Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RATE MY TEAM 19/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

please be critical

Heaton (Ryan)
    TAA Robertson Walker Trippier (Arrons)
    Salah Sterling Siggy (Dendoncker) (Guendoozio)
    Jota Delofeu King

Overall quite happy at this stage. The merits of an attacking full back have been opined on to death so it seems the template is formed already. Inclusion of my favourite assets Salah and Sterling makes me content although a fourth option in midfield at the expense of maybe Jota is still up in the air. Not sure of Wolves second season and in Europe (a la Burnley)

As for inclusions from other teams, I like Sheffied United defensive options, if the attacking full back thing goes to pot.

Looks like a fairly good selection in my opinion but one player I would have questions about is Trippier. I had him selected for most of last season and he did give some good returns when he played, but for some reason he was rested for quite a few of the games I would have been hoping on him generating some positive returns. Does he have some sort of low grade injury that means he has to have his game time managed or is it just the Spurs way to rotate their full backs to keep them fresh? I'm not sure why he isn't played more consistently but for that money I would want a player who is going to be playing all the time if possible. Maybe it will change this season but Aurier, Walker-Peters or even Foyth may fill in for him in some games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jacinta Bollickhammock

macraignil wrote: »
    Looks like a fairly good selection in my opinion but one player I would have questions about is Trippier. I had him selected for most of last season and he did give some good returns when he played, but for some reason he was rested for quite a few of the games I would have been hoping on him generating some positive returns. Does he have some sort of low grade injury that means he has to have his game time managed or is it just the Spurs way to rotate their full backs to keep them fresh? I'm not sure why he isn't played more consistently but for that money I would want a player who is going to be playing all the time if possible. Maybe it will change this season but Aurier, Walker-Peters or even Foyth may fill in for him in some games.

yeah, i'll need to research the spurs threads and see why that was. Spurs first 9 fixtures are sweet back on home turf I think they'll start the season well. aside fom trips to Man City and Arsenal the home ties look solid and if he gets a run and is on set pieces again, then i'm hoping for a good return off his price point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

First Draft:

Ryan
    Robertson - Laporte - Digne
    B.Silva - Salah - Siggy - Perez
    Jota - Aubameyang - King

Button - Aarons - Kelly - Dendoncker

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Shedite27 wrote: »

But as another post said you are looking at the ones they got - realistically how many possible situations are there to look at? For example there may have been instances similar to the PGS handball that you and everyone else said not a penalty - but VAR may say actually yes it is.

You pick city and pool - why not look at Cardiff - they should have had a penalty 3/4 games in a row and didn't get anything at all.

Last season Watford got 1 penalty in the league - do you honestly believe that if VAR went through every game that they would still only have had 1 penalty - every corner for instance players being dragged down?

How good are defenders at heading balls clear in corner situations - you will only find out as the season goes on - cause with VAR there if they foul and its' used right they will be found out - if they aren't good then more headed goals will be scored...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Any opinions

Allison

Laporte VVD Lascelles

Erikksen Zaha Perez Mane

Vardy Rashford Adams

Button, Taylor, Docoure, Diop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

After much tinkering I’m currently satisfied with this set up,

Guaita.

Trent. Azpi. Laporte. Robertson.

Mane. Dilva. Townsend.

PEA. King. Jiminez.

Subs - Ryan, Kante, Hayden, Lascelles

• Registered Users Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Damien360

Would like someone to pick a few holes in this setup please

Ryan (Button)
    Laporte Robertson VVD (Simpson Kelly)
    Sigi Rice Sterling Fraser (dendoncker)
    Aguero Firmino Long

Lack of Salah is a bother but Sterling and Firmino would have to go to get him and need another 0.5m. Long I am not happy with but can't see another. Subs are throw away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

Damien360 wrote: »
    Would like someone to pick a few holes in this setup please

Ryan (Button)
    Laporte Robertson VVD (Simpson Kelly)
    Sigi Rice Sterling Fraser (dendoncker)
    Aguero Firmino Long

Lack of Salah is a bother but Sterling and Firmino would have to go to get him and need another 0.5m. Long I am not happy with but can't see another. Subs are throw away.

It would be nice if Long was getting his game for Southampton at that price point but they have now brought in Ings permanently as well as another new striker(Adams) and a new winger(Djenepo) so it might be unsurprising if he is not always being given a start and then you are relying on one of your "throw away" subs to play regularly. Also Rice as a defensive midfielder might not be the best source of fantasy football points. I think you will need to downgrade one of your premium choices to get a better overall first 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

macraignil wrote: »
    Also Rice as a defensive midfielder might not be the best source of fantasy football points.

I think deccers may be this year's version of tpt nailed on week in week out won't get forward much and keeps it all simple

• Registered Users Posts: 27,789 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Here's my first draft.

Ryan will be the keeper. Should be a good shout for Save points.

Start with a back 4 with Cathcart on the bench.

Will be three across the middle for week 1 with Rice coming in for GW2. Hojberjg is bench backup.

Start the front three in GW1 and then alternate based on fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Here's my first draft.

Ryan will be the keeper. Should be a good shout for Save points.

Start with a back 4 with Cathcart on the bench.

Will be three across the middle for week 1 with Rice coming in for GW2. Hojberjg is bench backup.

Start the front three in GW1 and then alternate based on fixtures.

Would you not go with Button as your 4m keeper thereby having the backup Brighton goalie in case Ryan misses out?

Not sure about Mendy and his chances of starting week in, week out.

That forward line doesn't look good if I'm being honest. Murray is near pension age and Ings will likely be rotated what with Southampton having loads of attacking options.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

Opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 27,789 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Would you not go with Button as your 4m keeper thereby having the backup Brighton goalie in case Ryan misses out?

Not sure about Mendy and his chances of starting week in, week out.

That forward line doesn't look good if I'm being honest. Murray is near pension age and Ings will likely be rotated what with Southampton having loads of attacking options.

Murray and Ings should be on pens though as an extra bonus. I'd be banking on the bulk of my scores coming from Salah, Sterling and the back 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

With penalties and attacking full backs in mind, I have put this together.

Heaton

Robbo TAA Laporte Digne Ritchie

Siggy Anderson Milo (Romeu, Dendoncker)

Aguero Kane (Greenwood)

Happy with that team and gonna stick with it (well maybe change 1 or 2 GK's or midfielders) but other than that I am set.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,410 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I think deccers may be this year's version of tpt nailed on week in week out won't get forward much and keeps it all simple

You don't want to pay more than 4.5 for a tpt though. Hopefully preseason will give an indication who the best options are. Romeu, Stephens, Dendoncker look likeliest.

You don't want to pay more than 4.5 for a tpt though. Hopefully preseason will give an indication who the best options are. Romeu, Stephens, Dendoncker look likeliest.

Dendoncker could of had a couple of goals towards of last season from what I saw of him. Unlucky & poor finishing but getting into good positions. Looks a good 4.5m fodder for me

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

First draft opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

letsgo2018 wrote: »
    First draft opinion
    It feels like you should have more money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Ederson
    Vvd Doherty Mariappa
    Salah Sterling Zaha Fraser
    Wilson Jimenez Kodjia

Kelly Rice Lundstrom

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Ryan
    Dunk Robbo Digne Diop/4.5m
    Siggy Mane Sterling Son/Tielmans
    Jimmi Wilson

Cheap Bench: Button-Kelly-Hayden-Gallagher

It's a bit left field but i'm kinda liking this team despite Jimmi and Mane having busy summers and Son being suspended (would bring him in in GW3).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Aaaaand draft 2 already :pac:

Ryan
    Robbo Digne TAA Dunk
    Salah Siggy Bilva Maddison
    Aguero King

As always on this thread we’d ask of people that are posting their teams that they offer some reasons why they chose some of the players and also offer advice to others.

If you are getting help on your team then it’s only fair others are helped by you in return.

Time to quote this already.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Aaaaand draft 2 already :pac:

Ryan
    Robbo Digne TAA Dunk
    Salah Siggy Bilva Maddison
    Aguero King

Wouldn’t touch Dunk, other than that not a bad effort

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Sticking with the 5-4-1 formation although having read the article below I shouldn’t be doing this, excellent article
    https://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2019/07/08/player-value-and-the-most-efficient-use-of-the-fpl-budget/

Kepa (McGovern)
    TAA/VVD/Robbo/Laporte/Walker
    Sterling/Siggy/Zaha/Perez (Dendoncker)
    Giroud (Long, 4.5m)

Bringing in Giroud has really allowed me to beef up the middle. Think Perez can be a great buy for Leicester. Kepa over Lloris and Walker over Digne are the two decisions in defence

I’d also be worried I’m ignoring Watford, Bournemouth, Burnley altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Green&Red wrote: »
    Sticking with the 5-4-1 formation although having read the article below I shouldn’t be doing this, excellent article
    https://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2019/07/08/player-value-and-the-most-efficient-use-of-the-fpl-budget/

Kepa (McGovern)
    TAA/VVD/Robbo/Laporte/Walker
    Sterling/Siggy/Zaha/Perez (Dendoncker)
    Giroud (Long, 4.5m)

Bringing in Giroud has really allowed me to beef up the middle. Think Perez can be a great buy for Leicester. Kepa over Lloris and Walker over Digne are the two decisions in defence

I’d also be worried I’m ignoring Watford, Bournemouth, Burnley altogether

Great read alright, thanks for sharing. I'm going to try put a team together based on that and will stick it up here later. Be a first for me going with premium defenders and non-premium forwards. But it makes sense with the way the football has evolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Great read alright, thanks for sharing. I'm going to try put a team together based on that and will stick it up here later. Be a first for me going with premium defenders and non-premium forwards. But it makes sense with the way the football has evolved.

Will be 442 or 352 for me to start with anyway
    Trying to find 5 mids to fit in with a premium striker is tricky though
    So........

I just noticed there is no Free Hit Option!!!! Wow!

km79 wrote: »
    Will be 442 or 352 for me to start with anyway
    Trying to find 5 mids to fit in with a premium striker is tricky though
    So........

I think you'll need to skip the premium striker, I know it feels wrong, but they haven't really been delivering value for money.

First go 352:

Ederson (Button)
    Robertson TAA Digne (Adam Smith, Kelly)
    Sterling Mane Maddison Zaha Brooks
    King Jota (4.5 Xande Silva)

Pretty happy with that, would have liked Siggy in there though, could also go Perez over Maddison.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I just noticed there is no Free Hit Option!!!! Wow!

Can't play free hit in week 1, it's still there don't worry.

• Advertisement

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Can't play free hit in week 1, it's still there don't worry.

Never noticed that last year but yes makes sense. Thanks

Advertisement