Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New home sale in Rathborne, Ashtown, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 a523504

Can anyone tell me the prices for the 3 beds?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mikehene

a523504 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me the prices for the 3 beds?

Ranged from €325k to €365k dependant on house style, size and direction garden was facing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

myshirt wrote: »
    Price doesn't seem to reflect they are timber frame.

Property valuation came back confirming timber frame

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Property valuation came back confirming timber frame

I wouldn't expect much of a difference between block or timer frame construction to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mikehene

Anyone receive a contract yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭elainers

mikehene wrote: »
    Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nmeg

Nothing as yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 suci2016

Nothing either.....

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Daithon

Iv put a deposit down on a Type 1 off Pellestown Avenue. As of yet no word on the contracts from my solicitor.

We have walked the show houses in Adamstown which are pretty similar (slightly bigger and minor differences inside) but it gave a good idea of the finished product. looked very good there.

Daithon wrote: »
    Iv put a deposit down on a Type 1 off Pellestown Avenue. As of yet no word on the contracts from my solicitor.

We have walked the show houses in Adamstown which are pretty similar (slightly bigger and minor differences inside) but it gave a good idea of the finished product. looked very good there.

@Daithon can you share the details for the show house in Adamstown?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭palance

I think it's these:
    http://www.daft.ie/dublin/new-homes-for-sale/st-helens-adamstown-dublin-82209/

I went out twice to take a look as I was told they'll be 99% the same as Rathborne - they are of decent quality.

St Helens in Adamstow , the link in the post above is the same development. I think they might have stopped now though.

We went out doe a spin to St Helen's today. I was not overly impressed with the colour of the brick. Do we know if this is going to be the same in Rathborne park?

We went out doe a spin to St Helen's today. I was not overly impressed with the colour of the brick. Do we know if this is going to be the same in Rathborne park?

the brochure for Rathborne Park has a light coloured brick doesn't it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Elendil88

Hi everyone,

I have followed up with Savills on the contracts and was informed that 'Contracts are issued by the Developers Solicitor direct to your Solicitor and Castlethorn told that they were due to go out last week. '.
    Does anyone know the Developers' Solicitor and if we can follow-up with them? or anyone heard any news from their solicitors?

Thank you

Byrne Wallace are listed as the solicitors on the Rathborne Park Brochure.

Iv sent off a number of extra queries to the Developers also.

when is construction going to start? and any date for phase 2 signup yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 rdoyle16

when is construction going to start? and any date for phase 2 signup yet?
    Construction due to start in November.

I'd imagine Phase 2 will come online pretty soon after Phase 1 given the demand and the fact they have planning for the full build out.

I'd say once the first set of Phase 1 houses are handed over they will likely look to start signing people up for Phase 2. So prob April / May next year?

FYI - latest update from Savills received this morning....

"I received an update from Castlethorn this morning, they had a meeting with architects on Wednesday confirming last comments on the drawings and are pushing to get contracts out by the end of next week.

I will send you a confirmation email once they have been sent."

I got a type 1 yesterday due to cancellation. I called at a lucky time. Does anyone have a realistic time frame that I can expect to move in by?

• Advertisement

a523504 wrote:
    I got a type 1 yesterday due to cancellation. I called at a lucky time. Does anyone have a realistic time frame that I can expect to move in by?

Be happy to be in by this time next year to be honest...site is untouched

Has anyone taken a look around the Grace Park Wood development launched by castlethorn this past weekend ?

"The Elm" seems to be identical layout and size to the House Type 1A (with utility) from Rathborne Park. There was no equivalent 1B, but it was good to get a sense of the space upstairs.

One query I've had was on the shelf at the end of the bath... if you're taps and shower head was at that end (like in St Helans) it's impossible to fit a bath screen

Rumours are the contracts were finalised on Friday last and due to be sent out early this week. Wouldn’t hold my breath but hopefully this weeks the week!

Still no sign of activity on site yet (as of this morning) but still being advised that works are to commence this month.

Will keep you updated if our solicitor receives anything.

Cheers

suci2016 wrote: »
    Rumours are the contracts were finalised on Friday last and due to be sent out early this week. Wouldn’t hold my breath but hopefully this weeks the week!

Still no sign of activity on site yet (as of this morning) but still being advised that works are to commence this month.

Will keep you updated if our solicitor receives anything.

Cheers

Was that advice from Savills?

We were told by Savills this morning that Castlethorn were still waiting on final drawings from Architect prior to their solicitor finalising contracts, which are to be issued this week.

Unfortunately this is the same advice we have received each week for past 3 weeks!!

Fingers crossed they will be out this week, but I won't get over excited until I see them!!

rdoyle16 wrote: »
    Was that advice from Savills?

We were told by Savills this morning that Castlethorn were still waiting on final drawings from Architect prior to their solicitor finalising contracts, which are to be issued this week.

Unfortunately this is the same advice we have received each week for past 3 weeks!!

Fingers crossed they will be out this week, but I won't get over excited until I see them!!

This is what Savills advised this afternoon but I’ll take it with a pinch of salt going on previous similar promises. Won’t be holding my breath anyway.

I’d rather they just start on site to be honest to prevent further delays down the line. Contracts don’t need to be signed to start Phase 1 so sooner they’re on site the better!

The wait continues....

suci2016 wrote:
    I’d rather they just start on site to be honest to prevent further delays down the line. Contracts don’t need to be signed to start Phase 1 so sooner they’re on site the better!

Couldn't agree more I know folks who signed contracts in Alderlie build in Dec and didn't move in until Aug..bear in mind there were foundations in the ground when they signed there contracts. Rathborne Park is going to be a tedious long long wait for keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nmeg

So just been informed the contracts are on there way out to the Solicitors as of today. I'm sure one way or another we'll find out for sure by Friday.

Our solicitor just confirmed they have received contracts today so that’s good news, finally!

Has anyone else's solicitor received contracts?

Still waiting on ours...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 rapscallion1

rdoyle16 wrote: »
    Has anyone else's solicitor received contracts?

Still waiting on ours...

Not yet!

Advertisement