Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2018 (Stage 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Only a minute or two, you jump straight into it after taking the notes.

You only get 1 or 2 minutes to write the report??? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

You only get 1 or 2 minutes to write the report??? :eek:[/quote]

No, you get 30 minutes to write the report. After the video scenario has finished it is about 1 or 2 minutes between the end of the video and starting the report itself.

vardy98 wrote: »
    No, you get 30 minutes to write the report. After the video scenario has finished it is about 1 or 2 minutes between the end of the video and starting the report itself.

Ah I see. I took up the other post wrong. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

Ah I see. I took up the other post wrong. Thank you.[/quote]

No bother at all. Best of look with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭5i6blrtngojxwf

job seeker wrote: »
    Hi all, I got a message confirming my place for stage 2. I am wondering. How long after taking notes do you get to write up the actual report??? The career service online material states 30 minutes. But I thought that was a bit long?

30 mins from the end of the note taking :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

I’ve checked over PAS etc and I can’t find anywhere that it mentions a timescale for results for part 2.
    It was mentioned that interviews would likely start in September so surely we would hear at the start of September with one time to prepare ? I’m reslly nervous that I’ve made a mess of stage 2 so the wait is killing me

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Uweir32 wrote: »
    I’ve checked over PAS etc and I can’t find anywhere that it mentions a timescale for results for part 2.
    It was mentioned that interviews would likely start in September so surely we would hear at the start of September with one time to prepare ? I’m reslly nervous that I’ve made a mess of stage 2 so the wait is killing me

You will get at least 3 weeks notice for the interview stage. Stages 1-3 seem to come around within weeks of eachother. Your talking months/years from stage 4- entering the college.
    You may Get used to the waiting around.
    It's a killer but everyone's in the same boat. Try to relax.

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    You will get at least 3 weeks notice for the interview stage. Stages 1-3 seem to come around within weeks of eachother. Your talking months/years from stage 4- entering the college.
    You may Get used to the waiting around.
    It's a killer but everyone's in the same boat. Try to relax.

You hardly know why it's so quick form stage 1 to strage 3? I assumed from stage 1 on wards was a long wait.

You hardly know why it's so quick form stage 1 to strage 3? I assumed from stage 1 on wards was a long wait.

Because it's PAS that deal with stages 1-3 then it's all in the hands of HRM....

Because it's PAS that deal with stages 1-3 then it's all in the hands of HRM....

Ah I see. That makes sense. Thank you..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Job456

Does anyone at stage 2 know when people would be starting in the college if they get through all the stages? Looking on here it seems like some people have been waiting over a year and still haven't entered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

jojomama wrote: »
    I was sat at the back for the report writing and I really could not hear it. The speaker only being at the front is very unfair. I knew that if I wanted to say anything it had to be there and then, I hate complaining though!
    I feel I did really well on everything else and I was absolutely gutted after that. I know there is next year but it means so much and I worked so hard for it and literally so much stress and bad news in my family right now. I really need the boost of moral for me and everyone and the security that comes with the job.
    I'm sure I'm not the only person with other stressful things going on or that this means a lot to. If I don't get it this year though I will keep applying until they freeze recruitment again or I hit 35. Whichever happens first. I know I would be a brilliant Garda I really give a damn about people and love helping people I just need to get to interview to show them that. So frustrating as so close but could be so far

I had the exact same problem, sat at the back and found it very difficult to hear. I'm resigned to the fact I prob missed out this year. Gutted. Probably my last chance too considering my age.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 originalhobo

Job456 wrote: »
    Does anyone at stage 2 know when people would be starting in the college if they get through all the stages? Looking on here it seems like some people have been waiting over a year and still haven't entered

I was told the 2018 batch would be going into Templemore late 2019/early 2020, but others have had different told to them, so can't really be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Oruam

And does anybody know when approximately the medicals will start for those in the first hundreds of the OOM? The sergeant at the presentation has said that the interviews could begin in october, but no idea about the next stages (hoping to get there, of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 peaches18

Anyone who did stage 2 over the last 2 weeks hear anything back?

Hopefully, it could be today if interviews are commenting the week of 17th of September.

Oruam wrote: »
    And does anybody know when approximately the medicals will start for those in the first hundreds of the OOM? The sergeant at the presentation has said that the interviews could begin in october, but no idea about the next stages (hoping to get there, of course)

I think he said September / October interview
    January fitness
    March medical
    Rough estimate

Oruam wrote: »

I think he said September / October interview
    January fitness
    March medical
    Rough estimate
    That'd be great, thank you

peaches18 wrote: »
    Anyone who did stage 2 over the last 2 weeks hear anything back?

Hopefully, it could be today if interviews are commenting the week of 17th of September.

Reading on here everyone seems think we’ve a long wait yet. I’m hoping weekend commencing 3rd September - although today would be nice lol

I am just practising for stage 2 now. My hand literally can't keep up with the audio report. I am writing on my best and I am still falling behind.. :eek:

I am just practising for stage 2 now. My hand literally can't keep up with the audio report. I am writing on my best and I am still falling behind.. :eek:

Did you do a career services course?
    The trick is while the audio is playing you take all information down in short hand, mostly abreveations writing letters like 'F' for female so on, taking extra care when writing phone numbers for accuracy. When the audio stops you have 30 minutes to compile your report from your rough work.

• Advertisement

The trick is while the audio is playing you take all information down in short hand, mostly abreveations writing letters like 'F' for female so on, taking extra care when writing phone numbers for accuracy. When the audio stops you have 30 minutes to compile your report from your rough work.

Your rough work will NOT be marked. So any thing you have on your rough work sheet won't go towards your scoring. It needs to be in your report. You will however have to hand up the rough work at the end, your not allowed to take any paperwork outside the test centre.

Your rough work will NOT be marked. So any thing you have on your rough work sheet won't go towards your scoring. It needs to be in your report. You will however have to hand up the rough work at the end, your not allowed to take any paperwork outside the test centre.

So sorry, I should have stated that I have the C.S. online material.

I guess I just need to write some more abbreviations that I can understand. More practices is needed as well. However, that goes without saying..

Just as a side note. Thanks for all the help, that you're providing FIVE.0. It is very nice to have someone's perspective who has gotten through all the stages in a previous campaign. I am sure everyone else appreciates your assistance as much as I do. :) Thank you.

So sorry, I should have stated that I have the C.S. online material.

I guess I just need to write some more abbreviations that I can understand. More practices is needed as well. However, that goes without saying..

Just as a side note. Thanks for all the help, that you're providing FIVE.0. It is very nice to have someone's perspective who has gotten through all the stages in a previous campaign. I am sure everyone else appreciates your assistance as much as I do. :) Thank you.

You're very welcome. I'm happy to help in any way I can. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 userunkown

I've seen it on this thread before but can't find it again sorry...
    How long can I expect the stage 2 exams to last?
    If I am in at a 12 appointment when can I expect to be finished?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭davinci88

userunkown wrote: »
    I've seen it on this thread before but can't find it again sorry...
    How long can I expect the stage 2 exams to last?
    If I am in at a 12 appointment when can I expect to be finished?
    Thanks

I was in for half 11 and was out by 20 to 3!

Has anyone contacted to see when we’ll get our results for part 2? It’s been good couple weeks now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭5i6blrtngojxwf

Has anyone contacted to see when we’ll get our results for part 2? It’s been good couple weeks now

Last set of results was the last Friday of last month? Probably wishful thinking...

Last set of results was the last Friday of last month? Probably wishful thinking...

I think it’ll be next week myself but I’m just hoping it’s today lol

I rang PAS and they think the stage 2 results will be out Middle next week

• Advertisement

I rang PAS and they think the stage 2 results will be out Middle next week
    Isn't it usually on Friday?

Advertisement