Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

We fairly well know that City, Wolves and United have blank GW1 don't we? Without it I'd probably have KDB, Jimi and Doherty in my starting team. Gonna be a lot of tactical early wildcards I'd say.

Antonio as a 6.5 striker is lovely, can see him being in my starting team.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Could have to play wildcard GW2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭COH

Will KM79 be playing this year.. thats the only big reveal left

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Trying to fit in midfielders is going to be the challenge this season so. Could be interesting but adding Rashford and auba as mids is odd.

If United don’t land Sancho then Greenwood is going to be some value.

• Advertisement

Been tinkering with teams, this seems too easy. I have put together a number of teams I'm happy with that come in UNDER 100m

Intersting addition to the T&C's
    12. Players can establish mini-leagues in accordance with the Game Rules. The Premier League does not permit Players charging for entry to mini-leagues they have created, strongly encourages Players not to join such leagues and cannot be held responsible for their management or any loss suffered through Players’ involvement in such leagues. The Premier League reserves the right to suspend and delete Registrations of Players that charge entry to mini-leagues they have created.

Anyone gonna be starting pay leagues with that threat hanging over them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭macraignil

Any body able to see Willian listed in the game? He doesn't seem to be there when I'm looking at the game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Looptheloop30

I assume somebody has already mentioned the deadline being brought forward half an hour....
    Leaked team news be hard got ahead off that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

macraignil wrote: »
    Any body able to see Willian listed in the game? He doesn't seem to be there when I'm looking at the game now.

Nope not seeing him here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I assume somebody has already mentioned the deadline being brought forward half an hour....

This topic really divides opinion but I'm not a fan of 90 mins over the 60 mins deadline.

IMO, it favours casuals even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,392 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

COH wrote: »
    Will KM79 be playing this year.. thats the only big reveal left

I'm not sure, but I have seen a newly signed up member lurking in the forum. His name is MK79

807knm0mtt911.jpg

Really hope it does stop it and the leaks just don't get brought forward.

This topic really divides opinion but I'm not a fan of 90 mins over the 60 mins deadline.

Presumably that was why they did it. Yet another move against the players who are really into the game.

Morzadec wrote: »
    I would have. Some wouldn't. There would have been a debate to be had which is ehy it would have been the right price.

At 8.0 you have maybe 5 or 10% of sane people not putting him in so still too low but at least some variety.

At 7.5 you have no sane person not putting him in their team.

So we all start with 14 players essentially. Pointless imo.

Yeah. Hard to disagree with this.

I was looking for a reason not to own him so I could go with my cheap defence and I hate owning players that bring zero joy when they score because of high ownership but 7.5m is too cheap and I’ll probably have to sign him.

Still not sure on overall tactic for this season yet but unfortunately I think TAA will be in my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Sheffield United sign Ramsdale from Bournemouth. I’m guessing he’ll be 5m? If so I think he’d be a nice set and forget.

Edit: set “to sign” for them. Not confirmed yet. 18.5m deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Martinez is still 4.5, will be a bargain if he retains his place. Saliba at 4.5 is surprising too.

I don’t think we are worried about the casuals (and certainly not as the season goes on).

It (the 1 hour deadline) favours people that live in and around GMT.

There are plenty of serious players all over the world and the truth is it isn’t fair on them.

I know I’m one and I would have preferred 2 hours before kickoff as I’m not sure the extra half hour truly kills the prospect of early team news being relevant.

Rockstar was a bit of a cheat code last season and I hope this extra half hour nips it in the bud.

Edit - I know this will be a unpopular opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Shedite27 wrote:

Looking at that I imagine someone got stung by a league and went to fpl on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

The extra half hour should kill it off, general consenous seemed to be that it leaked when it went to the stats guys like Opta a bit before hand, the half hour should be enough to stop it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Any interest in a Boards free league? I think there tends to be one most years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Yep count me in

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Create the league and do a new thread with the league code and I'll sticky it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Cool. Thread for the free league here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058104730

Martinez is still 4.5, will be a bargain if he retains his place. Saliba at 4.5 is surprising too.

I’d never heard of Saliba when I woke up this morning, yet he’s currently somehow in my team. Every lad on twitter seems to be raving about him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Intersting addition to the T&C's

How would they know?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Vinagre at 4.5, cheap way into Wolves defence while Jonny is out.

How would they know?

Same way they would know if the winner eas sending racist messages in private I guess! If the winner is in some pay leagues this season would be a nervy couple of weeks to see if any "friends" screw them over. I'm guessing its really just FPL covering themselves although if it did emerge someone was in a pay league they would have to take notice. A lot of leagues are called something like boards €50 league it's hardly subtle!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

jimmii wrote: »
    Same way they would know if the winner eas sending racist messages in private I guess! If the winner is in some pay leagues this season would be a nervy couple of weeks to see if any "friends" screw them over. I'm guessing its really just FPL covering themselves although if it did emerge someone was in a pay league they would have to take notice. A lot of leagues are called something like boards €50 league it's hardly subtle!

Yeh I literally just changed the name of one of my pay leagues there!

• Advertisement

Yeh I literally just changed the name of one of my pay leagues there!

Better safe than sorry! Imagine all leagues with titles like that got deleted like when that had the mass team name deleting around Fuchs a few years back!

Advertisement