Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New home sale in Rathborne, Ashtown, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 suci2016

How is everyone getting on with contracts, those who haven’t signed yet?

Our solicitor is returning signed contracts tomorrow. They weren’t budging on

1. the loan approval timeline of 6 days (I have heard this was similar on other estates but wasn’t an issue)

2. NALM (NAMA) release letter (again similar to other estates and wasn’t a major issue)

3. Spec - they wouldn’t even add the brochure to the contract but have comfort in the fact their a reputable builder and other developments are finished to a good standard

They did amend the condition regarding insolvency which satisfies our solicitor but again only a minor point.

Only other issue is they have refused a declaration of identity but think we’ll get our architect to check boundary lines etc when carrying out the snagging.

From speaking to Savills I understand completion dates have moved to end of April/early May and then snagging there after (probably a month) so move in date as it stands would be June. We were initially told March completion date. Also advised that timber frames arriving this month.

From what I saw on site, from a glance, foundations were going in, for the show houses at least, hardcore was down for the roadways through part of the first phase and blocks were placed in locations where houses are due constructed. I think over the next couple weeks we’ll see structures coming out of the ground.

Anything else I hear I’ll let you know.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 32 shaila

@Daithon : Was looking for the Detached in the next phase so just wanted to know for information.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 toberlion

Thanks Suci,

Thanks for the update. Yeah, I live nearby and was surprised at the progress this month.
    Look like there's a push on.

We haven't signed yet but hope to over the next couple of weeks. Much the same queries and responses
    as you and others on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TheSpinmaster

Has anyone had contracts returned yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Daithon

Has anyone had contracts returned yet?

Nothing back here and no updates given on likely timeframe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 suci2016

Daithon wrote: »
    Nothing back here and no updates given on likely timeframe

They just confirmed receipt of our signed contracts and that white goods would be included, no sign of countersigned contracts being returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Hi folks, when the new home sale launched, and you placed your booking deposit on your house – how did the process work exactly? Do you just show up for the showhouses and look to speak with someone from Savills? Or is there an office that you queue up at?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭palance

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    Hi folks, when the new home sale launched, and you placed your booking deposit on your house – how did the process work exactly? Do you just show up for the showhouses and look to speak with someone from Savills? Or is there an office that you queue up at?

Savills had set up a temporary office across from the Supervalu in Rathborne. There was a bit of a queue when we arrived but not too bad. They wanted proof of mortgage approval - we had a phone screenshot of the letter from the bank - and a refundable booking deposit of €5k which could be transferred on the next working day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

palance wrote: »
    Savills had set up a temporary office across from the Supervalu in Rathborne. There was a bit of a queue when we arrived but not too bad. They wanted proof of mortgage approval - we had a phone screenshot of the letter from the bank - and a refundable booking deposit of €5k which could be transferred on the next working day.

So did you just turn up on the Saturday morning and queued up?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭palance

Yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 LorenzP

Daithon wrote: »
    I was having a look thru the planning application on the DCC website and there is a good dimensioned House Type 1 in the pack. Although, the Type 1A/ 1B with/ without utility seems to be reversed, and the area is 107.8 as opposed to 106 in the brochure (haven't looked for other house types as I went for Type 1)

The PDF file has a couple of pages to it, and the Type 1 without utility was on Pg 2 of 4

Hi Daithon, could you please tell me where to check all of the above? (link seems expired)

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

People had starting queuing up on the Wednesday...Savills gave them a number for their queue position and sent them home.

Same happened on Thurs/Fri

Saturday morning at opening Savills asked anyone with a number to get in their position in the queue, people were then let in according to their position.

Hi all, we have recently received the contract and we are going through it in these days.

My main concern is the lack of any even vague indication of square meters for both the house (mainly) and the garden.

May I ask if anybody got any clarification (legal or general) of any kind, on the subject?

Thank you in advance.

LorenzP wrote: »
    Hi Daithon, could you please tell me where to check all of the above? (link seems expired)

Thank you

I haven't looked for an updated link. you woukd need to search the DCC planning online data base

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nhd

Hi LorenzP,

The real estate agent (Savills) may help with getting some approximate measurements - as far as I've heard they will not be added to the contract.

Cheers

nhd wrote: »
    Hi LorenzP,

The real estate agent (Savills) may help with getting some approximate measurements - as far as I've heard they will not be added to the contract.

Cheers

Thank you, I have actually found on the City Council website the house plans, and I am happy enough with the measures I saw there and the level of details.

Let's see what my solicitor will hear back from them, for now.

PS: I would post it here, but being a new user I am not allowed to, apparently.

LorenzP wrote: »
    Thank you, I have actually found on the City Council website the house plans, and I am happy enough with the measures I saw there and the level of details.

Let's see what my solicitor will hear back from them, for now.

PS: I would post it here, but being a new user I am not allowed to, apparently.

Did you get a cancellation in phase one ?
    Don't be surprised when the solicitors refuse to let you include the house plan or dimensions in the contract, it's complete madness butvwe are all in the same position.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 SullDog

Just wondering if anyone might have any information on the expected pricing for Phase 2? Been looking online and from what I can see the/some 3 bedroom houses in Phase 1 were around the 320k mark? Any idea of the price increase for Phase 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 SullDog

SullDog wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone might have any information on the expected pricing for Phase 2? Been looking online and from what I can see the/some 3 bedroom houses in Phase 1 were around the 320k mark? Any idea of the price increase for Phase 2?

Sorry guys probably should have asked if there is a general price increase for each phase or is it based on the demand of the development? Will I just have to hold on and await the release of Phase 2 to find out? How long in advance were the Phase 1 prices released?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭elainers

SullDog wrote: »
    Sorry guys probably should have asked if there is a general price increase for each phase or is it based on the demand of the development? Will I just have to hold on and await the release of Phase 2 to find out? How long in advance were the Phase 1 prices released?

Beyond the ad having "from 320k" prices were released the morning they went on sale in the first phase. I don't think anybody bar Savilles or Castlethorn are going to be able to tell you what's going to happen in phase 2 pricing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭wyliecoyote1

Hi,

Does anyone know if the type 6 houses include the garage in the floor area. It has a floor area of 103m2.

Im thinking that is does not because it looks like there is no outside parking with this type

When comparing with the type 1 house, the living spaces seem to be the same size as well as the kitchens.

Regards

Does anyone know if the type 6 houses include the garage in the floor area. It has a floor area of 103m2.

Garage is not included in the 103

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭wyliecoyote1

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Garage is not included in the 103

Any idea why these were cheaper in the first phase compared with type 6 other than the fact it’s 3m2 smaller.

Would these be seen as better value ?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

If anyone here has bought house type 4 or 6 (double-fronted 3 bed) could you tell me where the radiator is in the kitchen/dining area. Interior or exterior wall? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Preeti25

Hello - For Anybody who has bought a house in Rathborne park or already living in Ashtown area , I need your help. I am considering to buy house there but i heard from few friends that Ashtown area does not have any after school facilities. There is a Giraffe childcare but they don't have after school facility. I am curious to know how are families with both parents working are managing and what are options for after school child care? Thank You!

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    If anyone here has bought house type 4 or 6 (double-fronted 3 bed) could you tell me where the radiator is in the kitchen/dining area. Interior or exterior wall? Thanks!

im a type 1 but I don't think anyone will be able to answer this yet as the show houses are not built yet, and the details in the contract packs are sparse to say the least ... practically no details of spec , finish or layout confirmations to date

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mikehene

Ronaldinho wrote: »

House types 3 & 5 are the double fronted houses. We went to see house type 3 show house in drumcondra and the radiators where on the exterior wall facing the utility room if that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mikehene

Hi, just wondering if anyone had the foremans details? Like name and telephone number?

PM me please

Thanks

Phase 2 launching this weekend

3 bed from €355,000
    4 bed from €460,000

That's a €35k uplift from Phase 1 prices.

Demand must be mental inside the M50 right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Mo747

I'm considering buying in phase two however I am a bit concerned as I cant understand why they are so much cheaper than royal canal development? like what is the reason for this, have they skimped on stuff? such as the one parking place and no option to buy a second. what is the area like, seems to lack a sense of community with all the apartments?

Advertisement