Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Servcie mobility scheme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Conqueror

Skippette wrote: »
    When do ye think they will start making HEO/AO mobility offers?

The circular says end of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,589 ✭✭✭billyhead

How are movements made. Is it 1st come 1st served on the list i.e once you have completed your PMDS successfully. Do they not check for your experience or educational background.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Why would NSSO figures be so much higher than other Departments though? Surely you could say the same for a lot of staff in rural offices?

Could be the location too. It's in a tricky location if you have to rely on public transport compared to working in a city centre location.

When I was looking at mobility it was at single digit numbers if you wanted to move there. You'd nearly get a move straight away. But seeing that half the place wants a move would definitely put you off. I'm surprised things haven't got better there as they been going for quite a while now but I've seen examples were people are asked for sick notes etc months later. There always seems to be long delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,468 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

EB_2013 wrote: »
    Could be the location too. It's in a tricky location if you have to rely on public transport compared to working in a city centre location.
    That's true, though the flip side is that it seems to be the one of very few public sector offices with loads of parking available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

AP & PO mobility transitioning from email notification weekly over to PeoplePoint Portal from 29th March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Conqueror wrote: »
    The circular says end of May.

Anyone know if this is still on track to begin for the end of this month?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Conqueror

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Anyone know if this is still on track to begin for the end of this month?
    No idea, but the contact email is mobility@peoplepoint.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭griffid

Conqueror wrote: »
    No idea, but the contact email is mobility@peoplepoint.ie

I sent an email earlier this afternoon. No reply yet. They’ll be sick of us asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭griffid

Got this from Per Mobility today in response to my email:

Thank you for contacting HR Shared Services.
    It is scheduled that offer stage for Mobility at your grade will be launched at the end of May 2021 however a date has not yet been confirmed.

Any update on the launch date will be posted on the Civil Service Mobility page of the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform’s website .

If you require further clarification, you can respond to the Central Mobility Team at mobility@peoplepoint.ie .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Galwayhurl

I have 2 questions about mobility. (EO level)

1. If I'm in Dublin and I want to move to say, Cork, do I have to wait for someone in Cork to want to move to Dublin? i.e. a swap

2. How long of a wait is it usually. I know it depends vastly but is it possible to secure a move in 6 months or is more likely to be something like 2 years?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭doc22

Galwayhurl wrote: »
    I have 2 questions about mobility. (EO level)

1. If I'm in Dublin and I want to move to say, Cork, do I have to wait for someone in Cork to want to move to Dublin? i.e. a swap

2. How long of a wait is it usually. I know it depends vastly but is it possible to secure a move in 6 months or is more likely to be something like 2 years?

Thanks.

2 years before you can move, but at EO level an 8th of posts can be filled by mobility. Depending on say the age of existing EOs(retirements) at the place you want to move and your current place on panel you could be waiting FAR longer then 2years. If you where number 1 on mobility panel for an area/department you could be potentially 8th in line for EO role.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,589 ✭✭✭billyhead

griffid wrote: »

It is scheduled that offer stage for Mobility at your grade will be launched at the end of May 2021 however a date has not yet been confirmed.

Any update on the launch date will be posted on the Civil Service Mobility page of the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform’s website .

If you require further clarification, you can respond to the Central Mobility Team at mobility@peoplepoint.ie .

What grade are you griffid and how long would you expect in your opinion to wait for an offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Galwayhurl

doc22 wrote: »
    2 years before you can move, but at EO level an 8th of posts can be filled by mobility. Depending on say the age of existing EOs(retirements) at the place you want to move and your current place on panel you could be waiting FAR longer then 2years. If you where number 1 on mobility panel for an area/department you could be potentially 8th in line for EO role.

Right, that makes sense. Thanks very much for that.

griffid wrote: »

I emailed the union this morning to see if they had any further updates. If/when I get a response, I'll post it here.

No update from the union yet. I emailed Peoplepoint mobility and got this back:

Unfortunately we are still waiting on a confirmed date for offers to start from Mobility Policy in PER.

Things are on track for offers to start in the near future and when the date has been confirmed notification will issue out to all officers that have mobility applications.

More information about Civil Service Mobility can be found on the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform’s website.

For more information about HR Shared Services, please visit our website.

What's the definition of near future???? Finger's crossed everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭CZ 453

No update from the union yet. I emailed Peoplepoint mobility and got this back:

Unfortunately we are still waiting on a confirmed date for offers to start from Mobility Policy in PER.

Things are on track for offers to start in the near future and when the date has been confirmed notification will issue out to all officers that have mobility applications.

More information about Civil Service Mobility can be found on the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform’s website.

For more information about HR Shared Services, please visit our website.

What's the definition of near future???? Finger's crossed everyone!!

They'll make people wait till May 31st or May 32nd if your name is Stephen Donnelly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 The Third Policeman

Sounds like we're all mad for road. Hoping for an update next week. Will be interesting to see how fast it moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Sounds like we're all mad for road. Hoping for an update next week. Will be interesting to see how fast it moves.

All 1 way traffic out of Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 The Third Policeman

I reckon remote/blended working will take the emphasis out of Dublin as it is. Interesting to see if the next round of general recruitements will have the emphasis on choosing a location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭helen87

I have been recently offered mobility as a HEO from Dublin to the midlands, only applied last July so was surprised to get it so quick, starting my new role at the end of the month. there is hope out there for all of you!
    With working from home being such a huge success it does not make sense to keep people in Dublin for going iinto an offic for an odd day here or there.

helen87 wrote: »
    I have been recently offered mobility as a HEO from Dublin to the midlands, only applied last July so was surprised to get it so quick, starting my new role at the end of the month. there is hope out there for all of you!
    With working from home being such a huge success it does not make sense to keep people in Dublin for going iinto an offic for an odd day here or there.

Hi Helen, Congrats!! Is it from an internal panel that you got the transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭helen87

Hi Helen, Congrats!! Is it from an internal panel that you got the transfer?

yes i got an internal transfer, delighted !!

helen87 wrote: »
    yes i got an internal transfer, delighted !!

Delighted for you Helen.
    It breaks the rules, but I like to see employers looking after their own.
    Wish they all would!

Addle wrote: »
    Delighted for you Helen.
    It breaks the rules, but I like to see employers looking after their own.
    Wish they all would!

What rules mobility hasn't started?

doc22 wrote: »
    What rules mobility hasn't started?
    Internal transfers are stopped according to my HR.
    Mobility is supposed to be the only way to move.

Addle wrote: »
    Internal transfers are stopped according to my HR.
    Mobility is supposed to be the only way to move.

little difference if you were no1 on internal transfers you'd still be no1 on mobility, internals kept place/legacy dates. From EO mobility the old system stopped once offers began.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Does placing your request on hold still move you up but just skip over you when the time comes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Re internal mobility, it hasn't ceased. Location to location yes, but not within locations.

I was unaware, perhaps most of you are also (?), that under OPS2020 a commitment was made to publish an internal mobility policy in tandem with the launch of the Service Wide Mobility Scheme. Google 'Guidelines for Departmental Internal Mobility' and 'Letter to Personnel Officers from David Cagney re Departmental Internal Mobility Guidelines' (2017).

Anyone have an official Internal Mobility Policy, particularly as per those Guidelines, in their Dept?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

The Offer Stage of Phase 2A of the Civil Service Mobility scheme will go live on Tuesday 8th June 2021. This Phase facilitates Mobility within all Zones for the grades of Higher Executive Officer and Administrative Officer.

https://hr.per.gov.ie/career/civil-service-mobility/#

As it was for the EO scheme, internal location to location transfers don't stop until the placements begin. I transferred location to location a week after the EO scheme placements started. My transfer was signed off on after the application stage but 3 months before the placements started. No rules are being broken in this scenario.

Advertisement