Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-10-2018, 16:05   #1
Kermit.de.frog

Graham Linehan given police warning for "transphobia"

https://www.independent.ie/entertain...-37393122.html

Seems a bit ridiculous?

Quote:
Linehan, who lives in Norfolk, has tweeted calling her Stephanie/Tony/Steven”, references to her former names.
Advertisement
07-10-2018, 16:06   #2
Outlaw Pete

Very Frankensteinesque.
07-10-2018, 16:07   #3
RobertKK

A person could be called far worse.
(3) thanks from:
07-10-2018, 16:12   #4
Kermit.de.frog

What is "deadnaming"?

edit:

https://www.healthline.com/health/tr...der/deadnaming
07-10-2018, 16:15   #5
Gimme A Pound

He's one of those "be tolerant and liberal and open-minded or I'll punch you" types and then does a u-turn re trans folk (in accordance with the TERF - trans exclusionary radical feminist - agenda; he is weirdly radical feminist and refers to trans men as self loathing - le irony). Personally I think he seems like a prick on both counts.

It's mad that the police are entertaining this stuff though. It should be a Twitter matter imo, not a police matter.

Last edited by Gimme A Pound; 07-10-2018 at 16:48.
(73) thanks from:
1800_Ladladlad, 2smiggy, aaakev, Afro Turner, ahnowbrowncow, alchemist33, Assetbacked, Atoms for Peace, Beechwoodspark, Billy86, blue note, Calhoun, Canis Lupus, cantdecide, Cartroubles, Christy Browne, cisk, claiomh solais, CrankyHaus, DaaaaaaaaaaN, Danzy, DareGod, DavidLyons_, deceit, dfx-, Dr_serious2, enfant terrible, eviltwin, Former Observer, ginandtonicsky, Glico Man, Hector Savage, HoggyRS, Itineoman, JCX BXC, Laphroaig52, LeinsterDub, ligerdub, Lil Sally Anne Jnr., morebarn2, Murray TheDemonic TalkingSkull, needwater, Niles Crane, Outlaw Pete, Owl., pauliebdub, Penny Tration, Pero_Bueno, PopePalpatine, P_1, RDM_83 again, Roger Hassenforder, sdanseo, ShaneC93, Skid X, Snake Plisken, Stark, storker, Sugar Free, Tabnabs, Taco Chips, take everything, TaosHum, terryduff12, the world wonders, TheDavester, The_Kew_Tour, Ulysses Gaze, Ush1, VonZan, Wibbs, WinnyThePoo, Zadkiel
Advertisement
07-10-2018, 16:19   #6
suicide_circus

they're eating each other.

Will he be sent to the gulag or get away with some light electroshock therapy?
07-10-2018, 16:20   #7
Dale Doback

The world has gone to sh1t.
07-10-2018, 16:21   #8
ceadaoin.

The reason he gave the former names was to expose this persons past where they were claiming to be a lawyer and defrauding people. Also, the person had previously been harrassing linehan and had threatened to publish the address of his wifes business online. What did she hope would happen with that information being made public amonst the TRA extremists?

It's ridiculous that the police are getting involved in Twitter spats. What a waste of time and funds.

Last edited by ceadaoin.; 07-10-2018 at 18:39.
07-10-2018, 16:23   #9
One eyed Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit.de.frog View Post
Seems a bit ridiculous?

There are a few things are ridiculous about it - the first of which is that someone would feel the need to harass another person on social media, the second is that someone would have to make a complaint to the authorities against someone for harassment in order for them to be told to stop. The third thing is of course that an adult has to be told to stop harassing people on social media.
Advertisement
07-10-2018, 16:25   #10
Yer Da sells Avon

Good enough for him, the prick. Maybe he'll be more careful now, turn himself off and on again, etc.

That said, his accuser seems like a massive cry-bully. There was a pair of them in it.
07-10-2018, 16:44   #11
Gatling

Plebtards
07-10-2018, 17:22   #12
ceadaoin.

I wonder how many police hours this person has wasted. She sounds like the bully tbh, not linehan.

Quote:
The creator of Father Ted is embroiled in a row with a transgender activist, who allegedly published online several addresses linked to his family in an attempt to “shut him up”.

Graham Linehan, the Bafta award-winning comedy writer, said he would not stop voicing his concerns in the debate over transgender rights, after personal details and addresses linked to his wife’s company were tweeted by Stephanie Hayden, an activist with a history of threatening Twitter users with legal action, and reporting them to police if they disagree with her views on gender. Publishing such details online is known as doxxing.

This week she reported Mr Linehan to Norfolk constabulary for “transphobic harassment”, after he shared a post with his 672,000 followers that included details of Ms Hayden’s various aliases, examples of her conduct online and financial history. The scriptwriter said he shared the details because he believed Ms Hayden to be “a dangerous troll. I believe it’s important to shine a light on people like that because they are harming women and transwomen”.

Ms Hayden, 45, an activist from Leeds previously known as Tony Halliday and Steven Hayden, claims to be a lawyer but is not recognised by any professional legal body.

She has previously accused Sussex University of being a “temple of transgender hate” and supported the campaign to oust female academics if they challenged transgender orthodoxy. She was also among the activists who pressurised a billboard company this week to remove a poster in Liverpool, which said the dictionary definition of “woman” was an “adult human female” because it was offensive.

When a transsexual solicitor challenged Ms Hayden, who graduated with a law degree from Birkbeck, University of London, to prove her professional credentials, she made allegations of hate crime to West Yorkshire Police.

Mr Linehan, 50, claimed Ms Hayden posted details of his wife’s company, and published them online, in retaliation for sharing details of her background.

“Hayden was trying to shut me up by attacking my wife,” he said. “The only thing the extremists will accept in this conversation is complete capitulation but I won’t stop talking about this.

“There’s this unquestioning reverence for anyone who says they are transgender, but this unquestioning loyalty is really dangerous. Once people start silencing views, they start thinking they can get away with anything. This time, Stephanie has overreached.”
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/father-ted-writer-graham-linehan-says-the-trans-activist-stephanie-hayden-is-dangerous-troll-6pwrg9p68
07-10-2018, 18:30   #13
wexie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme A Pound View Post
It's mad that the police are entertaining this stuff though. It should be a Twitter matter imo, not a police matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceadaoin. View Post
It's ridiculous that the police are getting involved in Twitter spats. What a waste of time and funds.
I was reading that earlier and those were more or less my thoughts. Sounds like there's a dick and a twat involved there but I didn't think either of those used to be police business.

I'm sure the cops were delighted to be dealing with this.
Thanks from:
07-10-2018, 18:32   #14
The Rape of Lucretia

Can people really be held responsible for their phobias ? An irrational fear or aversion ?
Thanks from:
07-10-2018, 18:32   #15
wexie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceadaoin. View Post
I wonder how many police hours this person has wasted. She sounds like the bully tbh, not linehan.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/f...roll-6pwrg9p68
Can't read the whole article but this line stood out from the bit I can read

Quote:
were tweeted by Stephanie Hayden, an activist with a history of threatening Twitter users with legal action, and reporting them to police if they disagree with her views on gender.
as the kids say these days : I can't even

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion