Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Hi Star Lord

We have grey ones in stock at the moment with a big drawer in the end.

Thanks

Bigmickey

Hey Mick, sent a pm on this last night, just wondering if you'd got it? Looking to get our order in as soon as we can, so just wanted to check final few things with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭frazenator

Hi Mick,

New to buying a Mattress, never bought one before. Need to buy one King size and two singles. Was looking at king koil and couple of others online. From my limited research so far I realised there are so many brands and its difficult to choose. I also thought that these might be produced in the same factory with different brands names for the market. Can you please advise who's the best King Koil competitor and what should I buy. I would not like a memory foam only. No known allergys or back pain.

Any advise/recommendation will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

Hi Mick,

In the market for a new king sized bed, but I'm on a strict budget. Looking for a divan base, mattress, and headboard. Do you have anything decent in around the 500 mark?

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Hi Mick , Bought one of those supposed "John Lewis Seconds " ones of you a while back to replace a mattress we had for more than 15 years , Seriously unimpressed with the durability compared to the previous one, Genuinely thinking of getting rid of it..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Hi Mick
    Need a single divan with storage drawers, mattress and headboard for around €350.
    Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

frazenator wrote: »
    Hi Mick,

New to buying a Mattress, never bought one before. Need to buy one King size and two singles. Was looking at king koil and couple of others online. From my limited research so far I realised there are so many brands and its difficult to choose. I also thought that these might be produced in the same factory with different brands names for the market. Can you please advise who's the best King Koil competitor and what should I buy. I would not like a memory foam only. No known allergys or back pain.

Any advise/recommendation will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi

Apologies for late reply

There are many fine brands. Best way to buy a mattress is to go and try them out. It's very difficult to buy a mattress on line even though plenty og customers do that. Can you call to us.

Regards

Bigmickey.ie

RobTheLad wrote: »
    Hi Mick,

In the market for a new king sized bed, but I'm on a strict budget. Looking for a divan base, mattress, and headboard. Do you have anything decent in around the 500 mark?

Rob

Hi

The Vogue ortho set atr 449 euro and can round it off with a matching headboard for 500 euro. Free delivery.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

TimHorton wrote: »
    Hi Mick , Bought one of those supposed "John Lewis Seconds " ones of you a while back to replace a mattress we had for more than 15 years , Seriously unimpressed with the durability compared to the previous one, Genuinely thinking of getting rid of it..

Hi there

PM us your details with date of purchase and all the details and we can have a look for you. We had virtually no complaints about these models for the amount of them we sold but happy to have a look at it for you.

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

TimHorton wrote: »

Same here....very unimpressed with it.....

Hi Mick
    Need a single divan with storage drawers, mattress and headboard for around €350.
    Any suggestions?

Hi

The Vogue Ortho is a big seller . Bed and mattress is 299 euro. Drawers are 40 euro each and matching headboard is 59 euro. Could do all for you 400 euro delivered. It's our biggest seller in that price range.

Bigmickey

• Advertisement

neacy69 wrote: »
    Same here....very unimpressed with it.....

Hi there

How was it at the beginning when you got it ? How long have you it ?

Bigmickey.ie

Hi there

PM us your details with date of purchase and all the details and we can have a look for you. We had virtually no complaints about these models for the amount of them we sold but happy to have a look at it for you.

Bigmickey.ie
    I've PMed Fiona also.....

Hi there

How was it at the beginning when you got it ? How long have you it ?

Bigmickey.ie

Good at first but over time lumps and dips have appeared in the middle and sides despite rotating it every 2-3 weeks. Not very impressive considering its less then 2 years old.

Good at first but over time lumps and dips have appeared in the middle and sides despite rotating it every 2-3 weeks. Not very impressive considering its less then 2 years old.

PM us your details and we will contact you. Am I correct in thinking that you contacted Fiona today for the first time about this ?

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Hi Mick,

Could you recommend a Pocket Sprung double mattress. Budget around €400.

Thanks

PM us your details and we will contact you. Am I correct in thinking that you contacted Fiona today for the first time about this ?

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie
    I have sent a PM to Fiona
    Yes, you are correct. I came into the thread to PM someone about my concerns and coincidentally seen the other message about another customer being unsatisfied.

Hi Mick,

Could you recommend a Pocket Sprung double mattress. Budget around €400.

Thanks

Hi

WE have great value in a Hilton Pocket mattress at the moment for on 349 euro and its filled on both sides.

Regards

Bigmickey.ie

I have sent a PM to Fiona
    Yes, you are correct. I came into the thread to PM someone about my concerns and coincidentally seen the other message about another customer being unsatisfied.

Fiona has responded to you directly.

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

Hi Mick,

Looking at one of these currently as its cheapest i've seen it https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2017242.htm
    would you have something comparable and or in or around same price or better.

Hi davehey79

Have these in all sizes :

https://bigmickey.ie/product/dormeo-avanti-fusion-mattress/

They are on display in our shop.

Thanks

Bigmickey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭boosabum

Hi Mickey,

Looking for an oak dining set. ideally something good and solid with 6 chairs and table of 1.5m which can be extendable if needed.

A chairs & bench option is also of interest too.

Thanks

Hi Boosabum,

Would something like this work for you? You can have chairs and benches as options?

https://bigmickey.ie/product/xenos-1-5m-dining-table/

It is not extendable but you can also get it in a 180cm version.

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭BamesJond

Hi Mick,

Looking to get a new bed over the coming months and would appreciate if you could give me a price to consider.

Looking for a super-king sleigh style frame with a firm mattress. Carrying a bit of weight so looking for something with good support. Would the sleigh style be sturdy enough or would I be better off with the normal divan style?

Would appreciate if you could recommend something in the super-king size range for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭boosabum

Hi Boosabum,

Would something like this work for you? You can have chairs and benches as options?

https://bigmickey.ie/product/xenos-1-5m-dining-table/

It is not extendable but you can also get it in a 180cm version.

Bigmickey

Thanks Mickey, so what would be the cost including 6 chairs.

I'm assuming the chairs and table are good and heavy units.

Also, do you have them in stock now

boosabum wrote: »
    Thanks Mickey, so what would be the cost including 6 chairs.

I'm assuming the chairs and table are good and heavy units.

Also, do you have them in stock now

Hi boosabum,

Yes these are really good, strong quality products. These chairs are €109 per chair; https://bigmickey.ie/product/xenos-dining-chair/

We don't have it in stock but can order it in for you. It is stock with suppliersso it will not take too long to get into stock.

We will do the table and 6 chairs for you for €1100.

Bigmickey

BamesJond wrote: »
    Hi Mick,

Looking to get a new bed over the coming months and would appreciate if you could give me a price to consider.

Looking for a super-king sleigh style frame with a firm mattress. Carrying a bit of weight so looking for something with good support. Would the sleigh style be sturdy enough or would I be better off with the normal divan style?

Would appreciate if you could recommend something in the super-king size range for me!

Hi BamesJond,

Are you looking for a fabric, wooden or leather bed frame? A divan base and headboard generally works out cheaper but it all depends on the style you are looking for.

When you refer to firm, do you mean medium firm, firm or extra firm?

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭BamesJond

Hi BamesJond,

Are you looking for a fabric, wooden or leather bed frame? A divan base and headboard generally works out cheaper but it all depends on the style you are looking for.

When you refer to firm, do you mean medium firm, firm or extra firm?

Bigmickey

Thanks for getting back to me Mick.
    I'd probably avoid a wooden frame if possible. Fabric ideally or leather divan would be fine, if the sleigh style beds are available in this?
    I like the look of the Birlea Colorado Black Bed Frame from your website. Any feedback on this type?

I'd guess firmness would be firm, just something with a bit of support. I probably sound like Goldilocks here :) but would appreciate if you could give me some info on what's available.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

I bought a Sealy foam mattress from you awhile back, could you please tell me what the warranty on them are? Mine has a big dip in the middle.

BamesJond wrote: »
    Thanks for getting back to me Mick.
    I'd probably avoid a wooden frame if possible. Fabric ideally or leather divan would be fine, if the sleigh style beds are available in this?
    I like the look of the Birlea Colorado Black Bed Frame from your website. Any feedback on this type?

I'd guess firmness would be firm, just something with a bit of support. I probably sound like Goldilocks here :) but would appreciate if you could give me some info on what's available.

Hi BamesJond,
    We sell lots of the Colorado Bed Frame but in the grey rather than black. The black has actually been discontinued in the last couple of days and has just been removed from our website. Do you like the look of it in the grey?

If you are looking for quality mattress you should be looking at something pocket sprung as they are the higher quality mattresses and give more support. Our biggest selling mattress in the range is our Diamond, please see link attached; https://bigmickey.ie/product/diamond-2000-natural-pocket-sprung/. It is a medium firm pocket sprung mattress.

However, if you are looking for something firmer than this, our Royale mattress is very popular too; https://bigmickey.ie/product/royale-natural-3000-pocket-sprung/

Big Mickey

• Advertisement

Moyglish wrote: »
    I bought a Sealy foam mattress from you awhile back, could you please tell me what the warranty on them are? Mine has a big dip in the middle.

Hi Moyglish,

Can you please pm us your details and we will have a look at what you got? Do you still have the invoice or date of purchase?

Big Mickey

Advertisement