Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The try harder if ye want to keep a second joke thread thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

I went to A & E yesterday and said to the nurse "I've been stung by a wasp. Have you got anything for it?"

She said "whereabouts is it?"

I said "I don't know. It'll be ****ing miles away by now"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Q: What goes zzub, zzub?

A: A bee flying backwards!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I got home last night and said to the Mrs, "I can't believe it, I've just seen the Crystal Palace team playing football with a hedgehog".

"Sick bastards", she replied.

"It's OK", I said, "the hedgehog was 4-0 up".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Finally Ireland gets ravaged by an Ophelia that doesn’t begin with ped

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

GBX wrote: »

Best paedophilia pun since this one:D:

capture31.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

A man goes to a zoo and is disappointed to find it has only one animal -- a dog.

It's a Shih Tzu.

One day, at the company cafeteria, Joe says to Mike, "My elbow hurts like hell. I guess I'd better see a doctor."

"Listen, you don't have to spend that kind of money," Mike replies.

"There's a diagnostic computer down at Aldi. Just give it a urine

sample and the computer will tell you what's wrong and what to do about
    It.It takes ten seconds and costs five quid. A lot quicker and cheaper than a
    doctor."

So, Joe deposits a urine sample in a small jar and takes it to
    Aldi.

He deposits five pounds and the computer lights up and asks for the
    urine sample. He pours the sample into the slot and waits.
    Ten seconds later, the computer ejects a printout:

"You have tennis elbow. Soak your arm in warm water and avoid heavy

activity. It will improve in two weeks. Thank you for shopping at
    Aldi"

That evening, while thinking how amazing this new technology was, Joe
    began wondering if the computer could be fooled.

He mixed some tap water, a stool sample from his dog, urine samples
    from his wife and daughter, and a rum sample from himself for good
    measure.

Joe hurries back to Aldi's, eager to check the results. He deposits
    five pounds, pours in his concoction, and awaits the results.

The computer prints the following:

1. Your tap water is too hard. Get a water softener. (Aisle 9)

2. Your dog has ringworm. Bathe him with anti-fungal shampoo. (Aisle 7)

3. Your daughter has a cocaine habit. Get her into rehab.

4. Your wife is pregnant. Twins. They aren't yours. Get a lawyer.

5. And If you don't stop bluffing with yourself, your elbow will never get better.

Thank you for shopping at Aldi.

A South African friend of mine said that he got me a kindle for my birthday.

I was very excited until he told me he got a matching Barbie as well.

My girlfriend just admitted that she used to be a Christian, so I broke up with her.

It might seem judgemental, but I’ve only known her since she was Christine.

I think most of you probably already know about the first rule of Assumption Club.

• Advertisement

My girlfriend says she doesn’t trust me.

I guess that’s just one more thing she has in common with my wife.

For sale: DeLorean DMC-12.

No time wasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,288 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Did you hear about the magic tractor?

It went down the road..and turned into a field.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭Riddle101

GBX wrote: »
    Best paedophilia pun since this one:D:

capture31.png

Would be funny if someone called the next storm Peter File. Highly unlikely but I was just watching an episode IT Crowd with the guy named Peter File, and that's all I could think of when I read your comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

whats that irish joke...with an irishman being flogged, and the punchline is ..paddy laughing and says "you're flogging the wrong man"

The main course at the big civic dinner was baked ham with glazed sweet potatoes.

Rabbi Cohen regretfully shook his head when the platter was passed to him.

"When," scolded Father Kelly playfully, "are you going to forget that silly rule of yours and eat ham like the rest of us?"

Rabbi Cohen replied "At your wedding reception, Father Kelly."

I was trying not to wake anyone up the other night, so I put some French pancakes on my feet and crepéd up the stairs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

We are going to be Grandparents in a day or two, For the first time.

I commented to my better half she would only be a milf for a few more days.

very quite here now

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

We are going to be Grandparents in a day or two, For the first time.

I commented to my better half she would only be a milf for a few more days.

very quite here now

When my parents became grandparents someone asked my dad how did he feel being a grandad. His reply "it's great. Just don't like the idea of going to bed with a granny every night".

Cheeky git

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

What do you call an IRA sniper?

Eamonn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Shamlessly copypasted..
    An urban park in autumn. Mist, leaves, squirrels. Two young dogs sit talking at a remove from their owners. One of them is squatting over a puddle.
    “You probably think I’m doing a wee,” says one.
    “I wasn’t presuming to make a judgment,” says the other.
    “Well I’m not,” says the first. “I
    am steaming my froo-froo with rainwater to promote pudendal health.”
    “Well, you knock yourself out.”
    “I read about it on Goop when I was hunting for a vitamin supplement that will help me to get over this terrible listlessness I’ve been feeling ever since the referendum.”

“SQUIRREL!” shouts the other dog suddenly, leaping up, pointing, panting.
    “And?” says the snowflake dog.
    “It’s a freaking squirrel! Let’s get it!”
    “I don’t eat red meat any more. I find that a chargrilled aubergine, peeled and mashed with tahini, makes for a more than adequate “mock-squirrel”. And if you drizzle a little linseed oil over the top, for the correct balance of Omega three and six fatty acids, combined with a regular programme of cardiovascular . . .”
    “Nobody’s going to eat it, you clown. We’re just going to scare the bejesus out of it, like always.”

“That squirrel has as much right to enjoy this park as the rest of us.”
    “You what?”
    “Some of my best friends are squirrels.”
    “No they’re not.”
    “True, but I wish they were. Then people could see how open-minded and progressive I am. I’d even be cool with it if my daughter went out with a squirrel. In fact, I’d like to go out with a squirrel myself. I’m hoping to meet one at yoga.”

One of the humans whistles loudly and shouts, “Rex!”. Neither dog moves.
    “You off then?” says the old dog.
    “No,” says snowflake dog. “I don’t approve of gender-determinant names. I refuse to be sexually pigeon-holed. How do they know I’m a boy?”
    “From your massive dangly knackers and horrid, red, stubby penis?”
    “That’s just biology. Gender is a social construct.”
    “What if they called you Regina?”
    “No good. They need to recognise my right not to be defined at all. For my gender, like my sexuality, is subjective and fluid.”
    “You’re a genderqueer dog?”
    “Yes.”

“Woof!”
    “How dare you?”
    “I just said, ‘woof’.”
    “Which is a traditional expression of patriarchal lust and disrespect.”
    “I’m a dog. ‘Woof!’ is just what I say.”
    “Find some other way to say it.”
    “Another way to say ‘woof’?”
    “This is my safe space.”
    “It’s a park.”

“It’s a relic of empire, is what it is. These were hunting grounds that were owned by a king, not democratically elected, where dogs were worked, unpaid, in dreadful conditions, and to the great harm and impoverishment of other animals. It’s an elitist symbol which needs to be torn down and . . .”
    One of the humans throws a stick. The dogs regard it. They do not move.
    “You not going after it, then?”

“You heard what I said: this whole park is a colonial throwback. I come here to poo and stretch my legs but I assert my right not to be governed by outmoded rules and conventions which are quite out of touch with modern thinking.”
    “He’s actually shouting ‘fetch, Rex’ now. What are you going to do about that?

“I am going to record it on my snoutcam is what I am going to do. And use it as evidence of bullying in the workplace. We millennials will not be pushed around.”
    “Millennial? You’re only four.”
    “Yes, but in dog years that’s 28, which means I was born in 1989; slap on the demographic.”
    “But you weren’t, you were born in 2013.”
    “Don’t you dare impose your phallocentric numerical system on my right to be who I am.”

“I’m going to get that stick.”
    “I’m going to get a tattoo. Of a weepy face emoji.”
    “See you around.”
    “I hate Donald Trump.”

The older dog trots off to pick up the stick and delivers it to the humans. The younger dog gets on a bicycle and heads off for a coffee and a squiz at The New Statesman before his reiki class.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

^^^^^^^^^^

so? as long as its funny who cares?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

philstar wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^

so? as long as its funny who cares?

...and if it's not funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

gramar wrote: »
    ...and if it's not funny?

Hey if you don't like it, don't laugh. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Hey if you don't like it, don't laugh. :D

I didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

Witchie wrote: »
    When my parents became grandparents someone asked my dad how did he feel being a grandad. His reply "it's great. Just don't like the idea of going to bed with a granny every night".

Cheeky git

I'm guessing he spent the next little while not going to bed with a granny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Shamlessly copypasted..

I'm quessing the shameless part is the joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

A German guy approaches a prostitute and says " I vish to buy sex vit you "
    "OK" says the girl, "I charge 100 pounds an hour"
    "Ist goot, But I must varn you, I am a little kinky"
    "No problem" she replies cautiously, "I can do a little kinky"
    So off they go to the girl's flat, where the German produces four large bedsprings and a duck caller. "I vant you to tie ze springs to each of your limbs.." The girl finds this very strange, but complies, fastening the springs to her hands and knees. "Now you vill get on your hans and knees." She duly does this, balancing on the springs. "You vill please blow zis vistle as I make love to you." She finds all this very odd, but figures it's harmless, and the guy is paying. The sex is fantastic. She is bounced all over the room by the energetic German, all the time honking on the duck caller. The climax is the most sensational she has ever experienced, and it is several minutes before she has recovered her breath.
    Finally she gasps "That was totally amazing....... what do you call that? "Ah", says the German, "Four-sprung duck technique!!

My friend was bleeding, and the first aid book told me to apply pressure.

So I told him if he didn't stop the bleeding right away, he'd die.

• Advertisement

I was just viewing a woman's profile on a dating website,

'Blonde 33 Great Personality 5ft 3 Green Eyes.'

Don't get me wrong, I got nothing against short women, but, 3 green eyes?

No wonder she's single.

Advertisement