Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

jony_dols wrote: »
    Is it a 100% customs hit-rate on stuff coming in via AddressPal from the States? I’ve got a bit of used electronics that cost around €110, arriving into the US depot from a private eBay seller.

I’ve factored customs into the price, but is it cert that it will be flagged?
    FWIW, I got hit for €18 on a $30 item recently. I understand the delivery charges are factored in, but damn.

Also, not sure how to read this update in terms of fees for redirection to post offices for collection:
    January 2021 Update
    Deliveries:
    From January 1st 2021 deliveries from the UK are changing due to customs.
    When shopping online use your Home Delivery AddressPal virtual address (see below for address examples).
    From this date, your Post Office/Collection Point AddressPal virtual address can no longer be used when importing items.
    However, once the parcel has been processed we will let you know by email or text and you will then have the option to redirect your parcel to any of the following:
    • A Post Office/Collection Point
    • A Parcel Locker
    • A neighbour
    • A safe place
    • Or select an alternative date for delivery

This will apply for UK and USA AddressPal items.
    Payment details:
    From January 1st 2021 payment for all AddressPal items must be taken from a Credit/Debit card that is saved on your AddressPal account. Without a valid card your parcel cannot be delivered. You will only be charged once we process your AddressPal deliveries.
    Note: All UK items will be subject to Revenue customs rules from January 1st 2021.
    If there are customs fees related to your item, you will be contacted with more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

I read elsewhere that items less than 150 euro will be exempt from customs charges. Vat at 23% will be applied but goods ( less than 150 e ) will be exempt from UK vat.
    Can anyone confirm this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

recipio wrote: »
    I read elsewhere that items less than 150 euro will be exempt from customs charges. Vat at 23% will be applied but goods ( less than 150 e ) will be exempt from UK vat.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/importing-vehicles-duty-free-allowances/buying-of-goods-online-for-personal-use/buying-goods-from-outside-the-eu.aspx

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

As has been the case up to now. After July there will be no lower limit for VAT collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

It's far from a 100% hit rate on customs from the US. I've used the NJ hub around 60 times since last year, and I'd say I got hit for customs on no more than 10 of them. The rest never appeared to hit customs, or at least it was never noted in the tracking history.

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »
    As has been the case up to now. After July there will be no lower limit for VAT collection.

You mean the 22 euro lower limit will be abolished ? How can the Government treat the UK differently to other non EU countries or is that across the board ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You mean the 22 euro lower limit will be abolished ? How can the Government treat the UK differently to other non EU countries or is that across the board ?

Its going to be the same for everything outside the EU

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Rewired wrote: »
    Also, not sure how to read this update in terms of fees for redirection to post offices for collection:

After the 1st Jan, all deliveries to the UK address have to be done via the Home Delivery option, and they will cost €6.50: https://addresspal.anpost.ie/pricing-sizing

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

Time to reacquaint myself with PW then.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Rewired wrote: »
    Time to reacquaint myself with PW then.

It wil be interesting to see if PW go the same way ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

bassy wrote: »
    bought a firestick on thursday on amazon.co.uk and it was delivered to the english addresspal adddress today,lets see when it will be in my local P.O.

still waiting on it to turn up at my P.O
    but i do believe there have been delays,some one was saying on here only 2 flights per week out of london.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Mic-12345

Item delivered to Addresspal on October 26th, I have proof of signature/delivery from the UK courier.
    Contacted them on the 30th to see if there was a delay (as i received 3 other addresspal items with no issue) and just got the automated response. Contacted again 8 days ago, again no response (not even automated), another email 3 days ago, no response.

Pretty abysmal, I dont mind the delay, I just want to know if the items ever going to arrive. Otherwise I will consider it lost and re-purchase.

bassy wrote: »
    still waiting on it to turn up at my P.O
    but i do believe there have been delays,some one was saying on here only 2 flights per week out of london.

Landed in P.O this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,842 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Mine took 8 days & arrived with a big yellow sticker saying that the AP number was wrong & this could cause delays.

I checked & the number is correct :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Discodog wrote: »
    Mine took 8 days & arrived with a big yellow sticker saying that the AP number was wrong & this could cause delays.

I checked & the number is correct :confused:

Same sticker is on everything lately.

On a related note charge is going to €6.50 after January 01 2021 so that will change a lot of people's minds I think.

westgolf wrote: »
    Same sticker is on everything lately.

On a related note charge is going to €6.50 after January 01 2021 so that will change a lot of people's minds I think.

I suspect that all mail forwarders will increase their prices & they will be dealing with Customs & Duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Just updating my AddressPal for post-Brexit handling and see that they will be moving from €3.95 to €6.50 come 01 Jan 2021.

Anyone have any idea how Parcel Wizard and Parcel Hotel rates are moving post-Brexit ... OR if they even intend staying in the market cos of the possibility of having to collect VAT and Duties.

Bit disappointed at that hike by AddressPal.... time to look at using the others again

Masala wrote: »
    Just updating my AddressPal for post-Brexit handling and see that they will be moving from €3.95 to €6.50 come 01 Jan 2021.

Anyone have any idea how Parcel Wizard and Parcel Hotel rates are moving post-Brexit ... OR if they even intend staying in the market cos of the possibility of having to collect VAT and Duties.

Bit disappointed at that hike by AddressPal.... time to look at using the others again

no more collections at P.O from january.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 freeflowing

https://addresspal.anpost.ie/how-it-works

You have to use your home address from January 1st.

When parcel is processed you will get a txt and can then decide on post office / home delivery etc...

All transactions will also be paid for by the registered card on your account, no more cash...

In other words if you get a parcel worth say €25, an post will charge their €10 admin fee on top of the customs charge and automatically charge your card, so you don't have to option of leaving the package if you feel its not worth the charges...

https://addresspal.anpost.ie/how-it-works

You have to use your home address from January 1st.

When parcel is processed you will get a txt and can then decide on post office / home delivery etc...

All transactions will also be paid for by the registered card on your account, no more cash...

In other words if you get a parcel worth say €25, an post will charge their €10 admin fee on top of the customs charge and automatically charge your card, so you don't have to option of leaving the package if you feel its not worth the charges...

Don't get it. You can no longer use the Post Office for deliveries but you will get a text to redirect the package to the PO or home address. So you can still pick the package up in the PO ?:confused:

• Advertisement

So you can still pick the package up in the PO ?:confused:

Yep, but it'll cost you €6.50 now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭the hedgeman

Don't get it. You can no longer use the Post Office for deliveries but you will get a text to redirect the package to the PO or home address. So you can still pick the package up in the PO ?:confused:

The post office collection is probably another option if you don't want home delivery.... Home delivery will be default method of delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 17 freeflowing

So would I be right in saying then, if a package comes in for you with a declared value of say €30, the following charges would apply

€6.50 addresspal charge
    €10 an post admin fee for customs
    €4.00 customs/vat charge (at a guess)

Total €21

If the above is correct, it's goodnight AddressPal, no one will use them

So would I be right in saying then, if a package comes in for you with a declared value of say €30, the following charges would apply

€6.50 addresspal charge
    €10 an post admin fee for customs
    €4.00 customs/vat charge (at a guess)

Total €21

If the above is correct, it's goodnight AddressPal, no one will use them

It won't be just AddressPal though, all the couriers will be doing it, especially Parcel Motel/Wizard. More like "goodnight shopping in the UK".

Mod <SNIP>

Unlikely this will work. Customs folk read internet forums too :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 skidibop

Well lads

Tracked parcel arrived at Hatfield depo 4/11 signed for by someone there

Had it sent to my local post office and still no sign, its been 12 days.

In the space of this ive had a parcel sent direct from the uk to ireland arrive in 5 days
    (monday -- friday) just this week

Do you think my addresspal item is lost seeing as theres been no post office delivery for the past 7ish days or do i still ave hope? very worried as its a high ticket item worth £350

skidibop wrote: »
    Well lads

Tracked parcel arrived at Hatfield depo 4/11 signed for by someone there

Had it sent to my local post office and still no sign, its been 12 days.

In the space of this ive had a parcel sent direct from the uk to ireland arrive in 5 days
    (monday -- friday) just this week

Do you think my addresspal item is lost seeing as theres been no post office delivery for the past 7ish days or do i still ave hope? very worried as its a high ticket item worth £350

You need to contact AP.

Spocker wrote: »
    It won't be just AddressPal though, all the couriers will be doing it, especially Parcel Motel/Wizard. More like "goodnight shopping in the UK".

Ebay is the big problem for me. I guess, like with Amazon, we will need to use other Ebay sites.

Just got this email from AnPost

Due to Brexit and customs, from January 1st 2020 there are a number of changes coming to how deliveries are processed for delivery from the UK.

What you need to do:

Delivery address:

Continue to use your AddressPal Home Delivery virtual address when shopping online, ensuring you have up to date credit/debit card details registered on your profile to allow for payment to be processed on your items.

Please ensure to include your name and AddressPal (APW) number to allow us to identify your item.

Customs:

From January 1st 2021, all items coming from the UK will be subject to customs rules. If there are customs fees related to your item, you will be contacted with more information.

For further information on these changes and to check your virtual address and card details, please visit Addresspal.com

Please note our prohibited items list.

Our AddressPal Terms and Conditions are updating to reflect these changes.

Happy Shopping,
    The AddressPal Team

This is a service message. You are receiving this service update because your AddressPal virtual address is still available to use. If you wish to cancel your AddressPal account simply log in to addresspal.com

Unsubscribe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

Just signed up for AddressPal.

It only gave me two address- Home delivery for UK and US.

Doesn't have any address for Parcel Locker / Post office collection.

I understand that form Jan 1st it won't be possible but I thought until then we could avail of that service. Have they already stopped new customers from using the parcel locker/ post office collection service?

• Advertisement

The option is gone I would say. Just had a look at my account and it is only offering home delivery. It is taking so long to deliver at the moment there is probably no point in offering it before Christmas.

Advertisement