Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pocophone F1 - The new flagship killer?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

btj79 wrote: »
    Have you tried using the search within the settings menu and looking for region?

I can change the region. Changing it allows me to open the themes app and see more available themes, but it doesn't make any difference to opening mi account in settings (and you can't download any more themes if you aren't connected to a mi account).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭moonboy52

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭sioda

Anyone recommend tempered glass for the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭eggy81

Howdy. I'm out of contract shortly on an s7 will be looking to change phone and steer clear of Bill pay on the next one. The s7 is showing it's age battery wise at this stage though really it's been a great fone. Probably the best smartfone I've had yet.
    So I'm looking at the pocof1 and the one plus 6t and wondering which one should I go for coming from the s7. Are they both a step up from it or would I be underwhelmed. The oneplus is a gorgeous looking fone I think and seems to have a very high spec but at a higher cost and the poco just seems incredible value and still has it's 3.5 Jack intact.

Any experienced advice would be appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

sioda wrote: »
    Anyone recommend tempered glass for the phone

I got this one from Ferilinso on Amazon (https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07GTLRKQ7/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Only negative was the black border effect is a little heavy for my liking but it was and still is spotless and scratch free, no complaints.

ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

eggy81 wrote: »
    Howdy. I'm out of contract shortly on an s7 will be looking to change phone and steer clear of Bill pay on the next one. The s7 is showing it's age battery wise at this stage though really it's been a great fone. Probably the best smartfone I've had yet.
    So I'm looking at the pocof1 and the one plus 6t and wondering which one should I go for coming from the s7. Are they both a step up from it or would I be underwhelmed. The oneplus is a gorgeous looking fone I think and seems to have a very high spec but at a higher cost and the poco just seems incredible value and still has it's 3.5 Jack intact.

Any experienced advice would be appreciated

I swapped my s7 for the Poco last month and am seriously impressed. Battery is fantastic and is a decent step up performance wise.

Got a decent price from CEX on the old s7 too (€160) with a battery that barely lasted half a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭moonboy52

So what is the story with notifications guys? (icons at the top of the screen)

I think i read on Reddit that they will be added soon or has it happened already?

Thinking about buying the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

For anyone looking for a case I can highly recommend this one - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/c1WftO5w

Cheap as chips but really good quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭sioda

For anyone looking for a case I can highly recommend this one - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/c1WftO5w

Cheap as chips but really good quality

Feic I've the same one but paid 10 for it 😋

I swapped my s7 for the Poco last month and am seriously impressed. Battery is fantastic and is a decent step up performance wise.

Got a decent price from CEX on the old s7 too (€160) with a battery that barely lasted half a day.

Ok sounds like it would suit me down to the ground. If I buy off Amazon do I need to be careful as to which version of it ie region or is 8t by default the right model for Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭roper1664

honda boi wrote: »
    Seem to have gotten the WhatsApp and messaging app to show a notification led.
    A case I ordered from China arrived this morning.
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bgiNqlj6
    I must say it feels fairly good.
    Looks like it could survive a drop!
    Not bad for €2

Took 3 weeks to arrive, and great for the money.

Went ahead and ordered the 128 gb steel blue version off Amazon. Should be here Wednesday.
    Looking forward to seeing what it can do now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Went ahead and ordered the 128 gb steel blue version off Amazon. Should be here Wednesday.
    Looking forward to seeing what it can do now.

Amazon UK?

How much please?

abarkie wrote: »
    Amazon UK?

How much please?

308 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭matchthis

308 euro.

How'd you get it for 308?

matchthis wrote: »
    How'd you get it for 308?

Sorry my mistake. That's the price before vat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

I got it for €314 on amazon. de plus delivery, I think €6, €320 altogether.

Do you have a link? They deliver direct or you have to use parcel motel or something?

If you're talking to me, it was delivered to my home in Ireland, two days I think.

If you're talking to me, it was delivered to my home in Ireland, two days I think.

Perfect, do you have a link to where you bought it?

• Advertisement

matchthis wrote: »
    Perfect, do you have a link to where you bought it?

It is at €334 now. I just googled amazon. de €340 on amazon. UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭chabsey

Has anyone had bluetooth connectivity issues with this phone? The connection to my garmin watch comes and goes whereas with my last phone (oneplus 3) it was rock solid. Maybe overly judicious battery saving? Although I think I've turned that off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭honda boi

I got it for €314 on amazon. de plus delivery, I think €6, €320 altogether.

Is that the 64gb or 128gb version?

Xiaomi pocophone F1 4 G 64 GB Dual SIM BLACK EU https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07GTD2XDF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_9wv8BbF9VV2P0

Found 64gb for €308 delivered from Amazon italy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭honda boi

roper1664 wrote: »
    Took 3 weeks to arrive, and great for the money.

Ye it's a great case. Dropped a few times and the phone still surviving 😋
    Bought a leather flip one and another case from AliExpress to try out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Just got it for 305 from Amazon.it, should arrive by Wednesday!. First phone ive bought since i was 17 (had company phones since but changing jobs now)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 btj79

chabsey wrote: »
    Has anyone had bluetooth connectivity issues with this phone? The connection to my garmin watch comes and goes whereas with my last phone (oneplus 3) it was rock solid. Maybe overly judicious battery saving? Although I think I've turned that off.

I was having some problems but after I updated to MIUI it seemed to fix them. If the watch requires an application to be kept alive at all times I would advise going into recents menu, then log pressing the app and select the lock beside it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭chabsey

Not sure if it's of interest to anyone here but I got mine (128GB version) for 337 euro (316 + delivery). Ordered on a Thursday, got it the next afternoon. Honorbuy....never used them before but very impressed with the speed of delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

Thinking of taking the plunge with this. How are people who have been using it for a while finding it?

Advertisement