Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speech and language therapy UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 badge1004

This wait is a killer. Looks like they got offers on the 25th last year

• Registered Users Posts: 22 fuzzyduck00

Hi, I have applied for SLT in UL also for September.. The wait is starting to become frustrating. Does anyone know how we will be informed? I have been tracking the status of my application on the UL site, refreshing emails & checking the post too and that is on a daily basis. Hopefully it will be soon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rice94

Hey! I know.. I contacted them and they said you can’t track the status of your application and that it will be mid June when we get an email ! I check my email every day as well hoping it will be sooner !

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mash89

Mid June? What? That's crazy, I thought it was April. Last year they got word not even two weeks after getting the HPAT results.

Do international applicants have to wait longer?

I don't think I could wait to know until June.

I know it’s so frustrating ... and no they said everyone is considered and contacted at the same time because we had to have our exam results in by the first of feb!

• Advertisement

Mid June is a bit late isn’t it seems like ages away 🙈

Especially since there seems to be a reading list we have to study over summer! Just checking our emails every day is so annoying ..

• Registered Users Posts: 15 BellaJ14

I contacted them and they said we'll hear in the next two weeks. The wait is killing me too. This is my second year applying. My hpat score went up significantly but my English dropped but I'm hoping it's enough! I really thought we'd hear by today aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Pepsmagoo

Hi Rice,
    I have a feeling that the way it works is that there are a certain amount of places reserved for international students, I bet they probably will first sort out the Irish applications earlier more than likely in the next week or so and then the international applications later so you may be waiting longer than the Irish applicants to hear. Just going by what I read.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 badge1004

BellaJ14, who was it that told you that we'd find out over the next couple of weeks? It's just that I rang postgrad admissions yesterday who forwarded me to the clinical science department I think it was, and they said the end of June to me :(

• Advertisement

badge1004 wrote: »
    BellaJ14, who was it that told you that we'd find out over the next couple of weeks? It's just that I rang postgrad admissions yesterday who forwarded me to the clinical science department I think it was, and they said the end of June to me :(

Postgraduate Admissions. She said applications were currently with the course director. Hopefully it will be sooner than 2 weeks! 😊

To be honest I don't think my scores are high enough anyway. I'm happy enough with the English result but not sure about the percentile being high enough. In one way I have a bit of hope and then on the other hand I'm thinking no way! I suppose all we can do is wait and keep refreshing those emails!!!

BellaJ14 wrote: »
    badge1004 wrote: »

Postgraduate Admissions. She said applications were currently with the course director. Hopefully it will be sooner than 2 weeks! 😊

This is what they said to me in March... “Please note that your application has been received and is currently being reviewed. Decisions should be made by the end of March start of April we will be in contact via email as soon as a decision has been reached.” And then in April told me it would be June ..

Its so hard to tell as well what percentile will actually get you in because some people on this thread said people between the 40-50 percentile got in and others had high scores in the 60 percentile got in. Its very hard to know if we've done enough thats why the waiting is so much worse because its very hard to predict!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sineadoneill

I rang yesterday and spoke to admissions of clinical therapies. She said our applications are with the course director now and we should hear something before the end of the month. I asked about number of places and she said that’s all with the course director. So fingers crossed they take more?? They have our HPAT results 2 weeks now?

I don't think they'd be willing to take more than 30 would they? I just presumed there was a set amount of allocated places and that was it?!

I don't think they'd be willing to take more than 30 would they? I just presumed there was a set amount of allocated places and that was it?!
    I’m unsure really??

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mash89

This is so crazy, there is so much conflicting information.

I sent an email yesterday and I have just received a reply...saying about HPAT results being received by then in May (wtf?) and decisiona on applications coming in late May or early June...

Seriously, what the hell?

I'm going to go on the info given by those of you who have spoken to somebody by phone, as it seems like theres no cohesive info from email correspondence.

mash89 wrote: »
    This is so crazy, there is so much conflicting information.

I sent an email yesterday and I have just received a reply...saying about HPAT results being received by then in May (wtf?) and decisiona on applications coming in late May or early June...

Seriously, what the hell?

I'm going to go on the info given by those of you who have spoken to somebody by phone, as it seems like theres no cohesive info from email correspondence.

Ya it’s madness? I feel they don’t even know themselves? All we can is wait I suppose?

Well look at least everyone is in the same boat & its not like anyone is at an advantage / disadvantage at this stage. It would have been good if everyone had been given the same information about times though.

• Advertisement

Hey guys..so I just called and talked to admissions and they said they have no idea when they will hear back about decisions.. that it could be 3-4 weeks! Just incase anyone gets their hopes up for today

This wait is killing me :-(

Results are out!! Check the application status on the UL eportal!!!

My hasn’t updated. Did you get a place?

How did you access the portal? They said they’ll make decisions Friday and we get letters next week??

You can track the status of your application online when you login? I can't remember when I signed up but mine only updated today it has today's date on it!!

You can track the status of your application online when you login? I can't remember when I signed up but mine only updated today it has today's date on it!!

Did you get offered a place?

Yes I did!! it said all the details will arrive by post "Details of the acceptance deposit and your offer letter will be sent to you by mail shortly." Nothing came to my email at all... I'm worrying now that its not real haha

Yes I did!! it said all the details will arrive by post "Details of the acceptance deposit and your offer letter will be sent to you by mail shortly." Nothing came to my email at all... I'm worrying now that its not real haha

Oh wow well done!! What did you get in your HPAT? I’m losing hope here now

• Advertisement

Congrats !! I guess international students have access to eportals :(

Advertisement