Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RATE MY TEAM 19/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Aaaaand draft 2 already :pac:

Ryan
    Robbo Digne TAA Dunk
    Salah Siggy Bilva Maddison
    Aguero King

Cheap Bench: Button-Kelly-Hayden-Gallagher

As always on this thread we’d ask of people that are posting their teams that they offer some reasons why they chose some of the players and also offer advice to others.

If you are getting help on your team then it’s only fair others are helped by you in return.

Time to quote this already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,433 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Aaaaand draft 2 already :pac:

Ryan
    Robbo Digne TAA Dunk
    Salah Siggy Bilva Maddison
    Aguero King

Cheap Bench: Button-Kelly-Hayden-Gallagher

Wouldn’t touch Dunk, other than that not a bad effort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,433 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Sticking with the 5-4-1 formation although having read the article below I shouldn’t be doing this, excellent article
    https://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2019/07/08/player-value-and-the-most-efficient-use-of-the-fpl-budget/

Kepa (McGovern)
    TAA/VVD/Robbo/Laporte/Walker
    Sterling/Siggy/Zaha/Perez (Dendoncker)
    Giroud (Long, 4.5m)

Bringing in Giroud has really allowed me to beef up the middle. Think Perez can be a great buy for Leicester. Kepa over Lloris and Walker over Digne are the two decisions in defence

I’d also be worried I’m ignoring Watford, Bournemouth, Burnley altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Green&Red wrote: »
    Sticking with the 5-4-1 formation although having read the article below I shouldn’t be doing this, excellent article
    https://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2019/07/08/player-value-and-the-most-efficient-use-of-the-fpl-budget/

Kepa (McGovern)
    TAA/VVD/Robbo/Laporte/Walker
    Sterling/Siggy/Zaha/Perez (Dendoncker)
    Giroud (Long, 4.5m)

Bringing in Giroud has really allowed me to beef up the middle. Think Perez can be a great buy for Leicester. Kepa over Lloris and Walker over Digne are the two decisions in defence

I’d also be worried I’m ignoring Watford, Bournemouth, Burnley altogether

Great read alright, thanks for sharing. I'm going to try put a team together based on that and will stick it up here later. Be a first for me going with premium defenders and non-premium forwards. But it makes sense with the way the football has evolved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Great read alright, thanks for sharing. I'm going to try put a team together based on that and will stick it up here later. Be a first for me going with premium defenders and non-premium forwards. But it makes sense with the way the football has evolved.

Will be 442 or 352 for me to start with anyway
    Trying to find 5 mids to fit in with a premium striker is tricky though
    So........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I just noticed there is no Free Hit Option!!!! Wow!

km79 wrote: »
    Will be 442 or 352 for me to start with anyway
    Trying to find 5 mids to fit in with a premium striker is tricky though
    So........

I think you'll need to skip the premium striker, I know it feels wrong, but they haven't really been delivering value for money.

First go 352:

Ederson (Button)
    Robertson TAA Digne (Adam Smith, Kelly)
    Sterling Mane Maddison Zaha Brooks
    King Jota (4.5 Xande Silva)

Pretty happy with that, would have liked Siggy in there though, could also go Perez over Maddison.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I just noticed there is no Free Hit Option!!!! Wow!

Can't play free hit in week 1, it's still there don't worry.

• Advertisement

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Can't play free hit in week 1, it's still there don't worry.

Never noticed that last year but yes makes sense. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,600 ✭✭✭Damien360

2nd draft

3-4-3

Ryan (Button)
    Laporte Robertson VVD (Simpson Kelly)
    Mane Rice DeBruyne Fraser (Dendoncker)
    Aguero Jimenez Ings

Brighton are going to be busy at the back so Ryan and Button make sense

Laporte is a better catch than Mendy and I think has less injury. It was Robertson or TAA. VVD is a monster.

Mane instead of Salah as I couldn't afford Salah. I think Rice is going to be this year's Gem. I wanted Sterling but DeBruyne is a decent compromise. Missing last season but should be up there for points. Fraser I had last year and seems to pick a lot of points. Another Gem.

I really want Aguero so I'm sticking with him. Ings is in for Long based on advise here. Likely to be main man for penalties. Can't see him scoring much more than that. Jimenez, I hope continues his form but he was a surprise last year and I had him for the whole season.

Overall 3 Liverpool and 3 Man City. A mix after that.

Any thoughts ?

Or

Draft 3

Laporte to Walker
    Mane to Salah
    Fraser to Zaha

Damien360 wrote: »
    2nd draft

3-4-3

Ryan (Button)
    Aguero Jimenez Ings

Laporte is a better catch than Mendy and I think has less injury. It was Robertson or TAA. VVD is a monster.

Mane instead of Salah as I couldn't afford Salah. I think Rice is going to be this year's Gem. I wanted Sterling but DeBruyne is a decent compromise. Missing last season but should be up there for points. Fraser I had last year and seems to pick a lot of points. Another Gem.

I really want Aguero so I'm sticking with him. Ings is in for Long based on advise here. Likely to be main man for penalties. Can't see him scoring much more than that. Jimenez, I hope continues his form but he was a surprise last year and I had him for the whole season.

Any thoughts ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭macraignil

....and Ings will likely be rotated what with Southampton having loads of attacking options.
    Or

Draft 3

Laporte to Walker
    Mane to Salah
    Fraser to Zaha

Like draft 3 the best as Salah could still be on penalties and the other changes might not cost too much in points potential. Added the quote above as I remember having Ings in my team when I read it and have moved him out since. He still could be a great option at that price but would like to see if he will be playing 90minutes regularly first. Also seen someone questioning how Jimenez may not score as much points this season with it being their second season in the Premier league and also they have a tough run of fixtures to start with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Allison

Laporte VVD Digne Azpi

Fraser Sigurdson Zaha Salah Docoure

Vardy

Button Adams Greenwood Stacey

2nd draft

3-4-3

Ryan (Button)
    Aguero Jimenez Ings

Any thoughts ?

2 non playing subs more than likely
    Dendoncker being the playing sub.And they have a STINK start and Europa and you have Jiminez ?
    Which might be ok
    If you didn’t have Declan Rice as a starter??????
    He offers nothing in FF as a midfielder
    And Ings will be injured soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ryan
    TAA VVD Digne Laporte
    Siggy Salah Sterling Zaha
    Deulofeu King

Button 4.5 tpt 4.0 def 4.5 fwd

Not happy with Ryan, hope the Burnley keeper situation will become clearer. Could downgrade Laporte to a 4.5 and upgrade Ryan but don't see any 4.5 defender I want. The mid speaks for itself, will probably be fairly template. Tielemans/Maddison/Perez instead of Zaha could be done too. Prefer Gerry D to Jota, better fixtures and no Europa. King will no doubt troll us but two decent opening fixtures and can reassess after that. Bench to be decided but will be rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

I see a couple of teams with Rice in them but as has been mentioned he’s basically useless as an FF midfielder, surely Noble for the same price is a far better bet as he takes penalties?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

I see a couple of teams with Rice in them but as has been mentioned he’s basically useless as an FF midfielder, surely Noble for the same price is a far better bet as he takes penalties?

I have Noble in a few draft teams. He was scoring pretty well for his price at the end of last season.

Only thing is that he's likely to be your cheap midfielder anyway, so you're probably as well saving 4.5 and plumping for Dendoncker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Personally I'd put Guendouzi as the best cheap mid. He's a very tidy footballer and intelligent for such a young player. He should improve this season and hopefully he can add an attacking threat to his game. The down side is he plays for Arsenal who are erratic but they will do better than Wolves this season who have the added workload of European football.

• Advertisement

Then I would prob end up going for duffy over Ryan as my 4th defender
    Decent fixtures until gw4 and I will be wildcarding around then
    5ml though .....

Arsenal Wolves and Liverpool in their first 4 GWs. I know their fixtures are much kinder after that, but don't see the love for Burnley at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Asked this in the other thread too and got no bites but what are people's thoughts on Giroud? He's Chelsea's only striker and he's only 7. Surely he's worth a go?

Asked this in the other thread too and got no bites but what are people's thoughts on Giroud? He's Chelsea's only striker and he's only 7. Surely he's worth a go?

He is a firm preseason watch for me
    The main issue is he has NEVER nailed down a first team spot at either arsenal or Chelsea

Arsenal Wolves and Liverpool in their first 4 GWs. I know their fixtures are much kinder after that, but don't see the love for Burnley at the moment.

Rotating keeper

km79 wrote: »

Then I would prob end up going for duffy over Ryan as my 4th defender
    Decent fixtures until gw4 and I will be wildcarding around then
    5ml though .....

Would you go Dunk at 4.5 instead? I'm trying to avoid picking anyone from newly promoted teams straight away. Trying to get a decent structure so can hop on any bandwagons early.

Serious save point potential though!

Would you go Dunk at 4.5 instead? I'm trying to avoid picking anyone from newly promoted teams straight away. Trying to get a decent structure so can hop on any bandwagons early.

No if I’m going for a defender it will be duffy for his goal threat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Serious save point potential though!
    hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Giroud may be Chelseas only striker in the game atm but surely Abraham and Batman are available to them? They should both be looking to stake a claim for first choice striker in pre season.

• Advertisement

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Giroud may be Chelseas only striker in the game atm but surely Abraham and Batman are available to them? They should both be looking to stake a claim for first choice striker in pre season.

Yes I thought Abraham was staying put myself

Batman started and scored..........
    Kenedy set it up !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Ryan
    Laporte - Robertson - Digne
    Mane - BSilva - Siggy - Perez
    Firmino - Vardy - King

Button - Kelly - Diop - Dendoncker

3 pool coverage - Not totally sold on firmino
    no sterling / downgraded to bsilva to upgrade elsewhere
    could drop laporte to walker to free up 0.5 to spend elsewhere - maybe heaton as rotating keeper / perez to zaha
    Everton and Bournemouth coverage for their good openings
    Double leicester as well...hmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭nullObjects

First go:

Ederson (4.0)
    Robertson - TAA - Laporte - Dunk (Lascelles)
    Salah - Zaha - Perez - Sterling (Dendoncker)
    Jota - King (4.5)

Wanted to pick premium defenders + keeper so I could pretty much just set and forget the back 5 and not worry about the fixtures.
    Salah and Sterling for the captaincy for most weeks.

Even if Zaha doesn't end up at Arsenal I think I'll keep him in.
    Might swap Sterling to KDB and get Digne / Coleman instead of Dunk or else upgrade Perez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Despite my best intentions, the tinkering has started –

Here’s my preliminary troops

Ryan | Button

Digne | VVD | Laporte | Robertson | Rico

Fraser | Salah | Siggy | Lucas Moura | Dendoncker

Chicarito | Vardy | King

Will be aiming for a reasonably flexible formation – switching between 442 and 443 depending on fixtures.

*Keepers – will probably go with the Brighton duo and hope for save points; Lloris was my other main option but think the money can be better spent elsewhere

*Defence – standard FPL template really; Robertson gets the nod ahead of TAA as more nailed on imho. Rico will be perma 3rd sub – if he ever makes my team something has gone drastically wrong.

*Midfield
    – Salah and Siggy and possibly Fraser definites at this stage for me. Dendoncker will probably stay as 5th choice either way and should be a viable option if needed as 2nd sub. Not 100% on Moura at all really, will see how Spurs are shaping up in pre-season. Zaha is an alternative pending where his head is at, and may look at Pulisic also. A Chelsea fan here at work has bigged him up but possibly too many unknowns at Chelsea early doors (??)

*Strikers – Vardy is a dead cert for me, the other places are up for grabs still really. Arnie leaving and Chicarito getting the No.9 jersey makes him appealing; I have a mixed history with King…and not overly happy with a Bournmouth attacking double up as they can be so flaky. Benteke might be a punt if he has a good pre-season, and possibly a Chelsea striker – no sign of Batshuayi in the game yet (??)

Anyway, will try to leave it alone for a week or two now – all feedback welcome

I like it Cartman
    Similar to my thinking at moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,343 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i like it, and i've looked at similar, but i can't shake the idea that I need a City attacker.

premium defence, plus Salah/Mane and Vardy is making it tricky though.

I just can't see past Salah/Sterling captaincy rotation

GW1-GW11

NOR/sou/bou/BHA/NEW/WAT/shu/WOL/cry/AVL/avl

Managed to squeeze Vardy in but meant sacrificing Siggy and Laporte...not sure if I'm happy losing those two

Pope (Button)
    VVD TAA Digne (Rico Kelly)
    Tielemans Zaha Sterling Salah (Dendoncker)
    Vardy King Chicharito

Bench is dreadful though so this 11 might be a non runner.

I don’t like it Cartman.

I don’t like weekly choices re starting 11 and I don’t like the idea of benching 6.0m (minimum) every week.

It’s one formation only for me and obviously change that formation if my FT’s dictate change.

Also looks like a hit waiting to happen if you need to raise funds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Screw Attack

Did a rough draft:

GKs: Ederson, Matthew Ryan

DEF: Matt Doherty, van Dijk, Lucas Digne, Max Aarons, El Mohamady

MID: Ayoze Perez, Bernardo Silva, Mane, Zaha, Nathan Redmond

FW: Lazazette, Shane Long, Deulofeu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭skippy15

Did a rough draft:

GKs: Ederson, Matthew Ryan

DEF: Matt Doherty, van Dijk, Lucas Digne, Max Aarons, El Mohamady

MID: Ayoze Perez, Bernardo Silva, Mane, Zaha, Nathan Redmond

FW: Lazazette, Shane Long, Deulofeu
    Where is your money gone and not even a decent c option possibly mane, or formation money to spread. Lot of maybes so not worth the risk early doors for your front 8 zaha yes and even mane may be a late starter,

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Pope - Heaton
    Aarons - Dunk - Janmaat - Diop - PVA
    Salah - KDB - Siggy - Zaha - Dendonker
    Kane - King - Rashford

Goalkeepers:

Heaton and Pope - working under the assumption that Heaton moves to Villa and Pope is first choice. Two 4.5 rotating keepers is my staple. Burnley and Villa seem solid teams to choose

Defenders:

4 x 4.5 is another early staple and a more luxurious option in PVA at 5.5...Palace have nice fixtures to start with. Aarons could be in my team for the season from Norwich, and the other 4.5 options could become any other variations but Dunk seems set too. I know there's no REALLY expensive Liverpool defender!

Midfielders:

Salah - obviously! Mane being only 1.0 cheaper isn't tempting enough. KDB - compared to Sterling, he's a nice price, if not explosive at the price range. Siggy - good fixtures and penalites, and Richy only finished at the Copa. Zaha - back as a midfielder and 7m is a nice price. Dendonker is the current 4.5 fodder of choice.

Forwards:

Kane should hopefully have a solid pre-season behind him, and perhaps fresh. Penalties and hoping the August hoodoo isn't a thing anymore. King is a lovely price, decent fixtures and surely starts, perhaps penalties. Rashford - far from convinced but a current placeholder at 8.5

Set for another few weeks and I'll revisit!

Draft 4

Ryan (Button)
    Walker Robertson VVD (Simpson Kelly)
    Salah Dedonker Sterling Zaha (Hayden)
    Auguro Long King

Happy with keepers and full backs. If last season is anything to go by, that’s where the points were
    Managed to get salah and sterling in mid. Not so sure about the rest
    Augero I want, Long not so happy (can’t find another cheap option) and King not sure. He did nothing last season but lots of points season before

Robertson, VVD, Salah, Sterling and Augero in one team but not much balance after that. Subs are hard to pick but I never used them last season. Playing 3-4-3 for now.

Any thoughts ?

Pope - Heaton
    Kane - King - Rashford

Goalkeepers:

Heaton and Pope - working under the assumption that Heaton moves to Villa and Pope is first choice. Two 4.5 rotating keepers is my staple. Burnley and Villa seem solid teams to choose

Defenders:

4 x 4.5 is another early staple and a more luxurious option in PVA at 5.5...Palace have nice fixtures to start with. Aarons could be in my team for the season from Norwich, and the other 4.5 options could become any other variations but Dunk seems set too. I know there's no REALLY expensive Liverpool defender!

Midfielders:

Salah - obviously! Mane being only 1.0 cheaper isn't tempting enough. KDB - compared to Sterling, he's a nice price, if not explosive at the price range. Siggy - good fixtures and penalites, and Richy only finished at the Copa. Zaha - back as a midfielder and 7m is a nice price. Dendonker is the current 4.5 fodder of choice.

Forwards:

Kane should hopefully have a solid pre-season behind him, and perhaps fresh. Penalties and hoping the August hoodoo isn't a thing anymore. King is a lovely price, decent fixtures and surely starts, perhaps penalties. Rashford - far from convinced but a current placeholder at 8.5

I like this, however I think you should ditch Rashford & go with Robertson/TAA or Vvd for one of your 4.5m defenders. You will also be able to get a 6mil forward then. However what I done was got a 4.5m forward, used the 1.5m & got another premium defender. So it’s 2 premium defenders instead of Rashford.

I like this, however I think you should ditch Rashford & go with Robertson/TAA or Vvd for one of your 4.5m defenders. You will also be able to get a 6mil forward then. However what I done was got a 4.5m forward, used the 1.5m & got another premium defender. So it’s 2 premium defenders instead of Rashford.

My team is

Heaton (Button)

Robertson Laporte Digne Aarons (4mil)

Salah KDB Siggy Milo (4.5m)

Kane King (4.5m)

All pen takers attacking (exception of KDB) & attacking full back threats ( I had Zinchenko over Laporte)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Yeah, I'm not at all sold on Rashford, although I could easily see myself downgrading PVA to a 5th 4.5 defender and upgrading to a 9.5 forward. Jesus played well at the Copa and could be good value this year, although not to start the season I would imagine.

I'm a 3-4-3 man, and I'd be uncomfortable moving away from that to begin a season. I feel like there's never too many clean sheets at the start of a season, so it depends on whether the fullbacks start like they did last season?
    My team is

Heaton (Button)

Robertson Laporte Digne Aarons (4mil)

Salah KDB Siggy Milo (4.5m)

Kane King (4.5m)

All pen takers attacking (exception of KDB) & attacking full back threats ( I had Zinchenko over Laporte)

We're pretty similar aside from the defence it seems, I'd rather the illusion of goals up front rather than at the back, but I'd be surprised if my team changed too much before the season starts.

Depends on the likes of Aguero really?

Pope - Heaton
    Kane - King - Rashford

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:

Midfielders:

Forwards:

Solid team with some nice, classic, differentials. Just one change I'd make - Rashford to Vardy and one of your 4.5 defs to a 4.0 to make way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

First time attempting to put a team together have landed on

Schmeichel (woodman)

Taa Coleman aarons Stephens cathcart

Salah kdb sterling zaha Anderson

Dcl king (gallagher)

Quite torn on 2 4.5 keepers or a 5.0 and a 4.0 I don't like rotating keepers generally.

Not comfortable spending over 30m on defenders it just goes against what I feel id hate to be sitting watching for example Liverpool vs city and hoping it's 0-0 just doesn't sit right with me. Thinking is that the 3 4.5s can rotate there is a bit of wiggle room there may get chilwell instead of Coleman if changing keepers. Fredericks from west ham is on the radar too for a 4.5.

Heavy hitting midfield but I'm ok with that can do a few variations depending on pre season few decent options at 5.5 I think so an easy downgrade to upgrade elsewhere.

Fairly budget forward line I like dcl if he can keep his spot king is a placeholder for the moment and Gallagher is fodder. Very tempted to mess with the midfield to get kane in for king.

Obviously at this stage its nearly a waste of time as pre season is gonna change so much but it's a starting point nonetheless

Yeah, I'm not at all sold on Rashford, although I could easily see myself downgrading PVA to a 5th 4.5 defender and upgrading to a 9.5 forward. Jesus played well at the Copa and could be good value this year, although not to start the season I would imagine.

I'm a 3-4-3 man, and I'd be uncomfortable moving away from that to begin a season. I feel like there's never too many clean sheets at the start of a season, so it depends on whether the fullbacks start like they did last season?

We're pretty similar aside from the defence it seems, I'd rather the illusion of goals up front rather than at the back, but I'd be surprised if my team changed too much before the season starts.

I have always been a 3-4-3 man myself but looking at last season anyway, premium defenders where scoring better than budget priced strikers in the 1st half of the season. All of the strikers Jimenez, Vardy et al.. all took time taking off and I feel it will be similar enough. I have Kane to cover any premium attacker but I think Kane is mainstay & will hit the ground running. King is a pen taker, Bournemouth have decent fixtures and I could easily swing to another budget striker if needed.

The premium premium defenders are worth having as they outscore the budget strikers but you can't have too many as not all do. It is a balancing act and thats why Im not putting all eggs in one basket early stages

To back up Chestys point, this is worth a read on 343:

https://twitter.com/roneildinho/status/1145983645208981504

It was preavouly linked by another posted.

I was always a 343 man too, this will be the first season I'll go premium at the back and only 2 mid range up front.

• Advertisement
Advertisement