Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Covid-19 Kerry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I think the HSE changed it to show the reds as the most recent, and the grey dots are the previous ones from weeks ago.

The first round of dots was the first 43 days. The second round was just yesterday i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I think the HSE changed it to show the reds as the most recent, and the grey dots are the previous ones from weeks ago.

The Official reports haven’t changed, since they started showing the map with regions there have been 2 sets of maps, one with red dots showing all cases and other with red dots showing new cases.

The source is: https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/newsfeatures/covid19-updates/covid19-updates.html

For example last nights new cases is in https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/newsfeatures/covid19-updates/covid-19-daily-operations-update-17-april-2020.pdf
    In the latest report they did not put in regional maps, maybe they will change it to weekly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

41 deaths today...0 in the south it seems

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

At least the signs are there that things are going in the right direction! No time to get relaxed about it yet though!
    http://jrnl.ie/5077707f

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭wonga77

I was reading a fairly long post with plenty of comments about a few cases in Caherciveen on facebook last night. Apparently some 4 or 5 of the 150 or so asylum seekers that were put into a hotel in Caherciveen have tested positive and its causing a panic. Cramping so many of them into a small hotel was destined for trouble from the start. Anyway from what I can gather several have been walking about the town freely so its unknown how many more people have unknowingly come into contact with them. I don't think the staff were informed early enough either.
    I know that sometimes too much info can cause panic but if there are cases out there that are being kept hush hush then that is a million times worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Podge201

Cahirciveen should have the roads in and out of it blocked off. Food supplies only.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭amdaley28

The following question was asked of all the Kerry TD's, Simon Harris & the Dept of Health.

"Were the refugees that have arrived in Caherciveen tested for the Covid 19 virus before they were sent down? "

None of them replied, which says it all.

Did any of the TD's including Sinn Fein's ask this question. I'm also disappointed that the Dept of Justice used Covid 19 as a cover in order to send them down.

There was a meeting attended by TD's & commercial interests to which the public were not invited.
    The first a lot people knew of what was happening was when the buses arrived in town.
    If there are cases among the refugees then its only a matter of time before they're all affected being crammed into that hotel together.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,685 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

wonga77 wrote: »
    I was reading a fairly long post with plenty of comments about a few cases in Caherciveen on facebook last night. Apparently some 4 or 5 of the 150 or so asylum seekers that were put into a hotel in Caherciveen have tested positive and its causing a panic. Cramping so many of them into a small hotel was destined for trouble from the start. Anyway from what I can gather several have been walking about the town freely so its unknown how many more people have unknowingly come into contact with them. I don't think the staff were informed early enough either.
    I know that sometimes too much info can cause panic but if there are cases out there that are being kept hush hush then that is a million times worse

I wonder will there be the same hullabaloo with this story as there was around the Keelings fruit pickers story. Or would people be less likely to comment on this in case they are branded racist?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I think we all knew that this was likely since they first announced the Caherciveen move. Caherciveen and indeed probably all of Kerry over the coming weeks will be reaping the whirlwind of that move.

kn wrote: »
    I think we all knew that this was likely since they first announced the Caherciveen move. Caherciveen and indeed probably all of Kerry over the coming weeks will be reaping the whirlwind of that move.

Mr Firzoatrick & his commercial friends are the reason this has happened in Caherciveen. They were the people who were invited to the meeting which took place before the refugees were sent down & who failed to ask the pertinent questions.
    All they saw were € signs.
    So much for community leadership? I wonder why the public weren't given an input to this meeting ?
    I'm surprised he & his commercial colleagues believed anything coming from the HSE.

Given the circumstances it was a reckless decision & Caherciveen & the general Kerry region may now have to pay a heavy price.
    Hopefully that doesn't come to pass.
    I've yet to hear anything back from any of the Kerry TD's on this matter.

It was a reckless move from the start and the way it was done was very sneaky, but you can be sure that someone was profiting handsomely from it.
    Local councillors seem to have gone to ground, Healy Rae was on radio Kerry earlier but I didn't hear what he had to say.
    If the people that knew had been transparent from the start but they weren't and who's to know how many now have it. The coming days will be interesting

Would any of them give me a hand in the bog for a few days?

I sent emails to all the Kerry TD's asking about this decision.
    So far only Michael Healy-Rae & Pa Daly of Sinn Féin have replied.
    Pa Daly has provided me with copies of a statement he has received from the Dept of Justice.
    A statement which is all about the "residents" & not a mention of the local population.
    In other words a load of hogwash.

Jack Fitzpatrick of the commercial interests in Caherciveen on Kerry Radio this morning claiming he knew nothing until the decision was made.
    And I'm the tooth fairy :rolleyes:

Who in the Dept of Justice made this decision is what I'd like to know ?
    Probably someone faceless & nameless no doubt.
    "Lets send 150 untested refugees down to a virus free Caherciveen & see what happens ?"
    Out of sight is out of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

The question I'm asking myself is why the hell are the staff even turning up to work as they are now fully aware of the added risk, with none of the PPE, and the risk of them passing it on to their family members??

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭myclist

kn wrote: »
    The question I'm asking myself is why the hell are the staff even turning up to work as they are now fully aware of the added risk, with none of the PPE, and the risk of them passing it on to their family members??

PPE doesn't seem to be an issue, They seem to have so much of it that they discard it on the street at the entrance to the centre from what I see.

Workers hope they get it and sue the state and us tax payers paying for it.

• Advertisement

Podge201 wrote: »
    Workers hope they get it and sue the state and us tax payers paying for it.

Fck all use if they're dead yeah

Fck all use if they're dead yeah

Let's not be a drama Queen.

Let's not be a drama Queen.

Oh the ironing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Ireland on call on rte1 tonight is featuring a piece on a local flower grower who gave her flowers to nursing homes and Tralee hospital for free in recent weeks.
    A good news story for Tralee.

Good news! Hope it stays this way now!

They must have Cahirciveen under control or else test results not back yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Nice to see They are finally releasing the recovered Count.

Approx 6,000 Doesnt sound as gloomy as 16,000

TsQmR97.png

They must have Cahirciveen under control or else test results not back yet.

How long does it take to get results these days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭myclist

wonga77 wrote: »
    How long does it take to get results these days?

The testing has not been completed in this centre yet. The results will take longer than normal as this centre ''is not a priority''. HSE tests are prioritised at the moment and the partial testing carried out here was not done by the HSE.

Advertisement