Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Intersting addition to the T&C's

Anyone gonna be starting pay leagues with that threat hanging over them?

WTF??? :(

jimmii wrote: »
    Same way they would know if the winner eas sending racist messages in private I guess! If the winner is in some pay leagues this season would be a nervy couple of weeks to see if any "friends" screw them over. I'm guessing its really just FPL covering themselves although if it did emerge someone was in a pay league they would have to take notice. A lot of leagues are called something like boards €50 league it's hardly subtle!

They aren't saying they will take action for entering paid leagues, it says they may suspend players who charge entry to leagues.

A lot of fundraising or charity leagues that promote themselves as such are at most risk here, including myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Yeh I literally just changed the name of one of my pay leagues there!

How do you do that? Im trying but dont see a way

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

How do you do that? Im trying but dont see a way

Settings on the league and then under Admin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

FHFC wrote: »
    They aren't saying they will take action for entering paid leagues, it says they may suspend players who charge entry to leagues.

A lot of fundraising or charity leagues that promote themselves as such are at most risk here, including myself.

Good point. Would suck if someone who has used fpl to raise a load of money for charity ended up winning the whole thing then got kicked out for running a paid league. Tricky spot for people hosting fundraising leagues. If you made it "optional" to donate that would be your get out? You could even have one team in for free but who volunteer not to be eligible for prizes. Could get very messy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Settings on the league and then under Admin

Ah of course :o Cheers, i didnt want to renew in case name would be locked in

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Decent thread on Aubameyang created 10 days ago on 'if he was a MID in FPL' and projected points.

Might convince or discourage others going for Auba.

https://twitter.com/Ramorey_FPL/status/1291121078610399232?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Just signed up. 220k players now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,927 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Sincerely doubt they will be coming after anyone. Think where they’d be if there were no money leagues in the game.

It’s probably a legal requirement to show they’re not complicit with gambling. Look at the Football Manager vs Man United case where United are suing them for people being able to download patches that include their crest.

They probably don’t have to be directly facilitating gambling to be considered a facilitator of it.

Excellent thread on Aubameyang. Cheers for sharing.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Sincerely doubt they will be coming after anyone. Think where they’d be if there were no money leagues in the game.

It’s probably a legal requirement to show they’re not complicit with gambling. Look at the Football Manager vs Man United case where United are suing them for people being able to download patches that include their crest.

They probably don’t have to be directly facilitating gambling to be considered a facilitator of it.

Agreed, but still makes it a bit iffy to advertise a fundraising league in a public forum or social media.

We may have free league for members of our HarpsFPL supporters club though. Only €20 to join that supporters club too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

I wouldn't be concerned by it, they'll just be covering themselves that they aren't endorsing paid league's. No benefit to them whatsoever in wasting time enforcing anything like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Been tinkering with teams, this seems too easy. I have put together a number of teams I'm happy with that come in UNDER 100m

Hard part is Beating other teams who have same budget!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

macraignil wrote: »
    Any body able to see Willian listed in the game? He doesn't seem to be there when I'm looking at the game now.

A newly-transferred player, he'll be added over the next few days.

e01525b7a172334dbf0f6c618e2cdafc.png

I wouldn't be concerned by it, they'll just be covering themselves that they aren't endorsing paid league's. No benefit to them whatsoever in wasting time enforcing anything like that

Yeah but if its brought to their attention then they would presumably be obliged to take action.

A newly-transferred player, he'll be added over the next few days.

e01525b7a172334dbf0f6c618e2cdafc.png

Is Matheus Pereira only recently permanently signed also or have they just forgotten him?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Is Matheus Pereira only recently permanently signed also or have they just forgotten him?

Don't think he's signed his contract yet but I could be wrong.

Don't think he's signed his contract yet but I could be wrong.
    Wiki says he signed in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Wiki says he signed in June.

https://twitter.com/WBAReport/status/1294258756981854210?s=19

Think the release clause was activated due to number of appearances but it seems he hasn't completed the move yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Does the city loss mean they play GW1 as per normal anyone know ? Might simplify things a bit if you are willing to take part in Pep roulette.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Does the city loss mean they play GW1 as per normal anyone know ? Might simplify things a bit if you are willing to take part in Pep roulette.

The authorities said teams need a minimum of 30 days rest.

The thing is, if City's game were to be rearranged for Monday of GW1 that would be bang on 30 days.

They’d be out by a couple of hours because I'm thinking it’s from when their last game finishes.

Who knows though, we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Finding it very expensive this year! (I say this every year though :pac:) Seems to be very few "Cheap" options up front and in defence to enable the weighty mids.

Not looking like I'll fit Mane or Salah in anyway :-/

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeah but if its brought to their attention then they would presumably be obliged to take action.

It says 'reserve the right to' take action. Suspect that they would only be likely to act if someone caught scamming etc.

FHFC wrote: »
    It says 'reserve the right to' take action. Suspect that they would only be likely to act if someone caught scamming etc.

Yeah true. If it was a fundraiser I would imagine they would commend the person on raising money but also maybe give a reminder its not allowed. If someone did pull something that be a bit of prick move.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

FPL Twitter has gone into overdrive, the amount of posts being retweeted about “this is my strategy when picking a team...” followed by a copy and paste of what some other nobody posted last week

If only there was some way I could just stop reading them

Green&Red wrote: »
    FPL Twitter has gone into overdrive, the amount of posts being retweeted about “this is my strategy when picking a team...” followed by a copy and paste of what some other nobody posted last week

Those 'threads' posted by lads with FPL and then some form of animal or profession at the end of their name are the absolute worst. So much nonsense.

It is why I love here so much more. Nobody is itching for followers or to become the next FPL 'celeb' so they just have normal conversations with their thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

There really is an epic number of shills about. Twitter FPL has jumped the shark it seems.

Green&Red wrote: »

You can mute certain words on twitter and keep following the people if that helps somewhat

Markx wrote: »
    There really is an epic number of shills about. Twitter FPL has jumped the shark it seems.
    Social media and follower count as a metric for relevance is an awful thing when it comes to having a worthwhile discussion.

So much more emphasis on saying something rather than saying something interesting.

• Advertisement

Social media and follower count as a metric for relevance is an awful thing when it comes to having a worthwhile discussion.

So much more emphasis on saying something rather than saying something interesting.

It really is all about 'Volume & Banter'

When myself and Paddy only posted about OddsOnFPL on the twitter page every post was relating to odds etc and talking about the team. I think the follower count was probably 1k-1.5K.

Last year we didn't really do it seriously but still had a team based on odds but no articles/reasoning etc. More 'banter' posts and the followers is now at 3.5K.

Personally hate FPL twitter for the amount of moaning.

Advertisement