Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2018 (Stage 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,472 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

They told us it would be a fortnight last year, did mine first week in August last year...didnt see results until middle of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Oruam

Strider wrote: »
    They told us it would be a fortnight last year, did mine first week in August last year...didnt see results until middle of September.
    How come? I took it first week in August too last year and got the results on the 28th if I'm not wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 14,472 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Cant remember what the delay was, just checked my PublicJobs page there and got my results 3rd week in September last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Cant remember what the delay was, just checked my PublicJobs page there and got my results 3rd week in September last year.

I got mine 22nd of sept too but got my invitation for the interview on the 29th of sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leheaven

Uweir32 wrote: »
    Has anyone contacted to see when we’ll get our results for part 2? It’s been good couple weeks now

When I was in Dub we were told around the first week of September

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Oruam

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    Cant remember what the delay was, just checked my PublicJobs page there and got my  results 3rd week in September last year.

I got mine 22nd of sept too but got my invitation for the interview on the 29th of sept.
    And when was your interview scheduled?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Oruam wrote: »
    And when was your interview scheduled?

3 weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Does anyone know the pass mark for stage 2 on the report writing? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Job456

Has anyone got any tips for stage 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Anyone whose done stage 2 already at 8.30am know what time you finish up at? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 SilverPenney

Have my stage 2 tomorrow and will be bringing the confirmation mail on my phone (printer chose a great time to break!), those anyone know if that will be an issue?

Have my stage 2 tomorrow and will be bringing the confirmation mail on my phone (printer chose a great time to break!), those anyone know if that will be an issue?

Don’t think it will be. When I was up there I saw one or two people with it on their phones and nothing was said.

Job456 wrote: »
    Has anyone got any tips for stage 2?

Practice similar types of tests, not much else you can do really. Make sure in the interview/ report writing exam that you write notes as you are listening to the video because it goes by so fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Jecz

Hi all,
    This seems to be the post up to date thread on recruitment so hopefully It's ok to ask this question here.

My question is on the upper age limit, it says,

Applicants must be 18 years of age but not yet 35 years of age on midnight of the closing date for the competition. e.g. 6th June 2018, therefore you must have been born between 7th June 1983 and 5th June 2000.

Is the end of the cometition the closing date we had to have applications in by to be considered for stage 2 and onwards or is it the complete process from application to qualification? I I'm due for stage 2 this week but will be 35 soon , with that in mind and people saying college may not be till 2019 or 2020 I would be 36 or 37.

Just want to clarify if it's worth going to stage 2 .

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Job456

Does anyone know if the pass marks are the same as they were for stage one?

Just got message so get checking 😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I passed everything except the job simulation. I think for a lot of people over-thinking these questions is a problem, such a mind-melt.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

Delighted with that. Will have my interview in about 2 weeks so!

Best of luck to the rest of ye checking!

I dropped quite a few places from stage 1 but that was to be expected as I knew I ballsed up the report writing. Was worried I had failed but delighted to be called in the first batch of interviews.

Anyone any idea how to prepare for this?

I’ve passed and I’m invited to book for stage 3, they start on the 17th of this month :O

Good luck guys. Now to prep for next stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 P1nkr0ses

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I think for you guys the worst part is honestly over - the guy at the centre was saying that anyone who makes a real, genuine effort with the interview and shows a strong level of preparation should get through. Good luck to you all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Jecz wrote: »
    Hi all,
    This seems to be the post up to date thread on recruitment so hopefully It's ok to ask this question here.

My question is on the upper age limit, it says,

Applicants must be 18 years of age but not yet 35 years of age on midnight of the closing date for the competition. e.g. 6th June 2018, therefore you must have been born between 7th June 1983 and 5th June 2000.

Is the end of the cometition the closing date we had to have applications in by to be considered for stage 2 and onwards or is it the complete process from application to qualification? I I'm due for stage 2 this week but will be 35 soon , with that in mind and people saying college may not be till 2019 or 2020 I would be 36 or 37.

Just want to clarify if it's worth going to stage 2 .

Thanks all

It's the closing date for applications. You're good and probably not alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Supercron

What was the passing grade for the Reported Writing ? , cause even though I scored very high on the three other tests I won't be asked into the third round because of one test. I would like a re test!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭CZ 453

I passed everything except the job simulation. I think for a lot of people over-thinking these questions is a problem, such a mind-melt.

Does that mean you're out? Can you get another shot at the simulation?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Vital Work

Also got my interview for week starting 17th September, just wondering is any one else not able to book the interview? I think we should be able to book now but the 'my bookings' section is saying I have nothing available to book. Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

I believe you should be able to book it now.

Has anyone got the link for the assessment center scoring of phase 2 ?

• Advertisement

P1nkr0ses wrote: »

I've sent out an appeal about the results cause I think it was close on the report writing.

Advertisement