Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confined Competition for Executive Officer 2018 An Garda Siochana

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bookergirl

Burton wrote: »
    I just mentioned this to my HEO that works in my office and she said that was the same wording that was on her EO and HEO contract and that is the wording that HR use for probation.
    Just checked with recently promoted EO in my office, contract was standard and had 1 year probationary period on it, nothing about temporary or acting.
    Think people need to contact the union on this and get clarification asap. I am anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 angelica4545

bookergirl wrote: »
    Just checked with recently promoted EO in my office, contract was standard and had 1 year probationary period on it, nothing about temporary or acting.
    Think people need to contact the union on this and get clarification asap. I am anyway.

I'm not in the union would you mind letting us know any advice you get if possible? No hassle if you can't.

No problem, no word back from union yet will update post if I get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 angelica4545

Was this EO promoted internally or from a different dept?

Was this EO promoted internally or from a different dept?

Promoted on open competition, but all the paperwork came from HR Navan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Bally123

Looking at the circular HQ.063.2018 it does state the conditions of service for promotion on pg 5. Basically you are on probation for 1 year and following probationary review, if successful, you'll be made permanent.

Bally123 wrote: »
    Looking at the circular HQ.063.2018 it does state the conditions of service for promotion on pg 5. Basically you are on probation for 1 year and following probationary review, if successful, you'll be made permanent.

Yes, the circular says 1 year probation however there is no mention of probation on the form of acceptance. just the acting and temporary as mentioned before on the thread.

Yes, the circular says 1 year probation however there is no mention of probation on the form of acceptance. just the acting and temporary as mentioned before on the thread.

True....

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Burton

Does the contrac make reference to the specific H.Q. Circular cause if it does then that's the legal document that it refers to I believe.

Does the contrac make reference to the specific H.Q. Circular cause if it does then that's the legal document that it refers to I believe.

The conditions of service on circular 63/18 states that the candidates will be appointed to an established positions as Executive Officers on a probationer contract for a period of 1 year.
    There is no mention of temporary or acting and no reference to the passage on the directive on the 'Terms of Acceptance'
    p.s still no word from union on this.

• Advertisement

I mean. does the contract that was received state it is in accordance with H.Q. Circular 63/18. Because if it does, then the wording within the H.Q. Directive is binding and their is a legal footing to contest it if there is ever a need to.

I mean. does the contract that was received state it is in accordance with H.Q. Circular 63/18. Because if it does, then the wording within the H.Q. Directive is binding and their is a legal footing to contest it if there is ever a need to.

No, there is no mention of the circular at all.

Ah ok. Yeah I wont be signing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

How did you receive your contract? Through post, home address or work email?

Samjd wrote: »
    How did you receive your contract? Through post, home address or work email?

Email in work

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

Email in work

Is there a reply by date? I’m off for a few days.... Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Anyone know what the story is with time on your flexi clock? Monday doesn't leave a lot of time to use it up if we can't carry it over.

Anyone know what the story is with time on your flexi clock? Monday doesn't leave a lot of time to use it up if we can't carry it over.

You just carry your time with you, the clock is the same for all Garda staff. Make sure to get any leave you're looking for approved before you start in your new section. It may be difficult to get time off if you look for it when you start!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rush29

Anyone know what number has been reached in Dublin..... Last I heard was 45. Are all the jobs PAF & PEMS??? Any info on start dates???

Received my offer in the email today and that I had till Friday to accept it and position starts on Monday the 17th. No sight of contract or anything yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Rush29

Received my offer in the email today and that I had till Friday to accept it and position starts on Monday the 17th. No sight of contract or anything yet.

What number were you?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭babydream

Rush29 wrote: »
    Anyone know what number has been reached in Dublin..... Last I heard was 45. Are all the jobs PAF & PEMS??? Any info on start dates???

My OOM is just below 45 and I haven't been offered a position yet:confused:

Was 17 in the Dublin panel

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Sbibii121

Hi there I'm on the open panel and was assigned AGS. Just seen the term PAF and PEM and wondered what they meant.
    Tia

Just wondering if anyone has heard of any PEMS positions being offered at District level in addition to positions at Divisional level????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Sue42

Sbibii121 wrote: »
    Hi there I'm on the open panel and was assigned AGS. Just seen the term PAF and PEM and wondered what they meant.
    Tia

Performance accountability framework. Property exhibit management

Just wondering if anyone has heard of any PEMS positions being offered at District level in addition to positions at Divisional level????

Nope. A list came out yesterday with people promoted as of Monday and only seen PEMS in Divisional HQ

Sue42 wrote: »
    Nope. A list came out yesterday with people promoted as of Monday and only seen PEMS in Divisional HQ

Only I heard that there was already an EO in the Divisional PEMS store in Tipp and then another one had been appointed to a District starting Monday. I was hoping this would the case in other counties too.….

• Advertisement

Only I heard that there was already an EO in the Divisional PEMS store in Tipp and then another one had been appointed to a District starting Monday. I was hoping this would the case in other counties too.….

There’s already an EO in our PEMS and there’s another starting Monday. I haven’t heard anything about districts. I’ll have a look at the list on Monday

Advertisement