Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2018 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lockiedox

Hi guys just wondering how did you hear from your local sgt? Was it by phone call or public jobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Joda96

Lockiedox wrote: »
    Hi guys just wondering how did you hear from your local sgt? Was it by phone call or public jobs?

Sgt. Rang me from the station but I missed the call and then sent me an email, so keep an eye on your emails too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lockiedox

Joda96 wrote: »
    Sgt. Rang me from the station but I missed the call and then sent me an email, so keep an eye on your emails too!
    Thanks. Missed a call during the week and got no ans when i rang back so im wondering if that was it now 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Paddyjken

Did anybody go to the open day Saturday. I couldn't make it due to work.
    Was it useful?
    Did they give any indication of dates for the PT and medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭arainagusime

Paddyjken wrote: »
    Did anybody go to the open day Saturday. I couldn't make it due to work.
    Was it useful?
    Did they give any indication of dates for the PT and medical?

It was very useful. So happy I went, about 100 people showed up. I now know what I need to work on for the fitness test and it isn't what I expected. Nearly didn't go because of reading some opinions on here but sheer curiosity got the better of me. I'd say if you are in doubt, go. If you can't make it because you are driving from Malin Head and it would be a massive hassle, you won't ruin your chances either -- it isn't recorded that you are there.

The best advice given on the day is to recreate the fitness test as closely as possible and repeat it a million times. Also overshoot your targets, so 30 pressups instead of 20 etc a bit to ensure you get through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭fmp3d26og54yi9

It was very useful. So happy I went, about 100 people showed up. I now know what I need to work on for the fitness test and it isn't what I expected. Nearly didn't go because of reading some opinions on here but sheer curiosity got the better of me. I'd say if you are in doubt, go. If you can't make it because you are driving from Malin Head and it would be a massive hassle, you won't ruin your chances either -- it isn't recorded that you are there.

The best advice given on the day is to recreate the fitness test as closely as possible and repeat it a million times. Also overshoot your targets, so 30 pressups instead of 20 etc a bit to ensure you get through.

Ya I agree, it was great to be there and see the set up and especially for us females to see how the push and pull machine needs so much force. I have work to do!!

They mentioned that a GP letter will be sent out to everyone to give you the go ahead to do the fitness in early January possibly! Then the medical will be after the fitness test.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 lealor17

I think this has already been mentioned before in one of the other threads. However I just want to check, do we do the fitness first and then the medical after? Was this not the other way around in previous competitions?

lealor17 wrote: »
    I think this has already been mentioned before in one of the other threads. However I just want to check, do we do the fitness first and then the medical after? Was this not the other way around in previous competitions?

It used to be the other way around you are correct but they said this time a GP approval before the fitness and then the medical in pheonix park afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

I just got an invite for the open day on 5th Jan. just thinking surely my test wouldn’t be within 2/3 weeks of the open day so am I looking more at a February fitness test?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 rossd92

Uweir32 wrote: »
    I just got an invite for the open day on 5th Jan. just thinking surely my test wouldn’t be within 2/3 weeks of the open day so am I looking more at a February fitness test?

I got the invite for it too on the 26th but then they recalled the email ?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

rossd92 wrote: »
    I got the invite for it too on the 26th but then they recalled the email ?

Yeah same here for the 26th of Jan and it was recalled

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gadaves

OscarKilo wrote: »
    Yeah same here for the 26th of Jan and it was recalled

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Polly26

I got email for 5th Jan too, then a recall message shortly after.. what does this mean??

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rossd92

Polly26 wrote: »
    I got email for 5th Jan too, then a recall message shortly after.. what does this mean??

Mine got sent again now. Same as original.

Yes I’ve just noticed mine recalled and resent seems the same. I live in Belfast so it’s a very long drive but I think I’d feel better having a look at it

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

You could be surprised. If your vetting has cleared and they’re struggling to fill the intake you could get called for it.

I’m from the north so my vetting will probably take a bit longer than a month. It was only passed on to vetting last week after I sent further information. Are we not called in order of our OOM anymore like before? Any extra time I could get to prepare would be most helpful so I’m holding on to the hope of after January lol

I rang HRM yesterday to check the status of my vetting. They didn't check my file and said oh vetting takes 6 months. I know they only said that to cover themselves. Just wondering as that email was recalled for the 26th Jan I wonder if that is the date for the next PCT!!! I was at the open day last Saturday and they did say they expect PCT in January! Fingers and toes crossed!

Anyone any idea how big the groups are for the tests?

• Advertisement

Anyone any idea how big the groups are for the tests?

There are 40 if i remember correctly from what they said on Saturday

Thanks for the reply earlier TraLiGurl. I got the same, my fist email was recalled but the got another email for an open day on the 26th.

lealor17 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply earlier TraLiGurl. I got the same, my fist email was recalled but the got another email for an open day on the 26th.

Is yours still the 26th? Mine changed to 5th

Yeah mine is still the 26th.

No I had my open day on 24th Nov so Saturday just gone. I am waiting to hear from HRM regarding my PCT.

I rang HRM yesterday to check the status of my vetting. They didn't check my file and said oh vetting takes 6 months. I know they only said that to cover themselves. Just wondering as that email was recalled for the 26th Jan I wonder if that is the date for the next PCT!!! I was at the open day last Saturday and they did say they expect PCT in January! Fingers and toes crossed!

I think they are right -- there isn't a single person on boards who has claimed their vetting took less than 6 months. If you have a very small family and a very accurate Form B then perhaps you could be an exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Irishman87545

I think they are right -- there isn't a single person on boards who has claimed their vetting took less than 6 months. If you have a very small family and a very accurate Form B then perhaps you could be an exception.

Yeah my vetting took about 4 months maybe less ,and i have a lot of family living abroad .

Yeah my vetting took about 4 months maybe less ,and i have a lot of family living abroad .

Well. I gladly stand corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Irishman87545

Well. I gladly stand corrected.

Yeah but definitely expect a long wait so your not left overly fustrasted ha

• Advertisement

I went through my form with a fine tooth comb! Everyone is from my hometown except my ex husbands brother is in the US which might hold me back. Since i had my interview in Sept then im hoping my vetting will be cleared soon as we are now heading into December. We were told our PCT would be January some time by the guys in Templemore.

Advertisement