Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Whatever people think, PP has the best marketing department in the world. If you back Oxlade Chamberlain to score first and Gibbs does they'll pay out

That's hilarious!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭hawaii501

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Whatever people think, PP has the best marketing department in the world. If you back Oxlade Chamberlain to score first and Gibbs does they'll pay out

And a banner over Old Trafford, no wonder they're making record profits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Interesting to see how Liverpool get on. In the previous few seasons it's a game you'd be waiting on them to slip up in after Chelsea lost & City drew but they seem to have really turned a corner this year

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭carmanard

O'Haras finest and tyskie.. What a combo. Watching MOTD half cut, best way to do it

carmanard wrote: »
    O'Haras finest and tyskie.. What a combo. Watching MOTD half cut, best way to do it

As is well documented I think Seamus O'Hara makes Arthur Guinness look like a pansy but Tyskie is a solid effort. Spent about 4 or 5 years drinking it almost exclusively

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭carmanard

As is well documented I think Seamus O'Hara makes Arthur Guinness look like a pansy but Tyskie is a solid effort. Spent about 4 or 5 years drinking it almost exclusively

Haven't had the red or the plain O'Haras in ages, top notch stuff. And still got the Leann Follain to go yet. Tough life

carmanard wrote: »
    Tough life

Indeed. I was at a party earlier, drinking minerals. Poisoned myself with drink Thursday and couldn't face any more tonight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Liverpool can't win the league lads.... Can they? What Rodgers has done this year is incredible.

Liverpool can't win the league lads.... Can they? What Rodgers has done this year is incredible.

Martinez too. If they beat arsenal at home next week they're right in the thick of the race for 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

I think Liverpool will win the league, sadly. Rodgers is a serious operator, has went to huge lengths to embrace all aspects of the club, has no fear of failure whatsoever and with the two big games at home he'll send them out with the mentality that they've nothing to lose. They have the attack to hurt City and Chelsea, just a question of whether they can limit defensive lapses.

• Advertisement

A pro football punter I know now makes City a "strong bet"

He's a pool fan too!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

great movie on rte1 now:D army at war with a town in the deep south 1970

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

A pro football punter I know now makes City a "strong bet"

He's a pool fan too!

No such a thing and anybody that tells you otherwise is either deluded or talking ****, whats his edge? football too low scoring and the markets too efficent to get a edge.

No such a thing and anybody that tells you otherwise is either deluded or talking ****, whats his edge? football too low scoring and the markets too efficent to get a edge.

Incorrect but as you were

He's made a living from it for years, there are a lot of pro football punters out there

Laid Sunderland at 2.1, although I've a feeling I might have jumped the gun & they could go even shorter.

Backing West Ham +0.5 with Pinnacle a slightly better option but I've not passed their KYC checks yet

Laid Sunderland at 2.1, although I've a feeling I might have jumped the gun & they could go even shorter.

Backing West Ham +0.5 with Pinnacle a slightly better option but I've not passed their KYC checks yet

Think the match has nil all written all over it.

kiers47 wrote: »
    Think the match has nil all written all over it.

Sunderland are definitely too short. They've been backed from around 2.5 on betfair, I though they should be around 6/4. A few of the lads reckon a bit bigger again, spread firms goals expectation is a bit lower than typical too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I wouldn't know how to price a football match if I got a kick in the shackles ...:)

Sunderland are definitely too short. They've been backed from around 2.5 on betfair, I though they should be around 6/4. A few of the lads reckon a bit bigger again, spread firms goals expectation is a bit lower than typical too

10/11 seems fair enough on under 2.5. Although these bottom of the table games have been a disaster betting wise for me this year. Most likely I will talk myself into the under though.

Ya 2.1 seems plenty short enough alright. I really don't know who will be scoring for west ham though. Although you could definitely say the same about Sunderland.

• Advertisement

BumperD wrote: »
    I wouldn't know how to price a football match if I got a kick in the shackles ...:)

I'm far from an expert (simply don't have the time to pour over stats enough week in week out any more), but I use a GLM to give me a rough idea

Some of the lads I know and read online are on a difference level though. Say something like "<insert team> are on a good run" and straight away they'll tell you their shots conversion rate on that run is unsustainable and they're over rated as a result :D

Deck me Colonel I felt my head go whizzy just reading the title of that paper.

I've a feeling I might have jumped the gun & they could go even shorter.

2.04 now and that's under pressure on Betfair

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Was going to back Sunderland as I thought they might be a decent price but they are awful short.

Johner wrote: »
    Was going to back Sunderland as I thought they might be a decent price but they are awful short.

It's the usual "they need to win so they're more likely to" crowd. Even though these no truth to it at all

Always happens this time of year, especially when a relegation threatened team plays a middle table, perceived "safe" team

Lads, the football bet of the week is Bayern to win to nil @ 13/8 tomorrow night. They will own the ball against United and despite Rooney bagging a few in the last couple of games, he's the sole threat and they'll handle him easily enough by playing round him while he chases in vain. A free kick or penalty is United's only hope of a goal. With no RVP, no Mata and the lampshade that is Fellani in midfield, it'll be embarrassing. Guardia, like they did the last two seasons, will make sure Bayern are out to settle the tie in the first leg.

jimjamcos wrote: »
    and the lampshade that is Fellani in midfield

Hahaha so true, for a lampshade, he hardly sets the pitch alight. Big let down this season. Baines was right to stay put :)

BumperD wrote: »
    Hahaha so true, for a lampshade, he hardly sets the pitch alight. Big let down this season. Baines was right to stay put :)

For what United paid for him they probably could have got the two Everton FB's. Its hardly been mentioned but out of all his old players, the fact that he broke the bank for him and not Coleman, Baines or Barkley says it all when it comes to his ability to judge talent, sadly. Martinez was playing Barkley and preparing him to Gascoigne after a few games this season..

Good call Colonel.

For once I talked myself out rather than into a bet on one of these games.

• Advertisement

kiers47 wrote: »
    Good call Colonel.

Cheers

As I said I thought Sunderland would be around 6/4. They touched very slight odds on before the game which was idiocy. Happens every year though.

Advertisement