Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car detailers/valetors list

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Has anyone used Ultrashine on the Longmile road? Seem to come very highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jumpinsheep

Has anyone used any of the following two, located in Dublin City Centre?

Was also considering the following in the wider Dublin area:
    Car needs a good exterior clean throughout; inside it's quite alright but would surely benefit from a nice clean, thus the reason I'm thinking of a full valet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭Baoithin66

Hi any recommendations for a detailer in Meath/Westmeath?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Has anyone used any of the following two, located in Dublin City Centre?

Was also considering the following in the wider Dublin area:
    Car needs a good exterior clean throughout; inside it's quite alright but would surely benefit from a nice clean, thus the reason I'm thinking of a full valet.

Platinum and 5 star are proper detailing and valeting places you'll definitely get what you pay for. Not sure about full car valet.ie.

I honestly wouldn't bother with the two in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 encorton

Can anyone recommend a proper valeting service in Limerick?
    I'm looking to get the car fully polished with everything on the interior fully sanitized...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

encorton wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a proper valeting service in Limerick?
    I'm looking to get the car fully polished with everything on the interior fully sanitized...

James at MX Valeting. His boards username is JAMES_VTI_S if you want to PM him. He's very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

Hi looking to get a full valet (and possibly scratch repair) to my car as I am planning on selling it ASAP.

Based in Dublin, would like to get a decent recommendation, had a look at the guys in Tesco car parks etc.. but don't have much confidence in them.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

hi all, can someone recommend someone in Dublin to deep clean a car. By that I mean really wash the carpets and scrub the dash, door cards and leather for me? Car is 32 years old and has a cream interior 😲. It deserves a proper scrubbing.

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Did you use Ultra shine in the end ? Good reviews on the website, I've asked them for paint protection quote.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Hi there,

I'm looking for a decent car wash in Dublin.

I've got some swirls and scrapes from cheap places so I want a good reputable place that hand washes with pro products etc.

Thanks

Platinum valeting/detailing in Coolock.

You can use their website to book car in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Lads, anyone recommend a good detailer on the Finglas / Glasnevin / Phibsboro area please ?

Janelle Speed Wash but no personal dealings with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Ozziej

Anyone recommend a decent car valet in west Dublin? Hoping to get a couple of light scratches buffed out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 eoneill

Hi folks.

Does anyone have any experiences of using JC Autocare in Dublin?

I've seen their posts on FB and seems to be good but I'd be interested in any knowledge from those on here.

Cheers, Thanks.

Eoin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Right here we go for some stupid questions that I have,

First one I assume a person who gets their car valet is that bringing it to someone who washes and cleans the car inside and out?

Second one what's car detailing ?

Third what's ceramic coating ?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭b4bmm

Hard to find out what work they do. Is it just exterior or do they do interior and engine bay also? The website doesn't provide any information.

Anybody used DMdetailing in Waterford, they look to be doing good work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Not stupid questions at all- I would like to know the same!

Im looking to get the new car waxed and/or a protective coat put on it- if that’s a thing.

Theres no right answer to this but in my opinion valeting is a wash & hover type of job, sub €150 etc and detailing is the more thorough element of it, washing but decontamination methods, removing wheels, steam cleaning interior ect and of course paint correction.

If your looking at getting a coating applied the cars paint will have to be decontaminated and painted corrected/polished and the level of correction will depend on how bad the swirls are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭Compudaro

Anyone used Premier Car Care in Bray? Looking for a Detailer close to me and found them online. premiercarcare.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Who are the best these days for paint correction and a ceramic coat in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭CathalC2011

@eoneill

JC is arguably the most accredited detailer in Ireland, to my knowledge. Certainly in the east coast anyway.

Most high end clients will strictly do their work with John. He does a lot of work for Deane Motors and more often that not has a Ferrari getting work done in the garage (see his Instagram for examples).

Having said that, he charges a LOT and in my opinion not worth the money for most cars. I went there once for stage 1 correction and gtechniq ceramic coating, and while he did a fantastic job, I could have gone anywhere else for half the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭CathalC2011

A valet is a fancy word for a deep clean. It usually implies significant work done on the interior too,.so dashboards, windows, carpets etc. Valets are usually tiered, so the more you pay the further they go.

Detailing usually refers to an exterior clean and polish, using stronger chemicals (for tar etc) and machine polishers. They will polish off a few microns of paint to remove swirls and other micro damages in the top layer of paint to reveal the original fresh color. Again, the more you pay the deeper they go. They'll use terms like 90% swirl removal, 95%, 99%.

Ceramic coating is the application of a microscopic later of a chemical substance which hardens and protects your car from UV damage, bird 💩 and other fun stuff. Most ceramic coatings have strong hydrophobic properties, which is what most customers buy it for. Anything containing water (including mud etc) will be unable to stick to the surface, and simply rolls off the paint. Makes washing (and especially drying) your car extremely easy, and satisfying .

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭oodles19

Can anyone recommend a hand car wash in Dublin City centre? Around the southside for preference, D6w/8/10/12, that kind of area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭User1998

Do you specifically want a safe two bucket wash? If so try Car Detail, Longmile Road.

Otherwise there are plenty of €10 hand washes around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4 Wezster

It's going great very very busy. Lots of happy customers. Ewocar Accredited installer and approved reseller of products now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dorotafb

FB Auto Detailing is Modesta Coatings installer and distributor, and also Aenso Car Care products distributor. Now operates at different premises:

Unit 1 Block D

Liosban Industrial Estate

Galway

H91NRK7

All details on www.fbdetailing.ie

Advertisement