Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

Tremendous picking. Unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

I see Zarzal just knocked in a hat trick, good shootin' PC

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭jj mac

Just seen jembatt is going st navan tomorrow 3.05. Back down to 5 furlongs and shane Foley gets the leg up after that abysmal ride from gary carroll last week. Wonder if pc is going in again. Think ill give him another chance with a good jockey booked. Thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

jj mac wrote: »
    Just seen jembatt is going st navan tomorrow 3.05. Back down to 5 furlongs and shane Foley gets the leg up after that abysmal ride from gary carroll last week. Wonder if pc is going in again. Think ill give him another chance with a good jockey booked. Thoughts.

May win but 8s is terrible value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

never been placed at track, 5 runs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

jj mac wrote: »

In fairness lads(I was on btw), Carroll took a risk and the gap didn't appear.
    The manor in which the first few came home suggested the horse probably wouldn't have won regardless but would have placed.
    Had he switched the horse to the outside he definitely would not have won, but would have placed.
    Carroll is a very capable jockey and one misjudgment won't change my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Gregk961 wrote: »
    I see Zarzal just knocked in a hat trick, good shootin' PC

Yeah saw that alright, can't say I backed him any other time I'm happy to ake my money once and leave it.

Wouldn't back Jembatt over five furlongs don't think it's his trip even thought I know he won over it at Tipp last year. The thing that really surprises me is how the handicapper somehow dropped him a pound for it. I'd leave him today and touch wood runs down the field, gets another pound or two and maybe chance him again back at seven.

Sometimes I look at a horse and wonder how the handicapper drops him so much it genuinely beggars belief at times. Quite possibly the best handicapped horse in the country runs tomorrow. I've my reasons for not backing him tomorrow but probably a max bet for next time

I'd say there is a gamble at Goodwood Friday evening. And please god the best trainer in Ireland will have a winner at Leop. Choo choo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Mouse Morris' son has passed away in Argentina due to suspected carbon monoxide poisoning. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

:D
    I'd say there is a gamble at Goodwood Friday evening. And please god the best trainer in Ireland will have a winner at Leop. Choo choo

The train a' leaving?

• Advertisement

jimjamcos wrote: »
    :D

The train a' leaving?

No Jim sorry he wasn't declared. Very possibly one Monday at Roscommon and one next Thursday eve at Leop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

No Jim sorry he wasn't declared. Very possibly one Monday at Roscommon and one next Thursday eve at Leop
    Must be a glutton for punishment :p

Must be a glutton for punishment :p
    Not sure if its the one you like, but Knights Templar for me at Roscommon. Horse has cost me a packet, but its going to be winning very soon.

:)

Keep us posted.

Disaster, was going to be Jembatt but not at that price from that draw. Was hoping Knights Templar wouldn't run here and would instead go to leop Thursday evening I'm leaving both tomorrow. One runs in the third that I'll probably be on next time as long as he doesn't win tomorrow. There was one at the curragh today who will be a max bet next time should come soon he's kept on the go a lot lately. Choo choo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

I understand congratulations are in order, Monsieur Celebre :)

I'm not following you nuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

goldcupfav hasn't posted in ages. Anyone know why? It's a shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Agh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Agh.

AGH Nooooooooooooooooooo!

• Advertisement

Balls. Fair play Francis. He was the one I had for last Friday at leop when I said the best trainer in the country. He won that race two years ago, ****ing raging he won today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

Not sure if its the one you like, but Knights Templar for me at Roscommon. Horse has cost me a packet, but its going to be winning very soon.

great draw in 2 . couldn't resist the ew.
    many thanks

Balls. Fair play Francis. He was the one I had for last Friday at leop when I said the best trainer in the country. He won that race two years ago, ****ing raging he won today.
    That was easy :pac: Haha, well not really. I had backed that horse three times before over the last year, so glad it eventually came good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

When the earliest prices will be up for Leopardstown thursday?

Deco99 wrote: »
    When the earliest prices will be up for Leopardstown thursday?

Tomorrow evening

Please god two absolute max bets within half an hour of each other Saturday at Navan. Choo choo

Please god two absolute max bets within half an hour of each other Saturday at Navan. Choo choo

Keep us posted! 😉

My enthusiasm for one has waned somewhat, but think Danz Gift is a great bet in the 3.20 10/1. Fared much better than the bare result last time out returning from a break and he looks set to strike soon. National Service is feared most if fit, ahead of Little Sweetheart. Have had a good bet at 10/1

Should be one Monday at Sligo too. Choo choo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Free 1 month trial going on RacingUK at the moment if anyone is interested.

Better option than the jumpy streams I usually use - especially with Royal Ascot round the corner.

Just make sure you cancel the payment before the month is over!

• Advertisement

Ran a nice race just thought he looked a little outpaced when switched out finishing well. Touch wood the next one obliges

Ran a nice race just thought he looked a little outpaced when switched out finishing well. Touch wood the next one obliges

Low draw seemed to have the best of it in the sprint races at navan. Dont think the draw helped

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭kalinisi

Definitly to be kept onside I think if he'd of been drawn lower he may have gotten closer

My enthusiasm for one has waned somewhat, but think Danz Gift is a great bet in the 3.20 10/1. Fared much better than the bare result last time out returning from a break and he looks set to strike soon. National Service is feared most if fit, ahead of Little Sweetheart. Have had a good bet at 10/1

Should be one Monday at Sligo too. Choo choo

Any Train today?

Sorry doc just seeing this, he was ballotted out

Sorry doc just seeing this, he was ballotted out

No bother. Will be out again soon hopefully.

• Advertisement

One big time tomorrow at Down Royal. Just hoping that the projected SP is a bit off but this definitely looks a winnable race. Will post once I get a bet on. Choo choo

One big time tomorrow at Down Royal. Just hoping that the projected SP is a bit off but this definitely looks a winnable race. Will post once I get a bet on. Choo choo

Engine started?

Coto in the first at Downroyal by any chance? The listed form this one has shown should be too good for what it faces tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,644 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Standing at the station :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ask Dad by any chance?

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Ask Dad by any chance?

That is the one I thought too

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭gillamandango

I would have thought it was Danz Gift, but price a little skinny @9/2

Sorry lads battery went on the phone didn't get to back it. Just as well he was stuffed anyway. Northern Rocked has a much better chance than his odds suggests tomorrow at gowran 3.45 he's seriously handicapped. 16/1

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mr Ed2011

Sorry lads battery went on the phone didn't get to back it. Just as well he was stuffed anyway. Northern Rocked has a much better chance than his odds suggests tomorrow at gowran 3.45 he's seriously handicapped. 16/1

I have been keeping an eye on Northern Rocked and while I would agree with you that he is seriously well handicapped. I would have serious doubts that tomorrow is the day.

He has won 3 times on the flat and once on the sand at Laytown, all over today’s distance of 7 furlongs off an OR of 79, 79, 88 and 85 runs here off 72.

Leigh Roche has won 3 times on him from 14.
    Looking at his runs over 7F, ridden by Leigh Roche off a rating of 88 or less we get 3 runs 3 wins.

But on these three runs he had blinkers or a visor which are not applied tomorrow, his overall record when not wearing blinkers or visor is 22 runs and just the one win which was at Laytown back in 2010.

Another concern for me is his form at Gowran where he has run on six occasions beaten 11L, 52L, 21L, 8L, 8L and 20L. Admittedly only one of these runs was over 7F off a rating of 79 when 7/2 second favourite, where he was beaten 52L with the Racing Post comment “Northern Rocked was eased down in the straight and finished tailed off. Pat Smullen reported that his mount had become upset in the stalls and never moved well through the race”

For this reason I have my doubts about tomorrow. I was thinking as he is so well handicapped and when the blinkers or visor go back on could be the day to put the betting boots on, perhaps at Galway!
    Appreciate any opinions on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

find it hard to back any Weld horses in June/early July, but he might need a win to get into the 100k race at Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mr Ed2011

find it hard to back any Weld horses in June/early July, but he might need a win to get into the 100k race at Galway.

Northern Rocked appears to be attracting some support this morning from a top price of 16/1 into 12/1 which is the best price available now with SkyBet and as low as 8/1 in a few places. Therefore I will have a small bet on him just in case he clicks today as I cannot ignore how well handicapped he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

Didnt see it but not in 1st 3. Did he run well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Held up in last and never involved, beat a couple home in the end. Looks like a handicap at Galway is the plan.

Friendless before the off. He was ridden very tenderly in the straight he wasn't whipped once and wasn't beaten all that far. Should be more than able to win off the mark he'll get now, about 69 or 70

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I spent €89 a pre pay phone for my wife who was on O2, she got a new Three sim and the sim would not work in the phone. After two hours I established with customer care that my only recourse to being sold a phone that only worked on Three(inspite of ads saying O2 is part of Three) was to return the phone by courier at my expense and she refused to network unlock the phone saying it would take two weeks and it would be quicker to return the phone.

I returned the phone by courier on the 23rd April and heard nothing, I contacted Three about the refund on 4th May and had endless calls and emails with one of your offshore team who could not resolve the issue, as a result I cancelled my direct debit and advised I would not pay my bill until I got my refund. I also noticed I was billed €20 when I bought my own phone, when I previously was with Three I was billed an amount which Three then reversed, this was not the case. It transpires the guy with crap English thought I would need an extra sim card with €20 credit even though I had just bought a bill pay phone, I was on the phone to this muppet for 40 minutes "verifying" my online order which I had placed myself, knowing all my details and he takes it upon himself to order something I did not order online without my authorisation.

In the interim even though I told the guy who was "dealing" with my complaint that I had stopped my direct debit until I received my refunds, 20 days into my complaint nothing was resolved and my phone was disconnected. Finally on the 19th June (2 months later) I got a refund for €89 for the phone and I was told I had ordered the €20 sim card, even though I never ordered or activated and used it, he would not send me transcripts of the phonecall with the muppet and told me I could request them for €6.50 to prove I am right to get €13.50 net back.

Even though they breached financial regulations (which I am going to report) they held on to a consumers refund for more that 14 days, this guy in Bangladesh (or wherever) seems to think Consumer Protections don't apply, they still have not refunded the €20 I never authorised them to debit, they held a credit on an old account for 6 months which was never sent to me, they then have to neck to apply a charge of €3.72 for not paying by direct debit. My intial complaint also included a serious drop in coverage when O2 came over, it worked ok for a bit, I told the guy I was on to on the 8th June I was still not getting 4G or close to it most of the time, surprise, surprise, no response.

Absolute scum, a friend of mine got mis-sold phone insurance so I have taken a case on his behalf to the Financial Services Ombudsman.

Hard to credit, I have been on to Comreg, FSO and soon the Central Bank about these t0ssers

• Advertisement
Advertisement