Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

philboy wrote: »
    Hi BigMickey,
    We have a 14 month old Kaymed instant response gel 2500 5ft mattress which is a rotatable memory foam mattress. This is actually a replacement as the first one sagged so much, so it's actually less than a year old. The sagging is happening again with this one although to a lesser extent. The mattress itself is just far too soft.

We are looking for a medium/firm or firm king size mattress. We don't want memory foam but would like a good quality mattress with good support. The mattress will need to go on a bed frame and not a divan.

What would recommend? Many thanks.

Hi philboy

Our Irish Beds Diamond 2000 is still our biggest seller. It is medium /firm and is twin sided. We have many others also but there are some good posts on the thread about the Diamond 2000. Give me a call and I can go throughit with you. 043 3341895 - 043 3345488- 086 8356888

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭bobgaf

Hi.
    Looking for a small double ( 4 foot ). Wooden bed only, not metal. The finish can be natural wood or painted ( cream maybe ). No end also as the occupant is tall. Must be solid and would prefer a centre bar to support the mattress. Need a hard wearing medium to firm quality mattress to go with the bed.
    Your suggestions appreciated.

bobgaf wrote: »
    Hi.
    Looking for a small double ( 4 foot ). Wooden bed only, not metal. The finish can be natural wood or painted ( cream maybe ). No end also as the occupant is tall. Must be solid and would prefer a centre bar to support the mattress. Need a hard wearing medium to firm quality mattress to go with the bed.
    Your suggestions appreciated.

Hi bobgaf

Would a good quality wooden divan (fabric covered) suit as these are quite strong and would out cheaper. They also don't have an end. Very good quality models for 199 euro. Many of the leading hotels get these from us and they last a long time. If not they there are loads of 4ft frames on our website. Bear in mind that a 4ft frame will take up 4ft 6in of floor space which is the size of a full double bed. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Thanks for the quick response. Not looking for a divan. Looking for "bang-for-buck" and happy to pay for that so if you have a standout model or two that are exceptional, point me in the direction. I'll have a look at the website in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Hi,
    Looking for 2 guest room mattress 4ft 6. Also a kingsize to fit ikea bed for ourselves. Medium to firm.
    Any recommendations? Thanks.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the quick response. Not looking for a divan. Looking for "bang-for-buck" and happy to pay for that so if you have a standout model or two that are exceptional, point me in the direction. I'll have a look at the website in any case.

Hi bobgaf

Have a look at the Ananke on our site. Its a strong frame. That would be worth a look. Give us a call and we will do a deal for you.There will be others also.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

086 8356888

GaGa21 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Looking for 2 guest room mattress 4ft 6. Also a kingsize to fit ikea bed for ourselves. Medium to firm.
    Any recommendations? Thanks.

We always have over 1000 mattresses in stock. We currently have some cheap clearance models from 50 euro each. These would be budget models. What type quality are you looking for ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Hi BigMickey

Looking at getting a double sized Irish Beds Platinum 2000 model mattress. Could you tell me if you have one in stock and what kind of money would i be looking at for it. Cheers

Hi BigMickey

Looking at getting a double sized Irish Beds Platinum 2000 model mattress. Could you tell me if you have one in stock and what kind of money would i be looking at for it. Cheers

HI

Yes we have these in stock. They come in both quilted and tufted models. The quilted is the flat surface and the tufted is the button effect. The price is 649 euro with free delivery. It would be our biggest memory selling mattress in the upper range.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Hi bobgaf

Have a look at the Ananke on our site. Its a strong frame. That would be worth a look. Give us a call and we will do a deal for you.There will be others also.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

086 8356888

Thanks for the suggestion - is it on the site, cannot find it ?
    Does it have a centre support ?
    Any colour options beside natural wood ?
    What mattress would you put with it ?
    Thanks again

• Advertisement

Thanks for the suggestion - is it on the site, cannot find it ?
    Does it have a centre support ?
    Any colour options beside natural wood ?
    What mattress would you put with it ?
    Thanks again

Hi bobgaf

It may be gone off the site as it is coming to an end but we have stock of it. It comes in white and buttermilk post. It also has a middle support bar. You can put any grade of mattress on it.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Hi Mick,

I'm looking for a mattress with medium firmness and pocket sprung in King size. I've seen the John Lewis 5000 and Diamond 2000 on the site. Would I be right in saying the John Lewis would be the better between these 2? (I know better is dependant on what you are looking for, but just in general quality). Also do you have these on display to test in store? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

Hi Mick, cheapest king size divan base? The mattress I had from you a few years ago is still going great.
    Thanks

Hi dave oc

Both are on display in our shop. Both are high quality. It's really a personal choice. The John Lewis is only available in Kingsize with us whereas we have all the sizes in stock in The Diamond 2000.

I may not be able to respond further until Tuesday morning. going on a flight in a few hours so may not have connection.

Regards
    M

tinner777 wrote: »
    Hi Mick, cheapest king size divan base? The mattress I had from you a few years ago is still going great.
    Thanks

150 euro but much better one for 199 euro

Thanks

M

• Registered Users Posts: 36 40wattbulb

Hi Mick

Looking for a single size King Koil Mattress ....anything in stock?

Thanks
    J

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Hi Mick, looking for a good price for a king size headboard. Something in the style of the Adele or Ciara ones on your website.

Thanks

40wattbulb wrote: »
    Hi Mick

Looking for a single size King Koil Mattress ....anything in stock?

Thanks
    J

Hi

Don't stock King Koil but have hundreds of other brands and models. If you let me know what King Koil model you like then I can quote you for something similar. An added bonus of many of our models is that you can turn them unlike some of the KIng Koil which are non turn.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Hi Mick, looking for a good price for a king size headboard. Something in the style of the Adele or Ciara ones on your website.

Thanks

Hi

We have around 2000 headboards in stock most of the time and some starting from 25 euro. The Adele and Ciara are made to order so you can pick the fabric or adjust the height or width. We have some fine Kingsize headboards from as little as 79 euro. The prices for all the custom made headboards are on www.bigmickey.ie

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭mjp

Hi Mick.

Looking at lir 2300 pocket sprung medium firmness mattress in ez living there today. What would you have similar to that?

• Advertisement

mjp wrote: »
    Hi Mick.

Looking at lir 2300 pocket sprung medium firmness mattress in ez living there today. What would you have similar to that?

Hi mjp

I have went on the manufacturer's site and had a look. I have not heard of this mattress before. It's a non turn pillow top. Sometimes there can be issues with pillow top mattresses as they can compress with body weight and not recover. There can be a dip in the mattress and the manufacturer might say that it's a characteristic of the mattress. We don't really stock pillow top models but will order in if someone really requires one but that rarely happens.

Our biggest seller is still the Irish Beds Diamond 2000 pocket twin sided model. It has wool, silk, cashmere and 2000 full pocket springs in it. Price 699 euro delivered or if you want to go higher quality then the Irish Beds President 4500 pocket for 1150 euro. 5 Year Warranty on these. Both are medium feel

You really ned to try before you buy.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Hi Mick,

We've been looking around at mattresses recently, and our favourite from the ones we tried was the Sealy Olympia that we tried in EZ Living, in double. I know you used to do Sealy mattresses, but doesn't seem to be any on your site. Do you still do them, or would you recommend anything comparable?

We'll be moving house in the near future, and would need to get a bed from you too, but these may be slightly staggered, to give us time to fix up the room the bed will be going into, and we've not decided bed type for sure yet.

Star Lord wrote: »
    Hi Mick,

We've been looking around at mattresses recently, and our favourite from the ones we tried was the Sealy Olympia that we tried in EZ Living, in double. I know you used to do Sealy mattresses, but doesn't seem to be any on your site. Do you still do them, or would you recommend anything comparable?

We'll be moving house in the near future, and would need to get a bed from you too, but these may be slightly staggered, to give us time to fix up the room the bed will be going into, and we've not decided bed type for sure yet.

Hi Star Lord

We can still get Sealy but we have more regular lines that have worked very well for us over the last 5 years or so. These models carry a 5 year warranty and we can decide the outcome of any issues ourselves instead of waiting 3 or 4 months for the manufacturer to send someone out to have a look.

The Sealy Olympia seems to be a non turn. Many of the manufacturers only produce non turn models to cut down on costs of to maximise profits. Of the 20 higher end models that we have on our shop floor, 18 of them are twin sided and only 2 are non turn. Even our cheaper range are twin sided. If you are looking for something with Gel then it might be worth having a look at the Crystal 2000. It is one of the non turns though.

We always have over 1000 mattresses in stock so give us a shout when ready and if you want Sealy then I can get for you.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Heiser

Hi where can I try the Irish beds diamond 2000 in Dublin? Don't fancy the drive to and from Longford!

Heiser wrote: »
    Hi where can I try the Irish beds diamond 2000 in Dublin? Don't fancy the drive to and from Longford!

Here

www.dublinbeds.ie

It's a mobile service. They will bring to you if you don't want to come down to lovely Longford. We can arrange it for you and there is about 7 or 8 different mattresses to try in the vehicle.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Hi Star Lord

We can still get Sealy but we have more regular lines that have worked very well for us over the last 5 years or so. These models carry a 5 year warranty and we can decide the outcome of any issues ourselves instead of waiting 3 or 4 months for the manufacturer to send someone out to have a look.

The Sealy Olympia seems to be a non turn. Many of the manufacturers only produce non turn models to cut down on costs of to maximise profits. Of the 20 higher end models that we have on our shop floor, 18 of them are twin sided and only 2 are non turn. Even our cheaper range are twin sided. If you are looking for something with Gel then it might be worth having a look at the Crystal 2000. It is one of the non turns though.

We always have over 1000 mattresses in stock so give us a shout when ready and if you want Sealy then I can get for you.

Thanks

We'll check that out, thanks! Might be worth just taking the spin out to Longford at the weekend!

Star Lord wrote: »
    We'll check that out, thanks! Might be worth just taking the spin out to Longford at the weekend!

If coming from Dublin it's only about 1.15 mins from Lucan if you use the motorway and on a good day so not that far .

Thanks

Bigmickey

Price on a Rite Nite organic cotton 4ft6 Double?

Price on a Rite Nite organic cotton 4ft6 Double?

PM sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭B Rabbit

Huge thanks to Mick for getting us sorted with a bed, mattress, headboard and sheets!

Top quality communication from the get go over WhatsApp to answer any questions we had and find what we were looking for.

Will definitely be back.

Advertisement