Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,653 ✭✭✭✭dahat

On driving I rear ended someone in 2006 nothing overly serious in my eyes but claim was settled only recently. €45k with total cost over €100k as her husband as claimed for the car I damaged as he owned it.

The car was written off after the chassis was found to be out by 0.88mm. Yes that's correct, unreal.

I had two cars at that time a 2003 1.4 3dr Corolla and a Corolla T-Sport,190 bhp
    I loved both those but never liked driving thereafter as I believe she eggagerated massively but as I was in the wrong I couldn't complain.

Any sort of accident/tip will cost you greatly so be careful on the roads. Don't own a car now as I drive the Mrs car when needed,such prefer the bycycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

dahat wrote: »
    On driving I rear ended someone in 2006 nothing overly serious in my eyes but claim was settled only recently. €45k with total cost over €100k as her husband as claimed for the car I damaged as he owned it.

The car was written off after the chassis was found to be out by 0.88mm. Yes that's correct, unreal.

I had two cars at that time a 2003 1.4 3dr Corolla and a Corolla T-Sport,190 bhp
    I loved both those but never liked driving thereafter as I believe she eggagerated massively but as I was in the wrong I couldn't complain.

Any sort of accident/tip will cost you greatly so be careful on the roads. Don't own a car now as I drive the Mrs car when needed,such prefer the bycycle.

I was in a crash in 2010 (my fault!) and it's still not settled. The other driver is making all kind of claims that simply aren't true. Very frustrating.

I was in a crash in 2010 (my fault!) and it's still not settled. The other driver is making all kind of claims that simply aren't true. Very frustrating.

Typical car crash lottery claims. They always won out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Failed my first test, tester said i'll never pass a test.... Failed my second test.... Third time lucky, and it was the same tester as the first failed effort.

Here is how the sheet looked from the first try :eek::eek:

ThBWvHk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

It's 20, yes that's TWENTY, years since I passed my test. Holy fugg. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

See these new novice plates you need for 2 years after you pass your test? I don't get them at all. Surely if you've passed the test you're a good enough driver.

Even then one person could do 100000km in them 2 years and another could not drive again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Failed my first test, tester said i'll never pass a test.... Failed my second test.... Third time lucky, and it was the same tester as the first failed effort.

Here is how the sheet looked from the first try :eek::eek:

ThBWvHk.jpg

You'd have flown it if it wasn't for those pesky left turns..... What the hell happened there! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,957 ✭✭✭G1032

This is just class altogether....

Aaron Baddeley got a birdie on the par-4 17th in Valero Texas Open yesterday after putting his drive out of bounds!!

http://www.pga.com/news/golf-buzz/aaron-baddeley-makes-hole-in-one-par-4-hole-sort

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

PARlance wrote: »
    You'd have flown it if it wasn't for those pesky left turns..... What the hell happened there! :)

left turns right turns and on the straight...... if only it was a continuous bend id have been grand

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

left turns right turns and on the straight...... if only it was a continuous bend id have been grand

Sounds like you were going round in circles :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Failed the first one myself thanks to "Progress" which was a balls as I think I took it to the extreme. Being a young lad I decided to drive like a 90 year old.

It wasn't helped by the fact that some absolute idiot 50 meters ahead started to reverse all the way down the road towards me. He had missed his turn so the only way this fool knew was to reverse all the way back.... I just stopped and blasted the horn.
    Failed by one X and picked up one for that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

PARlance wrote: »
    Failed the first one myself thanks to "Progress" which was a balls as I think I took it to the extreme. Being a young lad I decided to drive like a 90 year old.

It wasn't helped by the fact that some absolute idiot 50 meters ahead started to reverse all the way down the road towards me. He had missed his turn so the only way this fool knew was to reverse all the way back.... I just stopped and blasted the horn.
    Failed by one X and picked up one for that

One of the lad i know in college was failed on progress too, he was doing 45 in a 50 but it was a straight open road so cars were queuing up behind him...

Hayley on SSN now...feckin hell, what a mare.

Hayley on SSN now...feckin hell, what a mare.
    :)

Survived the first lesson :P "Pump the girlfriend and not the brake! " :P

Departures lounge Dublin Airport heading to the Utd game....

Can't bloody wait

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Departures lounge Dublin Airport heading to the Villa game....

Can't bloody wait

Enjoy lad. Keep us informed of the in depth news around the ground!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Departures lounge Dublin Airport heading to the Villa game....

Can't bloody wait

Giving serious consideration to captaining tekkers so hope he puts on a show for you!!

jimmii wrote: »
    Giving serious consideration to captaining tekkers so hope he puts on a show for you!!

Bloody hope not as I'm a Utd fan! No FF involvement in this game for me on purpose as I wanna truly savour the game. First time over .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Bloody hope not as I'm a Utd fan! No FF involvement in this game for me on purpose as I wanna truly savour the game. First time over .

Dangerously close to football talk now!! Have a nice flight!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Enjoy nandos :)

km79 wrote: »
    Enjoy nandos :)

Never went there, smelt Harry Ramsden's and went on there. Cracking fish n chips with mushy peas.

Irish Grand National today! What's everybody on? The Job is Right for me @ 16/1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Never went there, smelt Harry Ramsden's and went on there. Cracking fish n chips with mushy peas.

Never a big fan of Harry Ramsden's despite being a big fish and chips man. where are the best fish and chips in Ireland? Nice topic for a bank holiday Monday(everyone has an opinion on this in my experience) We seem like a fairly diverse group in terms of geography and age. My top three are Kettle of fish in Gort, Reel Dingle fish in Dingle (obviously) and the Fish Wife in Cork. Kettle of fish is probably my favourite (branch in Galway city as well).
    Had fish and chips in Rick Stein's place in Padstow, Cornwall a few years ago, that was outstanding but no better than Kettle of fish if I'm honest.

Irish Grand National today! What's everybody on? The Job is Right for me @ 16/1

I'm gonna put 20 quid on that one Copper, it's on you;)

I'm gonna put 20 quid on that one Copper, it's on you;)

Do a 10er each way so!

Do a 10er each way so!

I'm an infrequent gambler but I never ever bet each way unless it's 50 to 1 or more. He'll win won't he?:P

Now where do you go for fish and chips, not much decent grub out around Drom:pac:

I'm an infrequent gambler but I never ever bet each way unless it's 50 to 1 or more. He'll win won't he?:P

Now where do you go for fish and chips, not much decent grub out around Drom:pac:

Each way is 5 places at quarter odds!

I'd say go to Rossi's in Charleville or Perozzi in NCW for the fish and Chips :)

Each way is 5 places at quarter odds!

I'd say go to Rossi's in Charleville or Perozzi in NCW for the fish and Chips :)

Savage Pizza's in Rossi's but that's for a different day.
    I understand the odds and all, I practically lived in a bookie shop when I was in college, each way just doesn't interest me, I'm a **** or bust man:o

• Advertisement

Savage Pizza's in Rossi's but that's for a different day.
    I understand the odds and all, I practically lived in a bookie shop when I was in college, each way just doesn't interest me, I'm a **** or bust man:o

If it wins you can PayPal me on the price of a pint of Guinness :)

Advertisement