Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATE MY TEAM 19/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

Did a rough draft:

GKs: Ederson, Matthew Ryan

DEF: Matt Doherty, van Dijk, Lucas Digne, Max Aarons, El Mohamady

MID: Ayoze Perez, Bernardo Silva, Mane, Zaha, Nathan Redmond

FW: Lazazette, Shane Long, Deulofeu
    Where is your money gone and not even a decent c option possibly mane, or formation money to spread. Lot of maybes so not worth the risk early doors for your front 8 zaha yes and even mane may be a late starter,

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Pope - Heaton
    Aarons - Dunk - Janmaat - Diop - PVA
    Salah - KDB - Siggy - Zaha - Dendonker
    Kane - King - Rashford

Goalkeepers:

Heaton and Pope - working under the assumption that Heaton moves to Villa and Pope is first choice. Two 4.5 rotating keepers is my staple. Burnley and Villa seem solid teams to choose

Defenders:

4 x 4.5 is another early staple and a more luxurious option in PVA at 5.5...Palace have nice fixtures to start with. Aarons could be in my team for the season from Norwich, and the other 4.5 options could become any other variations but Dunk seems set too. I know there's no REALLY expensive Liverpool defender!

Midfielders:

Salah - obviously! Mane being only 1.0 cheaper isn't tempting enough. KDB - compared to Sterling, he's a nice price, if not explosive at the price range. Siggy - good fixtures and penalites, and Richy only finished at the Copa. Zaha - back as a midfielder and 7m is a nice price. Dendonker is the current 4.5 fodder of choice.

Forwards:

Kane should hopefully have a solid pre-season behind him, and perhaps fresh. Penalties and hoping the August hoodoo isn't a thing anymore. King is a lovely price, decent fixtures and surely starts, perhaps penalties. Rashford - far from convinced but a current placeholder at 8.5

Set for another few weeks and I'll revisit!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Damien360

Draft 4

Ryan (Button)
    Walker Robertson VVD (Simpson Kelly)
    Salah Dedonker Sterling Zaha (Hayden)
    Auguro Long King

Happy with keepers and full backs. If last season is anything to go by, that’s where the points were
    Managed to get salah and sterling in mid. Not so sure about the rest
    Augero I want, Long not so happy (can’t find another cheap option) and King not sure. He did nothing last season but lots of points season before

Robertson, VVD, Salah, Sterling and Augero in one team but not much balance after that. Subs are hard to pick but I never used them last season. Playing 3-4-3 for now.

Any thoughts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Pope - Heaton
    Kane - King - Rashford

Goalkeepers:

Heaton and Pope - working under the assumption that Heaton moves to Villa and Pope is first choice. Two 4.5 rotating keepers is my staple. Burnley and Villa seem solid teams to choose

Defenders:

4 x 4.5 is another early staple and a more luxurious option in PVA at 5.5...Palace have nice fixtures to start with. Aarons could be in my team for the season from Norwich, and the other 4.5 options could become any other variations but Dunk seems set too. I know there's no REALLY expensive Liverpool defender!

Midfielders:

Salah - obviously! Mane being only 1.0 cheaper isn't tempting enough. KDB - compared to Sterling, he's a nice price, if not explosive at the price range. Siggy - good fixtures and penalites, and Richy only finished at the Copa. Zaha - back as a midfielder and 7m is a nice price. Dendonker is the current 4.5 fodder of choice.

Forwards:

Kane should hopefully have a solid pre-season behind him, and perhaps fresh. Penalties and hoping the August hoodoo isn't a thing anymore. King is a lovely price, decent fixtures and surely starts, perhaps penalties. Rashford - far from convinced but a current placeholder at 8.5

I like this, however I think you should ditch Rashford & go with Robertson/TAA or Vvd for one of your 4.5m defenders. You will also be able to get a 6mil forward then. However what I done was got a 4.5m forward, used the 1.5m & got another premium defender. So it’s 2 premium defenders instead of Rashford.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I like this, however I think you should ditch Rashford & go with Robertson/TAA or Vvd for one of your 4.5m defenders. You will also be able to get a 6mil forward then. However what I done was got a 4.5m forward, used the 1.5m & got another premium defender. So it’s 2 premium defenders instead of Rashford.

My team is

Heaton (Button)

Robertson Laporte Digne Aarons (4mil)

Salah KDB Siggy Milo (4.5m)

Kane King (4.5m)

All pen takers attacking (exception of KDB) & attacking full back threats ( I had Zinchenko over Laporte)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Yeah, I'm not at all sold on Rashford, although I could easily see myself downgrading PVA to a 5th 4.5 defender and upgrading to a 9.5 forward. Jesus played well at the Copa and could be good value this year, although not to start the season I would imagine.

I'm a 3-4-3 man, and I'd be uncomfortable moving away from that to begin a season. I feel like there's never too many clean sheets at the start of a season, so it depends on whether the fullbacks start like they did last season?
    My team is

Heaton (Button)

Robertson Laporte Digne Aarons (4mil)

Salah KDB Siggy Milo (4.5m)

Kane King (4.5m)

All pen takers attacking (exception of KDB) & attacking full back threats ( I had Zinchenko over Laporte)

We're pretty similar aside from the defence it seems, I'd rather the illusion of goals up front rather than at the back, but I'd be surprised if my team changed too much before the season starts.

Depends on the likes of Aguero really?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Pope - Heaton
    Kane - King - Rashford

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:

Midfielders:

Forwards:

Solid team with some nice, classic, differentials. Just one change I'd make - Rashford to Vardy and one of your 4.5 defs to a 4.0 to make way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

First time attempting to put a team together have landed on

Schmeichel (woodman)

Taa Coleman aarons Stephens cathcart

Salah kdb sterling zaha Anderson

Dcl king (gallagher)

Quite torn on 2 4.5 keepers or a 5.0 and a 4.0 I don't like rotating keepers generally.

Not comfortable spending over 30m on defenders it just goes against what I feel id hate to be sitting watching for example Liverpool vs city and hoping it's 0-0 just doesn't sit right with me. Thinking is that the 3 4.5s can rotate there is a bit of wiggle room there may get chilwell instead of Coleman if changing keepers. Fredericks from west ham is on the radar too for a 4.5.

Heavy hitting midfield but I'm ok with that can do a few variations depending on pre season few decent options at 5.5 I think so an easy downgrade to upgrade elsewhere.

Fairly budget forward line I like dcl if he can keep his spot king is a placeholder for the moment and Gallagher is fodder. Very tempted to mess with the midfield to get kane in for king.

Obviously at this stage its nearly a waste of time as pre season is gonna change so much but it's a starting point nonetheless

Yeah, I'm not at all sold on Rashford, although I could easily see myself downgrading PVA to a 5th 4.5 defender and upgrading to a 9.5 forward. Jesus played well at the Copa and could be good value this year, although not to start the season I would imagine.

I'm a 3-4-3 man, and I'd be uncomfortable moving away from that to begin a season. I feel like there's never too many clean sheets at the start of a season, so it depends on whether the fullbacks start like they did last season?

We're pretty similar aside from the defence it seems, I'd rather the illusion of goals up front rather than at the back, but I'd be surprised if my team changed too much before the season starts.

I have always been a 3-4-3 man myself but looking at last season anyway, premium defenders where scoring better than budget priced strikers in the 1st half of the season. All of the strikers Jimenez, Vardy et al.. all took time taking off and I feel it will be similar enough. I have Kane to cover any premium attacker but I think Kane is mainstay & will hit the ground running. King is a pen taker, Bournemouth have decent fixtures and I could easily swing to another budget striker if needed.

The premium premium defenders are worth having as they outscore the budget strikers but you can't have too many as not all do. It is a balancing act and thats why Im not putting all eggs in one basket early stages

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

To back up Chestys point, this is worth a read on 343:

https://twitter.com/roneildinho/status/1145983645208981504

It was preavouly linked by another posted.

I was always a 343 man too, this will be the first season I'll go premium at the back and only 2 mid range up front.

• Advertisement

I've managed to fit TAA, Robbo, Sterling, Salah and Kane into my team, but it means playing one of Kelly/Mendy (LEI)/Dendoncker/Greenwood every week. I might actually chance it for first few GWs, given I'll prob WC early. It's essentially that or KdB and Maddison, but I like how Sterling is more explosive.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭bodking

Here is my first crack .

Alisson/Leno

I'm Setting and forgetting Alisson , I have Leno just in case Alisson don't start . If he does Leno will go to someone cheaper .

Coleman/Ake/VVD/Morgan/Targett

Morgan comes in for Coleman GW7
    Targett for Ake GW3 and GW8
    VVD S&F

Siggy/Salah/Fraser/Pereyra/Perez

Rashford/Wilson/DC-Lewin

Siggy/Salah/Wilson S&F
    The rest are rotation.

I'm looking at WC GW 6 ISH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

It's Friday night I'd love a beer and to be able make two free transfers and still end up with a 4 point hit,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭ciano1

Any good? :D

ciano1 wrote: »

Nice team! I'm personally not a fan of double City defence. Could save 1.5m from Ederson/Laporte and upgrade one of your strikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

ciano1 wrote: »

It's very nice. I'd personally probably downgrade Zaha to Perez or Tielemans, and upgrade DCL to Jota or Pukki. A lot of quality in there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Toyed around a bit with this, still not fully convinced though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,701 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Amy opinions

Kepa

Digne Laporte vvd

Salah zaha sigurdson Fraser

Adams Vardy king

Button diop Smith docoure

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Amy opinions

Kepa

Digne Laporte vvd

Salah zaha sigurdson Fraser

Adams Vardy king

Button diop Smith docoure

For the sake of 0.5m, you need either one of TAA or Robertson ahead of VVD.

Downgrade Docoure to a 4.5 sub and upgrade Fraser/Adams (also, who's Adams?!).

sheroman01 wrote: »
    For the sake of 0.5m, you need either one of TAA or Robertson ahead of VVD.

Downgrade Docoure to a 4.5 sub and upgrade Fraser/Adams (also, who's Adams?!).

I've seen a good few people say that taa or robbo should be in before Virgil buy Virgil is a guaranteed starter and scored more points than taa last year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Gerry G wrote: »
    I've seen a good few people say that taa or robbo should be in before Virgil buy Virgil is a guaranteed starter and scored more points than taa last year?

TAA played less games through injury.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Gerry G wrote: »

That's my thinking too.
    He only missed 36 minutes last season and Robertson only outscored him by 5.

That 0.5m can be used elsewhere.

dsmythy wrote: »
    TAA played less games through injury.

Another reason why I'd have Virgil over TAA. I know any player can be unlucky enough to pick up an injury but Virgil seems to be made of steel at the moment and taa is likely to be rotated a bit too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Cough cough.... back on topic, posting and rating teams:

Here’s one of my drafts:

Pickford ()
    Montreal, van dyke, trippier
    Erickson, zaha, richarlison, Fraser
    Firmino, Wilson, lacazette

Bench: Leno, Simpson, prodl, Townsend

Logic: Pickford is always good for peno saves, first day I think there will be a few Penalties due to VAR and rule adjustments.
    Liverpool, opening game versus newcomers, home game...should be a comfortable victory, don’t think Norwich will hopefully not be able to cope with firmino or van dyke.
    Midfield speaks for itself, all decent enough players with potential to score.(hopefully more than 2 perform on the opening day)

Have decided to opt for a 3man defence due to VAR and potential for a lack of clean sheets, I know there’s a chance officials will be extremely cautious but equally there’s a chance we could start the season with tones of penos due to players with bad habits.

F1ngers wrote: »
    That's my thinking too.
    He only missed 36 minutes last season and Robertson only outscored him by 5.

That 0.5m can be used elsewhere.

VDD and Robertson are both on par for being guaranteed starters. I think that 5pt gap is misleading. I think VVD had exceptional luck last year FPL-wise and I fully expect Robbo to outscore him this season. I can't help but recall two moments in particular for VVD - he scored two goals in one game, as well as that ridiculous assist vs Everton (when he hoofed the ball in the air, Pickford fluffed it, came off the crossbar and Origi scored the tap in).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Cough cough.... back on topic, posting and rating teams:

Here’s one of my drafts:

Pickford ()
    Montreal, van dyke, trippier
    Erickson, zaha, richarlison, Fraser
    Firmino, Wilson, lacazette

Bench: Leno, Simpson, prodl, Townsend

Logic: Pickford is always good for peno saves, first day I think there will be a few Penalties due to VAR and rule adjustments.
    Liverpool, opening game versus newcomers, home game...should be a comfortable victory, don’t think Norwich will hopefully not be able to cope with firmino or van dyke.
    Midfield speaks for itself, all decent enough players with potential to score.(hopefully more than 2 perform on the opening day)

Have decided to opt for a 3man defence due to VAR and potential for a lack of clean sheets, I know there’s a chance officials will be extremely cautious but equally there’s a chance we could start the season with tones of penos due to players with bad habits.

One thing that sticks out for me with your squad is the lack of reliable captaincy options. I wouldn't trust the captaincy on any of your front 7 tbh. You need one of Salah or Sterling imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Will TAA and Robertson outscore VVD? Possibly. But if so i'd say it won't be by much. VVD got 4 goals and 4 assists, and as a 'Pool fan who watches almost every match, he improved attacking wise as the season went on. Definitely a good argument for having all 3. I personally don't fancy any £7m forward or midfielder to outscore him over the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

I just can't see past Salah/Sterling captaincy rotation

GW1-GW11

NOR/sou/bou/BHA/NEW/WAT/shu/WOL/cry/AVL/avl

Managed to squeeze Vardy in but meant sacrificing Siggy and Laporte...not sure if I'm happy losing those two

Pope (Button)
    VVD TAA Digne (Rico Kelly)
    Tielemans Zaha Sterling Salah (Dendoncker)
    Vardy King Chicharito

Bench is dreadful though so this 11 might be a non runner.

kelly from palace or bournemouth? :pac:

i like the look of that team

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DwightSchrute1

Ryan/Button
    AWB, VVD, Digne, Robertson (Kelly -CP)
    Salah, Kante, Tielemans, (Stephens, Hayden)
    Kane, Kun, King

I've gone top heavy at the expense of midfielders. Should I downgrade Kane or Aguero to spend more on midfielders? I reckon Tielemans is great value at 6.5m.

Pretty happy with defence, should return a lot of attacking points. Bench isn't the greatest but I would hope my first 11 are guaranteed starters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ryan/Button
    AWB, VVD, Digne, Robertson (Kelly -CP)
    Salah, Kante, Tielemans, (Stephens, Hayden)
    Kane, Kun, King

I've gone top heavy at the expense of midfielders. Should I downgrade Kane or Aguero to spend more on midfielders? I reckon Tielemans is great value at 6.5m.

Pretty happy with defence, should return a lot of attacking points. Bench isn't the greatest but I would hope my first 11 are guaranteed starters.

That midfield is far too light
    Yes downgrade at least one of that pair
    and AWB. Or switch for a diff premium defender

Advertisement