Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confined Competition for Executive Officer 2018 An Garda Siochana

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 honthetown

I know a few that are high up on the panel.

Offered a choice of PAF or PEMS

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bookergirl

Movement today up to at least 14 on Dublin panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 honthetown

Will there be offers today or do Navan have to wait for people that have been offered positions to get back to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭wicklow girl

As far as I am aware they do not move forward until a position is filled. I am open to correction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Sue42

Apparently it’s in the 30s for Dublin now!

• Advertisement

Sue42 wrote: »
    Apparently it’s in the 30s for Dublin now!

Any idea what number has been reached?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Sue42

bookergirl wrote: »
    Any idea what number has been reached?

Not sure, just heard the 30s. Starting to move through them now!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bally123

Has anyone received their start date yet?

Looking at the 17th as far as I know all going well. Any more movement in Dublin yet?

Looking at the 17th as far as I know all going well. Any more movement in Dublin yet?

That's fantastic, roll on the 17th! Just wondering if a replacement for you has been allocated? A lot of stations seem to be slow to release staff until a replacement is found which I suppose is understandable if there's only one or two CO's in the station/section.

• Advertisement

No replacements yet as far as I'm aware, there's going to be huge movement so maybe a new comp

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Burton

Got my offer yesterday (17 in Dublin, I was on leave for a week so only found out about it now) and was told that the contracts will be distributed the start of next week. Commencement date should be the 17/06/19.

Just wondering if any knows if you are the only person in a particular office and the contracts do issue on the 17th, can your superintendent request that you cannot be released until a replacement CO has been allocated to that office?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

Bally123 wrote: »
    Just wondering if any knows if you are the only person in a particular office and the contracts do issue on the 17th, can your superintendent request that you cannot be released until a replacement CO has been allocated to that office?

I’d say there will be a lot of that happening, where I am anyway there’s no backfill arriving anytime soon.
    I presume you can be promoted anyway and only move when your replacement arrives but then I don’t know what happens with training.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 angelica4545

Has anyone here received a contract or seen one. Heard mention of 'acting capacity and 'temporary' on it????

Heard on Friday that paf training will start end of June. Taking everything with a pinch of salt. Gonna be a problem in my place with replacement staff as well.

From reading the other threads, if replacements are coming from the open CO competition,we could all be waiting a while to be released!!! There appears to be people waiting to vetted for 16 to 20 weeks!! Surely HR have considered this and factored it in to the placements...........!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 hellr

Bally123 wrote: »
    From reading the other threads, if replacements are coming from the open CO competition,we could all be waiting a while to be released!!! There appears to be people waiting to vetted for 16 to 20 weeks!! Surely HR have considered this and factored it in to the placements...........!!

From what I have heard they can only hold you for a month from your official letter. They cannot prevent you from being promoted

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Got contract and it is an offer for promotion in an 'acting capacity' and 'the appointment is temporary. Wtf?

Maybe that's how they all show up for the first year while in probation?

• Advertisement

Burton wrote:
    Maybe that's how they all show up for the first year while in probation?

The offer is acting EO. no mention of probationary period at all. And a line that says you can be reverted to CO at any time for any reason. Surely if you sign this contract, they have you over a barrel? I applied for permanent EO not acting and temporary.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭babydream

The offer is acting EO. no mention of probationary period at all. And a line that says you can be reverted to CO at any time for any reason. Surely if you sign this contract, they have you over a barrel? I applied for permanent EO not acting and temporary.

Were you offered PAF or a different position

babydream wrote:

PAF

babydream wrote: »

Has anybody clarified this 'acting position' with HR, don't want to bombard them if someone has?

Has anybody clarified this 'acting position' with HR, don't want to bombard them if someone has?

I got no satisfaction anyway. All the HEOs are in meetings. They just referred me to a HQ circular but if i sign it as is, they can do anything they want in the future and I'd have no leg to stand on. I'd say everybody complain about it because they won't change it unless we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭babydream

I got no satisfaction anyway. All the HEOs are in meetings. They just referred me to a HQ circular but if i sign it as is, they can do anything they want in the future and I'd have no leg to stand on. I'd say everybody complain about it because they won't change it unless we do.

That's just shocking they don't treat the Sergeants this way!!! Has anyone spoke to the union about it? See what there position is?

did they say which circular?

did they say which circular?

63/18. Which makes no mention of acting capacity.

This whole process has been a shambles from the beginning....this 'acting position' is just another curveball...are they trying to put us off taking the promotions???

• Advertisement

I just mentioned this to my HEO that works in my office and she said that was the same wording that was on her EO and HEO contract and that is the wording that HR use for probation.

Advertisement