of your way for each penny you save on the per-gallon price, it doesn't matter how worthless your time is to you--the gas to get you there and back costs more than you save.

http://pumps.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Dam already topped up my 1989 mitsubishi with petrol after getting a 2 year nct,other mitsubishi needs petrol so might drop in and forgot i had a topaz card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭sidcon

So 7cent of premium fuel, fill up with more than 25L and I get a free tea or coffee? And still people say there is no bargain, go away will you.

sidcon wrote: »
    So 7cent of premium fuel, fill up with more than 25L and I get a free tea or coffee? And still people say there is no bargain, go away will you.

In our local Circle K the premium is 4c a litre more expensive than the regular. Prices are standardised with the local Applegreen. So this offer is 3c a litre off the standard price- which equals the local Applegreen price (this is Palmerstown eastbound). Its a great deal *if* you need fuel- as I do- its not such a great deal, if you're going to unusual lengths just to access the offer. It is my local and I do need fuel- so its a good deal for me. Someone who lives 10 miles away- would be nuts to divert out of their way just to get the deal.

I've an 8 year old 2 litre with a large 90ltr touring tank- that I habitually put 2 shots of Redex in a fill to keep it clean- its cheaper for me to use the Circle K premium- than it is to use Redex in the tank.

Just because this offer may not be such a good offer for you- doesn't mean its not for me........

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

One of my other cars gets less than 18MPG so requires lots of fill ups. The cheapest circle k is 2 minutes up the road (Kylemore) and I would normally use the miles plus. Any saving on that is good!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

dulpit wrote: »
    To be fair a 50 litre tank at 7c per litre is only a saving of €3.50.

well thats €3.50 more in my back pocket:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭deezell

Maynooth listed as one if the stations, but the juice is still full price there, same price as yesterday.

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Discount is usually applied in the shop when you pay
    Ah, I see. I'll be going past again, but tbh, 7 off 131 .9 is 124.9, no big deal unless you factor in the 4c improvement of the moremiles. Circle K in Coolmine is 125.5 on Pumps, but they're not doing the deal. Applegreen in Clonsilla 125.9, their juice is decent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Went past the one in Kilmacanogue, the plus unleaded is 1.379 same as regular so I assume they’re applying the discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Random Bloke

134.9 for more miles petrol in Ranelagh Road. Same price as standard unleaded petrol. I get a 2c discount with their charge card, and picked up a free hot chocolate for my son into the bargain, as I bought 40 litres.
    I drive a plug in hybrid so use very little petrol, but happy to have this stuff in the tank.
    Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Got the MilesPlus diesel @127.9 in Drogheda along with the 4c reduction for AXA and a free coffee to boot.

1zgsx8p.jpg

Saved 3.76 euros

I didn't download circle K app
    No hot drink ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

134.9 for petrol in Clonshaugh, this is in or around same price as Tesco and Topaz on Malahide Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

134.9 for both regular and plus petrol in all the topaz's I've passed today.

Filled up in Tesco at 132.9 yesterday so I'm not feeling too bad about missing this!

I didn't download circle K app

You don't need the app for the free coffee- I got a nice large Latte earlier. You just use your old Topaz card.

I don't have topaz card either. Could we get free coffee without topaz card or app?

I always free diesel for 65 euros every 10th day. Is it worth getting Circle K card?
    You don't need the app for the free coffee- I got a nice large Latte earlier. You just use your old Topaz card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭XsApollo

The signs on the coffee machine my local for the 25litres coffee .
    No mention of any app being needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

They are introducing premium miles fuel ⛽

We had premium and regular fuel for most of my life. Consumers association/consumer magazine tested both fuel types. Result was you'd need to be driving a very high spec car like a Ferrari for it to make any difference. Sales of premium collapsed within weeks & eventually it was removed from the market.

Don't be fooled

1zgsx8p.jpg

Saved 3.76 euros

But you still paid 1.30 a litre. Plenty of outlets at 125.9

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

21 minutes at minimum wage, not counting travel costs.

working.png

And if you drive a typical car more than a mile out of your way for each penny you save on the per-gallon price, it doesn't matter how worthless your time is to you--the gas to get you there and back costs more than you save.
    exactly, people should factor in the true cost. If you were going to go get petrol and a random neighbour you barely know butt in and said "going to get petrol? I left my sunglasses in the petrol station 5miles from the local one, petrol is the exact same price, if I gave you 3.50 would you get them for me?", expecting you to use up your own time and petrol going the extra distance.

People often did this going up north to get food and esp. booze. I saw a lad in work claiming they saved a fortune, but buying beer they NEVER would have dreamt of buying here. Not that the beer was nasty but it was hugely reduced and then they compared to overpriced offies here, totally fooling themselves.

Same can go on with coffee and other freebies. Many have no need for coffee, would not ordinarily buy it so should value it accordingly, maybe 20-40cent.

XsApollo wrote: »
    well at least they are not skimping on the cup size ;):pac:

There are few apps for Circle K and I am unsure which one is it. Could you please share the app link? I am on android.

Get the app and you can enter the monthly draw and the free treat are worth collecting every month
    My cousin won a trip to Dubai with them a few months back

Cool. I am going to check it next time for sure.
    XsApollo wrote: »
    No mention of any app being needed.

But I’m sure poster said that’s their nearest garage, doesn’t pay to travel for cheap fuel. If the buyer is happy why does it bother you ?
    Why are you imagining I said it bothered me? I merely stated a fact. I was suspicious of this offer, and when I posted previously that the price at my local station was unchanged, a reply suggested it would be discounted at the till. Not true, the price of this new fuel is to be 7c dearer than the existing stuff, so the 131.9 price on the station display includes the discount, and I was informed that the real price is to be 138.9/l.
    I'm passing stations with 125 to 129 all the time, so don't ask me how 131.9 represents a saving. The post with the receipt without the AA thing is 134. The whole thing is a marketing stunt. Who's going to pay an extra 7c/l for an additive which delivers a saving of little over half that?

Well, it's all relative and it made me happy before going to Dunnes for weekly shopping :)

I do get your point that saving might be none here, but still I would like to try this new diesel with additive and I was going to pay the higher normal price for it this weekend. So it is a bargain for me.

It's like trying out Mercedes for a day VS trying out a KIA, if it makes any sense.
    deezell wrote: »
    Why are you imagining I said it bothered me? I merely stated a fact. I was suspicious of this offer, and when I posted previously that the price at my local station was unchanged, a reply suggested it would be discounted at the till. Not true, the price of this new fuel is to be 7c dearer than the existing stuff, so the 131.9 price on the station display includes the discount, and I was informed that the real price is to be 138.9/l.
    I'm passing stations with 125 to 129 all the time, so don't ask me how 131.9 represents a saving. The post with the receipt without the AA thing is 134. The whole thing is a marketing stunt. Who's going to pay an extra 7c/l for an additive which delivers a saving of little over half that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Brilliant...Stopped at the one in Carlow and just threw in regular diesel...Nice of them to have it well advertised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,044 ✭✭✭mikeecho

mfceiling wrote: »
    Brilliant...Stopped at the one in Carlow and just threw in regular diesel...Nice of them to have it well advertised.

The big monolith at the front of the station would have been a hint.. and then the price on the pump was another hint.
    They also had it up on social media, and there was an article in the newspaper as well.

.. hopefully they'll learn, and next time they'll send someone around to your house to personally inform you

It's the least they can do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement