Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

$40 back a $80 stay on booking.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Stayed on the 29th June and $40 paid to credit card on 5th July. Thanks a million OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Anybody done 2 different bookings on the same credit card and received the discount back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

gustafo wrote: »
    Anybody done 2 different bookings on the same credit card and received the discount back?

Yes received two $40 back for two different stays. Same account and same card.

That's Brilliant

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

I made a few stays recently that I booked using this link.
    They registered in the 'earn rewards' area saying id be paid after the hotel confirmed my stay. Since this evening, they have all disappeared from the earn rewards area. Happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

I made a few stays recently that I booked using this link.
    They registered in the 'earn rewards' area saying id be paid after the hotel confirmed my stay. Since this evening, they have all disappeared from the earn rewards area. Happen to anyone else?

No, they are still there for me. Were these still up and coming reservations or concluded ones ?

No, they are still there for me. Were these still up and coming reservations or concluded ones ?

They are concluded ones.
    Maybe they disappear after they have been paid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

They are concluded ones.
    Maybe they disappear after they have been paid?

Did they pay you ? If so, then I wouldn't worry :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

I just got an email saying "Claim your US$40 reward now that you’re back!Welcome back!
    We hope you enjoyed your trip! Now that you've stayed, it's time to cash in on the reward we promised."
    How do I claim the $40? Or does it just get credited to my bank a/c? I paid in cash for my hotel stay...

• Advertisement

toby2111 wrote: »
    I just got an email saying "Claim your US$40 reward now that you’re back!Welcome back!
    We hope you enjoyed your trip! Now that you've stayed, it's time to cash in on the reward we promised."
    How do I claim the $40? Or does it just get credited to my bank a/c? I paid in cash for my hotel stay...

If you can click the Claim the $40 button on the email it means you need to select which card for the payment to go onto. If you can't click it, it means the card has already been selected and the payment will be on it in 3-5 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

is this deal still available ?Anyone use it lately ?

yabadabado wrote: »

no it's expired.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

yabadabado wrote: »

There's a couple of other ones on the site here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057758439 €75 off €225

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057772949 £40 off £120

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

no it's expired.

I booked using this offer only a few days ago (second time) - haven't stayed for either yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭Daniel112

FYI I tried to use this offer a second time on my account and it only failed AFTER I had stayed and they said "Offer has already been redeemed on this account" so it could only be used once! Still a great deal though :)

• Advertisement

Daniel112 wrote: »
    FYI I tried to use this offer a second time on my account and it only failed AFTER I had stayed and they said "Offer has already been redeemed on this account" so it could only be used once! Still a great deal though :)

i stayed in 3 hotels on the same account

Got the discount after each stay payed back into the same credit card.

i stayed in 3 hotels on the same account

Got the discount after each stay payed back into the same credit card.

Did you receive an email after each stay detailing that you will be credited the 40 USD?

Did you receive an email after each stay detailing that you will be credited the 40 USD?

no email the 35 euro euro was credited back into my credit card around 7 days after each stay.

Hmm that's strange! This is the response I got from support when I queried it.

425155.png

• Advertisement

no email the 35 euro euro was credited back into my credit card around 7 days after each stay.

Same as me. Well I got an email after the first stay but the other stays all just credited to my debit card with no emails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

This worked just fine for me recently. Money was credited to my CC within 2 days of staying at the Hotel, which made for a cheap overnight stay.

Had a booking on Tuesday Night, so will see, haven't heard anything yet and it's not even in my invite and earn section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

gizmo81 wrote:
    Had a booking on Tuesday Night, so will see, haven't heard anything yet and it's not even in my invite and earn section.

Same

Just noticed the offer is back working but now it's $40 back on a minimum spend of $200 instead of $80.

Anyone have a screen shot of the original banner saying $40 of $80? Thanks

Got the email to claim my $40. Says Mastercards (not all) might not work, was gonna use my Revolut card but won't risk it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Guys can this be booked on a tablet or phone or does it have to be a desktop computer thank you

I did my bookings on a tablet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Thanks a million I'll try it now 😉

gizmo81 wrote: »
    Got the email to claim my $40. Says Mastercards (not all) might not work, was gonna use my Revolut card but won't risk it :(

Delighted to report the $40 was just delivered to my Revolut Card. I took the chance of putting it on the Revollut Mastercard though it advised against Mastercards. Very Happy.

THANKS OP :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 ssi250

Delighted to report the $40 was just delivered to my Revolut Card. I took the chance of putting it on the Revollut Mastercard though it advised against Mastercards. Very Happy.

THANKS OP :D

Was this for a stay that was not showing in the invite and earn/rewards section before your stay?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭NoeldeBournaix

Haven't tried booking through this link but green banner appears $40 back minimum spend $80.

www.booking.com/club40

Nearly 3 weeks waiting and still no refund yet. E mailed them Friday so hopefully hear back soon!

GaGa21 wrote: »
    Nearly 3 weeks waiting and still no refund yet. E mailed them Friday so hopefully hear back soon!

Best of luck. I've been waiting on a response for a few weeks now aswell..I since closed my account.. will be using hotels.com going forward out of principle

Received an email from them to say I'm eligible for $25 back and should have it in next 7 days. I thought I had booked the $40. Ah well, better than nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭68508224

Did anyone get paid for two bookings made on just one account? I was able to make two bookings and got the '40 off 80' banner for both. I've received the first 40 but the second booking isn't for 6 months time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

68508224 wrote: »
    Did anyone get paid for two bookings made on just one account? I was able to make two bookings and got the '40 off 80' banner for both. I've received the first 40 but the second booking isn't for 6 months time.

I was in a similar boat to you. It left me make two bookings using the offer. I did the first stay last week - got an email regarding payment, but both bookings have now disappeared from my rewards page. Looks like no dice!

yes i have done 3 bookings on the same account using the same card since the offer came out and i have been paid 3 times about a week after into my card, it was around 35 euro received for each booking.

yes i have done 3 bookings on the same account using the same card since the offer came out and i have been paid 3 times about a week after into my card, it was around 35 euro received for each booking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭68508224

Ah great that's good news. Did they show up in your account as well under rewards? Neither of mine did

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭joebre

Stayed about 10 days ago but no refund yet. Price is greyed out under my booking history.
    2 bookings made. Price is shown in Green. Does this mean they are included in the offer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Finally received EUR 44, eight days after the stay.
    Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

I'll be making a booking soon for €400+.. is this the best offer out at the min for booking.com?

I'll be making a booking soon for €400+.. is this the best offer out at the min for booking.com?

If it's one booking, go for the 75 back on 225. Link in other thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭camz09

Hey guys, I availed of this offer last August and can report back that I got two × 35 euros off my 2 bookings on two different accounts and cards. Delighted with that! My question is, is that it? Can I use the link again if I make another account for a booking in November? If yes, does it have to be with another card from the two I used before? I'm not very good at figuring out their t&c's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

Thanks for the offer link OP, just got $40 off an upcoming weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

Got a 40 EURO refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭oceancat

www.booking.com/club40
    is the above link still working and ok to use?
    are people still getting there refund after they stay?
    what about multiple bookings on the same credit card?
    cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,032 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Gave this a shot this evening.

Hotel for $94 / €80 in London, so could be a very cheap stay.

Hopefully works out as it's the same account as I claimed the €80 off €225 spend on just last month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Currently waiting my 75 euro back off 225, its been 5 days still no sign,
    Just booked a hotel in newry for the christmas shopping withe the 40 back off 80 :D
    Loving this bargain alert

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement