Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

That was an epic game, seriously talented minors & agree the 95fm commentary was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭High bike

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Is Adam English a brother of Richie? A seriously talented chap.
    Yeah Richies brother and the makings of a serious player

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

High bike wrote: »
    Yeah Richies brother and the makings of a serious player

No he's not.

Not related at all.
    Eamon Grimes, the captain of the 1973 winning senior team is his Gran-uncle, according to the commentator today.

P.S. He is some player all right as is Donovan (no relation to Dara by the way)
    Donovan has close Tipp connections ironically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

I was very impressed by Ethan Hurley - read the game quite well, covered ground, and his passing was very good. Very calm and astute performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Hey all, father missed the minor today, I can see it's up on Stream Sport Ireland for purchase, but I can't see anything indicating it will still be available after the live time. Does anyone know if it's still available to watch anywhere? Seems like it was only available to watch Live, and don't want to waste the €8 if that's the case. Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭High bike

washman3 wrote: »
    No he's not.

Not related at all.
    Eamon Grimes, the captain of the 1973 winning senior team is his Gran-uncle, according to the commentator today.

P.S. He is some player all right as is Donovan (no relation to Dara by the way)
    Donovan has close Tipp connections ironically.
    your right sorry my mistake he's no relation has a Tipperary father,still some prospect though

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Watched it on the radio...... Really enjoyed the commentary on live 95, Shane Dowling in with Mal. Shane practically pucking every ball.

Finally a commentator to match the passion of Liam Aherne! I've known Shane since we were kids, so I've always been a fan of his, but it's not just friendly sentiment - he backs up his efforts with talent and heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

Great to see the minors carry off a second Munster title in a row, some great players in that team that could come through to the seniors in time. Mullins is proving himself a good coach/manager, hopefully he is getting Ven the u20s next year for a 3 year term. Things are humming along nicely at the moment at all levels.
    Even though they have been doing well in Munster the minors have been found wanting against Galway and Kilkenny these last few years so hoping they put up a competitive display against Galway next day out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,416 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

FYI a Feedback Thread has been opened.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058149601

Please read the Opening Post before posting.

Any opinions or thoughts in general are welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Has Anthony Nash joined South Liberties? I read he was not going playing with Kanturk this year but this is a surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

pajoguy wrote: »
    Has Anthony Nash joined South Liberties? I read he was not going playing with Kanturk this year but this is a surprise.

Yes. Transfer should be ratified by next week

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

benji79 wrote: »

Nice addition for a small club (population wise)like Liberites

• Registered Users Posts: 24,535 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I assume he lives around that way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Is Adam English a brother of Richie? A seriously talented chap.

Richie is his father.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,589 ✭✭✭billyhead

Will he be playing outfield? I presume the goal keeper position is already tied up. Did he play outfield for Kanturk?

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Any idea when the 2021 panel will be announced? Who's the prospective additions? The most obvious is cathal o Neill but will he bring him in? He brought Kyle hayes in at that age if not younger iirc. If the season gets pushed back a bit it would be better imo it'd be great to have crowds at the games and I can't see that happening for a while yet with the vaccine rollout happening it might from July or August onwards but who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

I wonder will there be a retirement or two. Cody in his pomp didn't wait around and kept the place fresh with new faces every year. Definitely the squad is strong but it can always be stronger

BloodyBill wrote: »
    I wonder will there be a retirement or two. Cody in his pomp didn't wait around and kept the place fresh with new faces every year. Definitely the squad is strong but it can always be stronger

Don't think there is anyone really at the age to retire but maybe a few of the subs will see it as not worth it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mucky_Tackies

Hi
    breezy1985 wrote: »
    Don't think there is anyone really at the age to retire but maybe a few of the subs will see it as not worth it anymore

Mul had a poor enough championship and I think Casey starts ahead of him now. With 2 AIs in the pocket, mul might not fancy a bench spot

Hi

Mul had a poor enough championship and I think Casey starts ahead of him now. With 2 AIs in the pocket, mul might not fancy a bench spot

He still has plenty to give and definitely no need to go unless he is tired of it

• Advertisement

breezy1985 wrote: »
    He still has plenty to give and definitely no need to go unless he is tired of it

Yes I hope Mulcahy stays on, actually think that impact sub role would suit him well at this stage of his career. No need to be calling it a day yet.
    You would think Tom Condon might decide to pack it in. Looking at the panel there was a fair turn over of panel members so I think we'll see new blood being introduced all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Mulcahy will be back on hard ground in the summer, not close to retirement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,589 ✭✭✭billyhead

Tom Condon has retired. Best of luck to him.

billyhead wrote: »
    Tom Condon has retired. Best of luck to him.

2 Celtic crosses and a place forever in the highlights reel as the man who caught that final sliotar in 2018

Not bad going considering some of the dark seasons he had to play through

Congratulations to John Kiely on his manager of the year award, well deserved, and congratulations to the team on team of the year. Its just an award at the end of the day but just goes to show the achievement of the team, and recognition of the team and management outside of the world of Hurling and Gaelic games.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Mehapoy wrote: »
    Congratulations to John Kiely on his manager of the year award, well deserved, and congratulations to the team on team of the year. Its just an award at the end of the day but just goes to show the achievement of the team, and recognition of the team and management outside of the world of Hurling and Gaelic games.

Well deserved

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭raindodger

Thought both declan and john kiely spoke well.John a rock of commonsence we are lucky to have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭lim4ev

I could never understand why the gaa were intending to play the inter county so early this yr I do agree with the split season and totally agree club should be after the inter county is finished but considering the virus and the roll out of the vaccine would it not make sense to run both competitions off as late as possible in the yr to give the possibilities of having crowds a chance say intercounty from June to August and club in autumn? I was delighted to hear kiely say what he said the other night. This would be just till the virus is under control next yr they can revert but I wouldn't be sure of playing the all Ireland in mid July.

Theres no right or wrong here the current situation is so difficult but I'd be doing everything if I was a gaa official to give having crowds the best chance and my thinking hasn't anything to do with money just atmosphere, obviously money is an issue for the gaa

lim4ev wrote: »
    I could never understand why the gaa were intending to play the inter county so early this yr I do agree with the split season and totally agree club should be after the inter county is finished but considering the virus and the roll out of the vaccine would it not make sense to run both competitions off as late as possible in the yr to give the possibilities of having crowds a chance say intercounty from June to August and club in autumn? I was delighted to hear kiely say what he said the other night. This would be just till the virus is under control next yr they can revert but I wouldn't be sure of playing the all Ireland in mid July.

Theres no right or wrong here the current situation is so difficult but I'd be doing everything if I was a gaa official to give having crowds the best chance and my thinking hasn't anything to do with money just atmosphere, obviously money is an issue for the gaa

I suppose the current plan still gives them the option of having the intercounty late in the year if spring goes tits up as is now expected

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭The_Dave

New jersey coming soon (I need to have something to look forward to)

Advertisement