Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New home sale in Rathborne, Ashtown, Dublin 15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭elainers

nmeg wrote: »
    Just requested to Join the group, that was a great idea to set up.

Interesting to see phase 2 is for sale early 2018, potentially meaning show houses could be built in the next 2/3 months. Great for us to see the spec/finish of the house.

Might be worthwhile taking a look at the website for this one: http://www.graceparkwood.ie/. It's also Castlethorne albeit a higher finish to the houses. Some of their layouts are similar to ours and they have a 3D tour for certain house types.

The Elm seems to be roughly the same size and layout as House Type 1. Obviously bear in mind, you'll get concrete floors, no light fixtures or furniture when you move in so it'll be a tad different to a higher end, snazzily decorated show house. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nmeg

elainers wrote: »
    Might be worthwhile taking a look at the website for this one: http://www.graceparkwood.ie/. It's also Castlethorne albeit a higher finish to the houses. Some of their layouts are similar to ours and they have a 3D tour for certain house types.

The Elm seems to be roughly the same size and layout as House Type 1. Obviously bear in mind, you'll get concrete floors, no light fixtures or furniture when you move in so it'll be a tad different to a higher end, snazzily decorated show house. :o

I saw this and its pretty much the same finish as the Adamstown development 3 Bed Mid-Terrace house. The same kitchen and tiling, which could suggest the finish for these type of houses is very similar. I was told when in Adamstown, that Castlethorn developments generally keep the same finish throughout each house type, and the price is purely location. I suppose we will see what we get given soon.

nmeg wrote: »
    I saw this and its pretty much the same finish as the Adamstown development 3 Bed Mid-Terrace house. The same kitchen and tiling, which could suggest the finish for these type of houses is very similar. I was told when in Adamstown, that Castlethorn developments generally keep the same finish throughout each house type, and the price is purely location. I suppose we will see what we get given soon.

I'd agree with you based on viewing St. Helen's and Grace Park but the Grace Park brochure does call out choices of branded tiles, paint choices, oak staircases and wood kitchens, etc. which isn't in the Rathborne Park brochure. I don't want to set anyone up for disappointment if ours don't look as fancy when built! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Daithon

I chatted to Savills agent at the Grace park show houses and they were saying that Rathborne Park spec is in between Grace Park and St Helens

Have many others returned contracts and paid deposit yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Casa2

Hi,

I have posted some pics from the site progress on the Rathborne and RCP facebook group if someone is curious to see it :-)

They are moving fast now. It was a mess few weeks ago and today I saw 5 trucks working on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 toberlion

suci2016 wrote: »
    We’ve been advised that in order to avail of white goods contracts have to be returned tomorrow, Thursday 21st and no further extension will be granted.

Our solicitor is waiting for the final amended wording but advised that they at a point where we will not be getting anything further on points queried as per the below points:

1. Conditions for loan approval are still very tight, 6 days.

2. NAMA release letter - the undertaking is weak on this but are advised they are currently issuing these quite quickly at present.

3. Nothing further to be added to the specification. We have asked to add the brochure to the contract as it has a little more detail but that’s about it on this point.

4. Their solicitor is awaiting clients instructions on wording relating to the potential of insolvency ie we would still need to pay for work done to the date the contractor became insolvent. Very unlikely in the current market.

Anyone else hear anything further or sign?

For the record we have been advised that the white goods include: electric hob, electric oven, integrated dishwasher, fridge freezer, washer/dryer.
    The 6 day condition for loan approval.. Could you explain what has to happen in this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 shaila

Hi,

Could anybody let me know what was the price for the 4 bed detached house in the last release which was in September 2017.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 23 suci2016

toberlion wrote: »
    The 6 day condition for loan approval.. Could you explain what has to happen in this time?

Essentially you will have 6 days to draw down your mortgage from the date of completion. This means the banks valuation surveyor will need to inspect and measure the completed property and report back to the bank. This step doesn’t take long but the bank may not act as fast once in receipt of the report. So the 6 days is tight. However I have heard that this wasn’t an issue on other Castlethorn sites but it’s still a slight risk if it was to be enforced.

shaila wrote: »
    Hi,

Could anybody let me know what was the price for the 4 bed detached house in the last release which was in September 2017.

Thanks in advance

I believe they were going for between €410-€415,000 depending on placement on the estate.

• Advertisement

shaila wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks in advance

what you been quoted for them now?

How is everyone getting on with contracts, those who haven’t signed yet?

Our solicitor is returning signed contracts tomorrow. They weren’t budging on

1. the loan approval timeline of 6 days (I have heard this was similar on other estates but wasn’t an issue)

2. NALM (NAMA) release letter (again similar to other estates and wasn’t a major issue)

3. Spec - they wouldn’t even add the brochure to the contract but have comfort in the fact their a reputable builder and other developments are finished to a good standard

They did amend the condition regarding insolvency which satisfies our solicitor but again only a minor point.

Only other issue is they have refused a declaration of identity but think we’ll get our architect to check boundary lines etc when carrying out the snagging.

From speaking to Savills I understand completion dates have moved to end of April/early May and then snagging there after (probably a month) so move in date as it stands would be June. We were initially told March completion date. Also advised that timber frames arriving this month.

From what I saw on site, from a glance, foundations were going in, for the show houses at least, hardcore was down for the roadways through part of the first phase and blocks were placed in locations where houses are due constructed. I think over the next couple weeks we’ll see structures coming out of the ground.

Anything else I hear I’ll let you know.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 32 shaila

@Daithon : Was looking for the Detached in the next phase so just wanted to know for information.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 toberlion

Thanks Suci,

Thanks for the update. Yeah, I live nearby and was surprised at the progress this month.
    Look like there's a push on.

We haven't signed yet but hope to over the next couple of weeks. Much the same queries and responses
    as you and others on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TheSpinmaster

Has anyone had contracts returned yet?

Has anyone had contracts returned yet?

Nothing back here and no updates given on likely timeframe

• Advertisement

Daithon wrote: »
    Nothing back here and no updates given on likely timeframe

They just confirmed receipt of our signed contracts and that white goods would be included, no sign of countersigned contracts being returned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Hi folks, when the new home sale launched, and you placed your booking deposit on your house – how did the process work exactly? Do you just show up for the showhouses and look to speak with someone from Savills? Or is there an office that you queue up at?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭palance

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    Hi folks, when the new home sale launched, and you placed your booking deposit on your house – how did the process work exactly? Do you just show up for the showhouses and look to speak with someone from Savills? Or is there an office that you queue up at?

Savills had set up a temporary office across from the Supervalu in Rathborne. There was a bit of a queue when we arrived but not too bad. They wanted proof of mortgage approval - we had a phone screenshot of the letter from the bank - and a refundable booking deposit of €5k which could be transferred on the next working day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

palance wrote: »
    Savills had set up a temporary office across from the Supervalu in Rathborne. There was a bit of a queue when we arrived but not too bad. They wanted proof of mortgage approval - we had a phone screenshot of the letter from the bank - and a refundable booking deposit of €5k which could be transferred on the next working day.

So did you just turn up on the Saturday morning and queued up?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭palance

Yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 LorenzP

Daithon wrote: »
    I was having a look thru the planning application on the DCC website and there is a good dimensioned House Type 1 in the pack. Although, the Type 1A/ 1B with/ without utility seems to be reversed, and the area is 107.8 as opposed to 106 in the brochure (haven't looked for other house types as I went for Type 1)

The PDF file has a couple of pages to it, and the Type 1 without utility was on Pg 2 of 4

Hi Daithon, could you please tell me where to check all of the above? (link seems expired)

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

People had starting queuing up on the Wednesday...Savills gave them a number for their queue position and sent them home.

Same happened on Thurs/Fri

Saturday morning at opening Savills asked anyone with a number to get in their position in the queue, people were then let in according to their position.

Hi all, we have recently received the contract and we are going through it in these days.

My main concern is the lack of any even vague indication of square meters for both the house (mainly) and the garden.

May I ask if anybody got any clarification (legal or general) of any kind, on the subject?

Thank you in advance.

LorenzP wrote: »
    Hi Daithon, could you please tell me where to check all of the above? (link seems expired)

Thank you

I haven't looked for an updated link. you woukd need to search the DCC planning online data base

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nhd

Hi LorenzP,

The real estate agent (Savills) may help with getting some approximate measurements - as far as I've heard they will not be added to the contract.

Cheers

nhd wrote: »
    Hi LorenzP,

The real estate agent (Savills) may help with getting some approximate measurements - as far as I've heard they will not be added to the contract.

Cheers

Thank you, I have actually found on the City Council website the house plans, and I am happy enough with the measures I saw there and the level of details.

Let's see what my solicitor will hear back from them, for now.

PS: I would post it here, but being a new user I am not allowed to, apparently.

LorenzP wrote: »
    Thank you, I have actually found on the City Council website the house plans, and I am happy enough with the measures I saw there and the level of details.

Let's see what my solicitor will hear back from them, for now.

PS: I would post it here, but being a new user I am not allowed to, apparently.

Did you get a cancellation in phase one ?
    Don't be surprised when the solicitors refuse to let you include the house plan or dimensions in the contract, it's complete madness butvwe are all in the same position.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 SullDog

Just wondering if anyone might have any information on the expected pricing for Phase 2? Been looking online and from what I can see the/some 3 bedroom houses in Phase 1 were around the 320k mark? Any idea of the price increase for Phase 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 SullDog

SullDog wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone might have any information on the expected pricing for Phase 2? Been looking online and from what I can see the/some 3 bedroom houses in Phase 1 were around the 320k mark? Any idea of the price increase for Phase 2?

Sorry guys probably should have asked if there is a general price increase for each phase or is it based on the demand of the development? Will I just have to hold on and await the release of Phase 2 to find out? How long in advance were the Phase 1 prices released?

SullDog wrote: »
    Sorry guys probably should have asked if there is a general price increase for each phase or is it based on the demand of the development? Will I just have to hold on and await the release of Phase 2 to find out? How long in advance were the Phase 1 prices released?

Beyond the ad having "from 320k" prices were released the morning they went on sale in the first phase. I don't think anybody bar Savilles or Castlethorn are going to be able to tell you what's going to happen in phase 2 pricing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭wyliecoyote1

Hi,

Does anyone know if the type 6 houses include the garage in the floor area. It has a floor area of 103m2.

Im thinking that is does not because it looks like there is no outside parking with this type

When comparing with the type 1 house, the living spaces seem to be the same size as well as the kitchens.

Regards

Does anyone know if the type 6 houses include the garage in the floor area. It has a floor area of 103m2.

Garage is not included in the 103

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭wyliecoyote1

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Garage is not included in the 103

Any idea why these were cheaper in the first phase compared with type 6 other than the fact it’s 3m2 smaller.

Would these be seen as better value ?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

If anyone here has bought house type 4 or 6 (double-fronted 3 bed) could you tell me where the radiator is in the kitchen/dining area. Interior or exterior wall? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Preeti25

Hello - For Anybody who has bought a house in Rathborne park or already living in Ashtown area , I need your help. I am considering to buy house there but i heard from few friends that Ashtown area does not have any after school facilities. There is a Giraffe childcare but they don't have after school facility. I am curious to know how are families with both parents working are managing and what are options for after school child care? Thank You!

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    If anyone here has bought house type 4 or 6 (double-fronted 3 bed) could you tell me where the radiator is in the kitchen/dining area. Interior or exterior wall? Thanks!

im a type 1 but I don't think anyone will be able to answer this yet as the show houses are not built yet, and the details in the contract packs are sparse to say the least ... practically no details of spec , finish or layout confirmations to date

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mikehene

Ronaldinho wrote: »

House types 3 & 5 are the double fronted houses. We went to see house type 3 show house in drumcondra and the radiators where on the exterior wall facing the utility room if that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mikehene

Hi, just wondering if anyone had the foremans details? Like name and telephone number?

PM me please

Thanks

Phase 2 launching this weekend

3 bed from €355,000
    4 bed from €460,000

That's a €35k uplift from Phase 1 prices.

Demand must be mental inside the M50 right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Mo747

I'm considering buying in phase two however I am a bit concerned as I cant understand why they are so much cheaper than royal canal development? like what is the reason for this, have they skimped on stuff? such as the one parking place and no option to buy a second. what is the area like, seems to lack a sense of community with all the apartments?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 n1ckymar1e

Mo747 wrote: »
    I'm considering buying in phase two however I am a bit concerned as I cant understand why they are so much cheaper than royal canal development? like what is the reason for this, have they skimped on stuff? such as the one parking place and no option to buy a second. what is the area like, seems to lack a sense of community with all the apartments?

The one main thing I can see is the square footage for houses is smaller at Rathbourne than RCP (Im specifically referencing the 4 bed in Rathbourne vs any of the 4 beds in RCP). but your buying a second phase not 6th or so such as RCP, which is more established.

We will really only know the quality when they allow access to the show homes to compare more.

True and valid point, although wasn’t it phase 2 in royal canal that sold last sept or oct which started at 395. I suppose rathborne also has management fees so kinda explains price difference. Any thoughts on the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭climber59

I've lived in both Royal Canal Park and Rathborne for the last 8 years. It's a really lovely place to live - access to the city, the canal, the park. The village has everything you need. There is a definite lack of community mostly because so many people rent I assume (me included) but it's what you make of it. There is a community association and you can get involved there. Plus new neighbours all moving in together will create some sense of community. There is a bit of antisocial behaviour - mostly scrambler bikes and a lot of bicycle robberies but no more so that any place in Dublin these days.

Like someone said earlier this is only the second phase so they can only increase the price so much. The last phase of RCP was one of the last ones so it was bound to be more expensive. There might be a difference in spec but I can't imagine it being that much. I've watched them being built from my apartment for the last few months and it all looks good - not that I know anything about construction!

We bought a few months ago in Somerton, Lucan also built by Castlethorn. They seem to be pretty much the same houses albeit the ones in Lucan are a bit bigger. We were very impressed with the show houses - I'm sure you will be with these too.

Just FYI, there was a queue for these last time a couple of days before (as there was at our ones in Lucan) so if you do want one get there early!

Thanks a mill for all the info! Good to know..and all sounds positive!
    In relation to queuing they said anyone who queues won’t be given tickets and will be told to go home as it’s a live site!?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭climber59

Yeah so we were told that as well but we ended up queuing outside the EA's office in Lucan from 9am on the Friday morning (they told us we could that morning after we rang them). They eventually gave out tickets at 5pm. We were first there on Friday but we were number 17. There were 16 other people who had queued at various times over the previous few days and they were told to come back at 5pm on Friday and they gave the tickets out in order.

It's really really hard to know what to do. We just kept driving by to see what was going on. A good few queues formed and were broken up over the previous days by the site foreman. Every phase is different but my only advice is to stay on Savills for the next couple of days. It wouldn't surprise me if people ended up queuing at the old sales office in the village. Either way I guarantee someone will queue somewhere!

Good luck with it!

• Advertisement

Thanks for letting me know!!! And yea I’d say your right, clearly just telling people that In the hope they’d listen! Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

On the sense of community, if you buy/have kids or go looking for it there's a decent community here.

With kids, there are two (lovely) playgrounds and you'll be there every day seeing the same faces. Almost everyone from the creches (and school I assume) lives locally so you see them about and get to know each other if you want to. There's a toddler group too.

All new build developments you'll get to know your neighbours unless you don't want to.

And even if neither applies to you There's things like lots of local businesses, a park run nearby, a mini dog park on the canal, a food market in Saturday's half an hour away and community associations that you can use to start getting to know people

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Wikidy

I agree, it has a great community feel for young families. There is lots to do, with the 2 playgrounds, parks and shops all within walking distance.

Phase 1 of any development is always a leap of faith if buying of plans. As posters have previously said, the houses are based on previous established Castlethorn designs.

There seems to be more 3 beds in the plans with 4 bed houses on each corner of a block (in phase 1 anyway).

Thanks that does sound v family orientated and plenty of amenities around. I’ve heard that they are building a Lidl or aldi also?

Mo747 wrote:
    Thanks that does sound v family orientated and plenty of amenities around. I’ve heard that they are building a Lidl or aldi also?

Aldi being built down in the Royal Canal Park development. Not sure when it is expected to open though

• Advertisement
Advertisement