Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speech and language therapy UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Wooly Sheep

Hi Mash89,

I think that's a great idea! Good thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 badge1004

Good idea Mash89, hopefully a few more applicants join in on this board so we'll have the best idea of where we stand. I also felt a bit dejected after the test, but what's done is done! Am I right in thinking that we'll receive our personal scores in mid to late April?

This is a great idea hopefully more applicants from this year join this board like you said Badge1004. It would be great for future reference and for the friendly support also. Hopefully it all works out for the best. As far as I know the results are released to U.L. applicants mid-late April and to all other candidates the 25th June. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 tukki

Well done everybody. Don't worry too much about how you did, most people feel like that when doing the HPAT. We got our results in early April last year and received acceptance letters by the end of April.

I'm midway into semester two of OT and absolutely loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KoalaKi19

Hi All! Just wondering what the intake is for this course each year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

There are 30 places :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jsykc

_meehan_ wrote: »
    There are 30 places :)
    Do you know how many applicants there normally are?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

jsykc wrote: »

I don't know to be honest, I remember hearing there were around 80 the year I applied!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mash89

Thanks tukki! Glad it's going well and that most importantly, you're enjoying it!

For SLT last year, I heard there was about 120 applicants. 😕

The countdown is on, one way or the other I just want to hear back.

Good luck all! Lets see what happens over the next few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jsykc

_meehan_ wrote: »
    jsykc wrote: »

I don't know to be honest, I remember hearing there were around 80 the year I applied!
    mash89 wrote: »
    Thanks  tukki! Glad  it's  going  well and  that  most  importantly, you're  enjoying  it!

For SLT last  year, I heard  there  was about  120 applicants. 😕

That's a big jump. I want to apply next year and it's annoying that there's nothing I can do to improve my chances except studying for the HPAT.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it is but you never know really how many applicants there are. It's kind of impossible to tell, especially too with OT. 
    Just wondering if anyone has applied to any Unis in the UK? 
    And also about the interview process. Maybe applicants from last year can help. When do the interviews take place more or less? I guess that its for people shortlisted to that phase. I wonder if that is considered before or after the HPAT results come out. Are the interviews only conducted in person? 

Any comments greatly appreciated.

Hi Mash89

Are there interviews for U.L. for O.T and S.L.T courses? if so when do they happen? or are you talking about interviews for oversea courses?

Hi Mash89

Are there interviews for U.L. for O.T and S.L.T courses? if so when do they happen? or are you talking about interviews for oversea courses?
    I got the impression that there are, for UL although maybe I'm wrong. I think though, that I saw on the application platform a section about interviews and in previous posts here. I'm just wondering about them really.

I know a lot of the UK unis do them too for Msc programmes.

I know in recent years there were interviews conducted in U.L. (I'm not familiar with overseas courses) as a way of entry into some courses esp S.L.T., then when the Hpat evolved they did away with the interviews and just used the Hpat as a way of entry into the specific courses due to a high volume of applicants. I thought that it now was that you either pass the Hpat and get accepted to U.L. and thats it no interview or vice versa. This was just my understanding I could be wrong about that also.

Yeah, I was just looking back properly on this thread for last year and it seems that there weren't any. I must have gotten mixed up as I have been looking at so much info! I thought there might be in some cases depending on different applicants etc but I guess that's why the HPAT was introduced. 
    I just logged into http://www.si.ul.ie/ with my application info. and there it does have a section about interview dates but maybe they haven't removed it from the application platform since they changed it or something? 
    Does that show up for you when you log in?

For some reason I'm having difficulty getting into that site so I can't read that section at the moment. I'd hope that the Uni will email us (upon acceptance fingers crossed for us both) with all that information and the next stage in the process if interviews are even necessary after acceptance? Doubt there'll be anyone in the Uni to email over the easter to ask about it and put our minds at ease. If you find out in the mean time please let me know? :)

Ah ok, it's probably just a part they still have on there but there probably aren't any interviews. Especially as you said, with the HPAT. I guess they assess us on the strength of our applications and our HPAT score. 
    And yeah, I guess nobody will be there over the next week to ask about it. I may email them after the break just to see if they respond. If so, I'll let you know.
    Fingers crossed for us both, I know it's still early doors, but I just want to find out!

Don't take my word for it now things could have easily changed since. Likewise I'll email the Uni after the break and hope for a response and keep you posted. Yes I would just like to know now to get accommodation and that sorted. But whats for us wont pass us at this stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 suziob

There's no interviews guys it's just the hpat results. See 'entry requirements' on site below

https://www.ul.ie/graduateschool/course/speech-and-language-therapy-professional-qualification-msc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

No interview for the course guys. It's purely on hpat score. Best of luck with it!

• Advertisement

Thanks very much :)

Early April... The wait to hear back is just...ahhh!
    Trawling through this thread(again) looking at percentiles of those who were and weren´t accepted. If any more people want to share their percentiles from previous years, that would be really helpful! 
    I guess, we´ll hear in the next couple of weeks! I´ve been accepted into a programme in the UK but honestly, the fees are so high that I don´t think I´ll be able to accept the place. 

Fingers crossed for UL!

HPAT results are out!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sineadoneill

How did people get on with results?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 badge1004

Right guys, I got a percentile rank of 60 and a written score of 54. Not sure how to feel about this as a result. How'd the rest of ye get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sineadoneill

badge1004 wrote: »
    Right guys, I got a percentile rank of 60 and a written score of 54. Not sure how to feel about this as a result. How'd the rest of ye get on?

Sounds like a very good result! Unfortunately mine aren’t as good. I got a percentile of 34 and English mark of 45. Hoping it’s good enough

I got 53 in the percentile rank and 65 in the English. Praying its enough! Fingers crossed guys for us guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lilhands

Hey all! I got 58 percentile rank and 71 in the written English. Should we find out in around a fortnight?

Well done all! Yeah, I'd say going on last year by about the end of the month.

I'm sure I'm not the only one already checking several times a day! No chill :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 rice94

hey guys! I'm applying from Florida! Are there any international students on this board? For the ISAT I scored in the 72 percentile. Do you really think we will hear back by the end of the month? I emailed Them a few weeks ago and she said we won't receive results until mid June...but I'm dying waiting haha

Advertisement