Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Do people have issues with changing your number to vodafone? Are they not a good carrier?

I have been on 3 for years so don't know much about vodafone

RedRochey wrote: »
    Do people have issues with changing your number to vodafone? Are they not a good carrier?

I have been on 3 for years so don't know much about vodafone

They are the best network in the country, and their current PAYG plans are decent. I'd only stay with 3 if you're still on the old PAYG plan where you keep your credit, otherwise you might as well go to Voda.

Basil3 wrote: »
    They are the best network in the country, and their current PAYG plans are decent. I'd only stay with 3 if you're still on the old PAYG plan where you keep your credit, otherwise you might as well go to Voda.

Ya I've been on the same plan since 2012 I'd say when it was Meteor :D

Alright, I'll try to get the eir sim and use that to get the code, is there a risk that vodafone will run out of stock?

nephster wrote: »
    As new people are coming to this thread without reading the previous posts - understandable considering it is now at 130 pages! - here's what I wrote last year, slightly updated:

To get the special offer price you need to move (port) a current number to Vodafone, so that VF think they are getting your business. You can pick a PAYG tariff, but you'll never be using it with that SIM and hence won't be charged. First, you want to get a new non-Voda SIM and number for free, in order to move *that* number to VF, rather than your current one you want to keep. You need that first as providers need to text a code to the porting number to make sure it is yours, and that's what gets you the €100 off.

You should be able to get Eir to send you a new PAYG SIM for free (https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/free-sim-cards/). Another option is Lycamobile - I think this is new, in that before I don't think you could use their SIMs for this offer. Now you definitely can, as I'ved just done that :)

When you receive the new SIM, you don't need to top it up, you only need to receive a text later. You would pop it in your current phone, go and get the offer, and port that new number to VF. As said above, the reason it needs to be contactable at the time is to get a code so that VF know it's you.

You would then just forget about that new number, and never use the VF SIM when it arrives. As the phone is unlocked, you would be able to use your current SIM in it - if it was locked to the seller's network (as most are) you'd have to pay to get it unlocked.

https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/free-sim-cards/ when I'm on this site and number should I use for the Phone number section, my own? will that not switch it to eir?

https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/free-sim-cards/ when I'm on this site and number should I use for the Phone number section, my own? will that not switch it to eir?

It won't cause your number to be ported.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

With the 4a being 389€ the reduced price for the 3a is outstanding value.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Raoul

With the 4a being 389€ the reduced price for the 3a is outstanding value.

Yeah. I'm thinking of going for the pixel 3a now. It's such a big difference

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emclau

i’m currently in holidays in
    Cork and Kerry.. my personal Eir phone is useless - no reception anywhere - using my work Vodafone number everywhere I go for internet...

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Will this phone be locked to vodafone lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

Will this phone be locked to vodafone lads?

no network unlocked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

so €389 for the pixel 4a and €129 for a 3a

3a still works out on this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Damn bargain alerts !!

Just ordered the phone and of course I don't need it.

I'll have fun flashing Graphene OS onto it and having a play around

Are you able to track the order ? Gives error to me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Raoul

How long does it usually take the eir sim to arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Raoul wrote: »
    How long does it usually take the eir sim to arrive?

2-3 working days

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Can I actually use a Lyca mobile SIM to port for this now?

Can I actually use a Lyca mobile SIM to port for this now?

Their terms for the promotions specifically say Lyca is excluded, but someone earlier in the thread said that it worked fine for them with Lyca. No harm in trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Just bought one for my wife (and almost one for myself - I got one when this amazing deal was €179 for the phone! But dropped it two weeks ago and have one crack on the screen, now covered in tempered glass and not spreading. But it is so cheap I'd almost just replace it...) and used a spare Lyca sim. Worked no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Vodafone making you sign up to €20 per month now?

Vodafone making you sign up to €20 per month now?

No. It's been answered several times earlier in the thread. They ask you to choose a €20/month plan, but you don't ever have to pay the 20 euro or use the plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I don't seem to get any confirmation email but I get an order number and the money leaves my account, is that normal?

• Advertisement

griffdaddy wrote: »
    I don't seem to get any confirmation email but I get an order number and the money leaves my account, is that normal?

Yes, anything can happen with Vodafone. Completely normal to get no confirmation email, and the phone to show up the next day.....even if your tracking spits out an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭PreCocious

Basil3 wrote: »
    Yes, anything can happen with Vodafone. Completely normal to get no confirmation email, and the phone to show up the next day.....even if your tracking spits out an error.

I'm in the same boat.

I remember watching this thread at the early stages and seeing all the crap people went through with errors and still I went ahead.

Today's errors included not being able to setup an account and the order tracking not working. Add to that the two versions of the site - shiny front pages and old backend pages.

Still it will give me something to be looking forward to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I wasn't able to register, get an order number or anything. Fails everytime. They keep sending me tokens to register but won't accept any of them. I see a charge on my account, so maybe one will turn up. I suspect they still have an email on file for me from years back. When I try to recover it though they can't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

I ordered and it is saying "Order Completed - Awaiting Pickup - 2020-08-01" .... With the bank holiday I assume I'll get it tomorrow or is that wishful thinking....

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Shpongler

I ordered and it is saying "Order Completed - Awaiting Pickup - 2020-08-01" .... With the bank holiday I assume I'll get it tomorrow or is that wishful thinking....

I ordered one last night and it was awaiting pickup status all day. Just now, the An post tracking number is now working and the status is Order On-Route.

My first attempt on Saturday ended up cancelled for whatever reason, so must chase support for a refund.

I got 2 of these end of last year, great phones. Can't fault them.

Shpongler wrote: »
    I ordered one last night and it was awaiting pickup status all day. Just now, the An post tracking number is now working and the status is Order On-Route.

My first attempt on Saturday ended up cancelled for whatever reason, so must chase support for a refund.

I got 2 of these end of last year, great phones. Can't fault them.
    Mine on the way now too.... Good stuff

Mine on the way now too.... Good stuff

How are you tracking them ? Cant get tracking to work !

How are you tracking them ? Cant get tracking to work !

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=112953716

Track your order

We're sorry, but we're unable to complete your request.

We're sorry, we cannot match the email address you provided with your order. Please review your details, enter your email address and try again. This has been logged as error (DF-TO-01) - which tells us more about the problem.

(UNIQUE_ERROR_CODE : NHLVfqlGQnlNnRBGjXGgp5m8NHVlqJTQGF32Z2LwKnvyHfx

• Advertisement

I just logged in to the vodafone account I made when ordering and go to the "orders" and it shows Tracking 000xyz000, click the number and brings me to An post tracking and parcel is on its way. Still says "Order Completed - Awaiting Pickup - 2020-08-01" on Delivery Status on Vodafone site though so click the tracking if you can log in and that might sort you.

Advertisement