Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confined Competition for Executive Officer 2018 An Garda Siochana

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

Sue42 wrote: »
    There’s already an EO in our PEMS and there’s another starting Monday. I haven’t heard anything about districts. I’ll have a look at the list on Monday

So two in the same Divisional PEMS store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Sue42

Samjd wrote: »
    So two in the same Divisional PEMS store?

Yup. Exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rush29

There’s already an EO in our PEMS and there’s another starting Monday. I haven’t heard anything about districts. I’ll have a look at the list on Monday

What list can you look at???? Wasn't aware of any list of EO's. Where can it be seen / found?
    Thanks

Rush29 wrote: »
    What list can you look at???? Wasn't aware of any list of EO's. Where can it be seen / found?
    Thanks

It was sent to all Divisional mail boxes on Friday

Anyone know what number has been reached in Dublin as of today. We had 3 start in the District, 2 PAF 1 PEMS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭wicklow girl

from what I've heard they are in the mid 40's in Dublin, open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Sbibii121

from what I've heard they are in the mid 40's in Dublin, open to correction.
    Are you referring to the open EO competition or confined. I was assignee to the AGS and got special AGS clearance in April, still waiting for a start date and location I was oom 6 batch 1.1. Its a long wait. Can I ask what PAF and PEMs stand for?

referring to confined, PEMS is property exhibits management system and PAF is Performance Accountability Framework

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bradyei

any word of any movement on the Sligo panel??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Roxy6

bradyei wrote: »
    any word of any movement on the Sligo panel??

I was number 6 and got offered Sligo GS last week, but they also offered me my other location and I accepted that instead. So they should be calling number 7 very soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 sun cream

Anyone who has been appointed did u get ur new salary yet or have u been advised if your new pay? I was appointed in first batch and I haven't heard anything yet.

sun cream wrote: »
    Anyone who has been appointed did u get ur new salary yet or have u been advised if your new pay? I was appointed in first batch and I haven't heard anything yet.

I’m first batch too and haven’t heard anything....

Promoted as of June 17th, starting on new salary next week.

Promoted as of June 17th, starting on new salary next week.

That's good so they must be moving on it. Hopefully the rest if us will hear soon too.

That's good so they must be moving on it. Hopefully the rest if us will hear soon too.

I got paid as usual last Friday, and not getting paid until next Thursday so keep that in mind!

I got paid as usual last Friday, and not getting paid until next Thursday so keep that in mind!

So I should brace myself and the bank a/c . Haha. Did pay contact you before hand to let you know of your new salary? And also do you go on same point of scale as you were as CO. Or do u know how the pay point is determined? Sorry for all the questions.

They are doing it in alphabetical order, as far as I know they have just finished Donegal so depends on where you are. All the W's will be last.

So I should brace myself and the bank a/c . Haha. Did pay contact you before hand to let you know of your new salary? And also do you go on same point of scale as you were as CO. Or do u know how the pay point is determined? Sorry for all the questions.

As far as I know you will start on Point 1 of the EO scale if your CO pay is lower, if not you’ll start on whatever point on EO scale that would give you a step up in pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Burton

I just finished my 4 year CO probation the week before my appointement to EO and got put to the second scale of the EO ladder.

Started the EO position in Dublin on the 18/06 and got my first EO paycheck last thursday 25/07/19

Any idea where they are on the Dublin List.... So many rumours about people starting and no one appears....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Bally123

Rush29 wrote: »
    Any idea where they are on the Dublin List.... So many rumours about people starting and no one appears....

It looks like there have been a number of people appointed from the external 2018 competition - a lot of them appear to be waiting on clearance from vetting...

Burton wrote: »
    I just finished my 4 year CO probation the week before my appointement to EO and got put to the second scale of the EO ladder.

Started the EO position in Dublin on the 18/06 and got my first EO paycheck last thursday 25/07/19

4 year CO probation???
    Can I ask what point of the CO scale you were on before your promotion. I was at point 4 and started on EO point 1. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Burton

Samjd wrote: »
    4 year CO probation???
    Can I ask what point of the CO scale you were on before your promotion. I was at point 4 and started on EO point 1. Thanks

I typed that wrong. Meant my 4 year increment after probation. I had just finished my 5th year

• Registered Users Posts: 14 derryleigh1

Heard a rumour that the policing authority originally authorised 60/70 EOs for pems and paf, and that number has been reached. lots of vacancies around the country but can't be filled.

Anyone know if there has been any move on the internal list in Dublin .... there seems to have been a fair amount of movement on the External list...

Advertisement