17-04-2020, 15:59   #31
Ciarrai76

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ciarraioch View Post
On first glance, thankfully appears to be fewer reds this time?
I think the HSE changed it to show the reds as the most recent, and the grey dots are the previous ones from weeks ago.
Advertisement
17-04-2020, 18:14   #32
An Ciarraioch

Up 8 today:

http://geohive.maps.arcgis.com/apps/...f651706c223520
Thanks from:
17-04-2020, 21:00   #33
carchaeologist

Send a message via MSN to carchaeologist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciarrai76 View Post
I think the HSE changed it to show the reds as the most recent, and the grey dots are the previous ones from weeks ago.
The first round of dots was the first 43 days. The second round was just yesterday i believe.
Thanks from:
18-04-2020, 09:21   #34
brav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciarrai76 View Post
The Official reports haven’t changed, since they started showing the map with regions there have been 2 sets of maps, one with red dots showing all cases and other with red dots showing new cases.

The source is: https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news...9-updates.html

For example last nights new cases is in https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news...april-2020.pdf
In the latest report they did not put in regional maps, maybe they will change it to weekly
Thanks from:
18-04-2020, 18:06   #35

41 deaths today...0 in the south it seems
Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-04-2020, 18:23   #36
An Ciarraioch

Lowest daily increase for some time, of two:

http://geohive.maps.arcgis.com/apps/...f651706c223520
18-04-2020, 20:58   #37
Ciarrai76

At least the signs are there that things are going in the right direction! No time to get relaxed about it yet though!
http://jrnl.ie/5077707f
19-04-2020, 09:38   #38
wonga77

I was reading a fairly long post with plenty of comments about a few cases in Caherciveen on facebook last night. Apparently some 4 or 5 of the 150 or so asylum seekers that were put into a hotel in Caherciveen have tested positive and its causing a panic. Cramping so many of them into a small hotel was destined for trouble from the start. Anyway from what I can gather several have been walking about the town freely so its unknown how many more people have unknowingly come into contact with them. I don't think the staff were informed early enough either.
I know that sometimes too much info can cause panic but if there are cases out there that are being kept hush hush then that is a million times worse
19-04-2020, 11:48   #39

Cahirciveen should have the roads in and out of it blocked off. Food supplies only.
Advertisement
19-04-2020, 14:33   #40
amdaley28

The following question was asked of all the Kerry TD's, Simon Harris & the Dept of Health.

"Were the refugees that have arrived in Caherciveen tested for the Covid 19 virus before they were sent down? "

None of them replied, which says it all.

Did any of the TD's including Sinn Fein's ask this question. I'm also disappointed that the Dept of Justice used Covid 19 as a cover in order to send them down.

There was a meeting attended by TD's & commercial interests to which the public were not invited.
The first a lot people knew of what was happening was when the buses arrived in town.
If there are cases among the refugees then its only a matter of time before they're all affected being crammed into that hotel together.
Thanks from:
19-04-2020, 17:15   #41
BPKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonga77 View Post
I was reading a fairly long post with plenty of comments about a few cases in Caherciveen on facebook last night. Apparently some 4 or 5 of the 150 or so asylum seekers that were put into a hotel in Caherciveen have tested positive and its causing a panic. Cramping so many of them into a small hotel was destined for trouble from the start. Anyway from what I can gather several have been walking about the town freely so its unknown how many more people have unknowingly come into contact with them. I don't think the staff were informed early enough either.
I know that sometimes too much info can cause panic but if there are cases out there that are being kept hush hush then that is a million times worse
I wonder will there be the same hullabaloo with this story as there was around the Keelings fruit pickers story. Or would people be less likely to comment on this in case they are branded racist?
19-04-2020, 19:33   #42
Ciarrai76

6 more cases of covid19 confirmed in Kerry

http://traleetoday.ie/there-are-262-...jnuQlHPJIF37rQ
20-04-2020, 08:12   #43
newman10

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...rs-994910.html

Link to Cahirciveen news
Thanks from:
20-04-2020, 08:18   #44
kn

I think we all knew that this was likely since they first announced the Caherciveen move. Caherciveen and indeed probably all of Kerry over the coming weeks will be reaping the whirlwind of that move.
Thanks from:
20-04-2020, 10:25   #45
amdaley28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn View Post
I think we all knew that this was likely since they first announced the Caherciveen move. Caherciveen and indeed probably all of Kerry over the coming weeks will be reaping the whirlwind of that move.
Mr Firzoatrick & his commercial friends are the reason this has happened in Caherciveen. They were the people who were invited to the meeting which took place before the refugees were sent down & who failed to ask the pertinent questions.
All they saw were € signs.
So much for community leadership? I wonder why the public weren't given an input to this meeting ?
I'm surprised he & his commercial colleagues believed anything coming from the HSE.

Given the circumstances it was a reckless decision & Caherciveen & the general Kerry region may now have to pay a heavy price.
Hopefully that doesn't come to pass.
I've yet to hear anything back from any of the Kerry TD's on this matter.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion