Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

august12 wrote: »
    Is there a weight and dimensions limit to this service to Ireland?

There is a link in the very first post on this thread. It gives all the information about the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shelly24

My parcel is in that hub in Heathrow now for 2 days without moving :-( I was so hopeful but now I'm not impressed
    I had another thing delivered to parcel wizard, they got it this morning and I'll have it delivered to my door tomorrow whereas the an post one was delivered to UK Saturday and been in a hub ever since
    Why can dpd process things in a matter of hours and an post leave it for days on end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭the hedgeman

shelly24 wrote: »
    My parcel is in that hub in Heathrow now for 2 days without moving :-( I was so hopeful but now I'm not impressed
    I had another thing delivered to parcel wizard, they got it this morning and I'll have it delivered to my door tomorrow whereas the an post one was delivered to UK Saturday and been in a hub ever since
    Why can dpd process things in a matter of hours and an post leave it for days on end

It could be already in dub but would still show Heathrow on your tracking until its scanned at a postal hub in Dublin.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

shelly24 wrote: »

An earlier post said that AddressPal only have 2 flights per week out of Heathrow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shelly24

whiterebel wrote: »
    An earlier post said that AddressPal only have 2 flights per week out of Heathrow now.

It's been there since 8am Monday morning! Hopefully the tracking is juts slow to update
    My little man might get his birthday present yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

It's so strange to read all the bad reviews of their UK service. I've used their US service loads and its been flawless. Such a weird disconnect.

Were you charged customs and vat every time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,512 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

recipio wrote: »
    Were you charged customs and vat every time ?

Once I got caught for it. I ordered Lego from the US Lego store and was hit with both. It only cost $50ish but I was hit with customs which was a pain (primarily because as small as customs is, there is a €10 processing fee).

Every other time (bar one) I've ordered from Mondo who sell limited edition prints and never been caught. The other was a book and that got through fine.

Now I will say that the Mondo prints have no invoices in them and Addresspal note the customs value as $15 so potentially customs are seeing a print and a $15 declaration and thinking its negligible value (despite being to the contrary). That's my opinion by the way, can't say for certain.

Mod-This is a good time to remind people to read the Charter and stickies, particularly the bit about avoiding customs...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭caviardreams

After the parcel motel price hike I signed up to address pal a few days ago and today got a text saying an address pal delivery had arrived (I haven't ordered/sent anything!) and "if you are expecting a delivery send a description of the package to addresspalsupport@anpost.ie" with an order ref. Seems strange and I am not even sure it is legit - if I had got a delivery somehow, why do you need to email them a description?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

After the parcel motel price hike I signed up to address pal a few days ago and today got a text saying an address pal delivery had arrived (I haven't ordered/sent anything!) and "if you are expecting a delivery send a description of the package to addresspalsupport@anpost.ie" with an order ref. Seems strange and I am not even sure it is legit - if I had got a delivery somehow, why do you need to email them a description?

Are you sure its ' anpost.ie might be one of those that when you move the mouse over it its actually another domain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Its legit. Someone with the same name as you has had a parcel delivered to them but its missing the number.
    They are trying to find out who to send it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭caviardreams

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Its legit. Someone with the same name as you has had a parcel delivered to them but its missing the number.
    They are trying to find out who to send it to.

Thanks! That makes some sense at least - very helpful :-)

Thanks! That makes some sense at least - very helpful :-)

It happens a lot apparently particularly with ebay purchases as the sellers don't always include the AP/APW number on the address label.

Hasn't happened to me as my name is unique so they know its me and not someone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭jony_dols

I had a parcel delivered by USPS Priority (confirmed through tracking) to the NJ depot on Monday around 1PM EST. I haven't received any confirmation of receipt of the parcel by email and there's no update on my AddressPal account. The only way to contact the US depot is via email, so I sent them one to ask them for an update yesterday evening (midday EST)....and no response since.

Mod: <Snip> Is it gone missing? Is it just a waiting game?

jony_dols wrote: »
    I had a parcel delivered by USPS Priority (confirmed through tracking) to the NJ depot on Monday around 1PM EST. I haven't received any confirmation of receipt of the parcel by email and there's no update on my AddressPal account. The only way to contact the US depot is via email, so I sent them one to ask them for an update yesterday evening (midday EST)....and no response since.

Mod:<SNIP> Is it gone missing? Is it just a waiting game?

I had one delivered on Sat and it wasn't processed until Wed morning. On its way now.

Be patient! They are getting screwed with Covid so are no doubt short of staff.

I had one delivered on Sat and it wasn't processed until Wed morning. On its way now.

Be patient! They are getting screwed with Covid so are no doubt short of staff.

Fair enough, good to know that it (probably) hasn't gone MIA!

The last one I got (August) took about a week to clear customs in Dublin. So expect more waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

Is AddressPal the cheapest/only service for getting items from the US or is there anything else? Like the way DPD and Parcel Motel are both available for UK deliveries, it'd be good to know if there's another US option

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭VG31

Is AddressPal the cheapest/only service for getting items from the US or is there anything else? Like the way DPD and Parcel Motel are both available for UK deliveries, it'd be good to know if there's another US option

There's this site. I've no idea what's it's like.

https://www.shipito.com/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

VG31 wrote: »
    There's this site. I've no idea what's it's like.

https://www.shipito.com/en/

Shipito are probably the best of the US shippers IMO. The trouble is that they have two centres - in California and Oregon so everything has to be shipped there first, even if you buy something on the east coast.
    www.stackry.com are located in New Hampshire but I don't think their website is as good.
    Its an expensive business, I only use then if I absolutely can't get the product in Europe. Even then its best to keep the weight below 4 lbs and use USPS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭bassy

bought a firestick on thursday on amazon.co.uk and it was delivered to the english addresspal adddress today,lets see when it will be in my local P.O.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

What's the best way to chase missing packages? I have received one of two items. They were both delivered to the UK site at the exact same time as part of the same delivery. Only one arrived in my post office.

I have been on hold now for 20 minutes. Should I hang up and try email?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭seekers

In general the post seems to be slower than usual even within the country

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭ahbell

I accidentally used the home delivery address rather than the post office address, at least it means I can track my item which has been in Heathrow, and hasn't moved, for over 4 days.

My most recent parcel is still not hit Dublin after 7 days so it looks like 2 weeks+ from AP USA to home delivery in Ireland is standard now.

My most recent parcel is still not hit Dublin after 7 days so it looks like 2 weeks+ from AP USA to home delivery in Ireland is standard now.

It’s been 10 days and mine still hasn’t been processed at AddressPal’s depot. It was delivered by USPS and *poof* nothing. They assured me by (what read like a standard template) email, to wait a few working days

How long did you have to wait before they ‘processed’ it (i.e simply logged it in their system stating that they actually received it)? I’ve ordered €2 items with free shipping from China with better tracking methods.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭seekers

I know that there are less flights in to Ireland as a result of this pandemic so may that might be a factor. I've had a parcel stuck in Portlaoise for the last 2 days and that was only travelling within ireland

It’s been 10 days and mine still hasn’t been processed at AddressPal’s depot. It was delivered by USPS and *poof* nothing. They assured me by (what read like a standard template) email, to wait a few working days

How long did you have to wait before they ‘processed’ it (i.e simply logged it in their system stating that they actually received it)? I’ve ordered €2 items with free shipping from China with better tracking methods.

It took 3 days from it being delivered to them by USPS to it showing up on Addresspal.

It arrived in Dublin late yesterday and apparently went through customs at lightning speed overnight but there has been no other tracking on it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Looks like the UK AP delivery time is min 7 days now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭ahbell

Discodog wrote: »
    Looks like the UK AP delivery time is min 7 days now.

Mine has been in Heathrow since Saturday, hasn't moved. Amazon delivered it to AP on 3rd November.

Advertisement