Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,301 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Remember Nikki was the last member of Sanity to be called up and she's the only one who's lasted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,543 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kross being pushed so I assume he will take a title soon

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Kross being pushed so I assume he will take a title soon

Or Chiampa to return and cost him the match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Or Chiampa to return and cost him the match?

That makes sense. I can't imagine them taking the title off of Keith Lee this early into his title reign. They'll surely have him hold it for a while.

Vince is apparently high on him so he could want him on the main roster. Was the reason I thought he was going to lose the title to Cole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

CastorTroy wrote:
    Remember Nikki was the last member of Sanity to be called up and she's the only one who's lasted

Ain't that funny? She's doing quite well w/ Bliss.

NXT UK star Ridge Holland debuting in a NA title contender match next week.

Had to laugh at Regal saying he won't be bullied by Kross into making a title match and it has to be earned. Then later Undisputed Era comes out and attacks Imperium then get a title match for next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I like that there doing some new faces for north american title matchs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Have to laugh at retired punter and current radio host, Pat McAfee dwarfing NXT's "biggest" star, Adam Cole.

Looks like that's going to be a match anyway after last night.

And Dexter Loomis is out of the ladder match due to inury

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,895 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Shorty Cole.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'm trying to recall when HBK got his push was his storylines centred around his height.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,910 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Triple H got very annoyed with that kick by Pat McAfee

I can see him or HBK been special ref for the match

Meant to say Rhea dropping Dakota onto the apron face first looked painful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Cole isnt coming off well in this program hes coming off like a chump.

Firstly whos the heel? Pat has been the antagonist thus far, making Pat, with the former top dog in NXT looking very weak.

While its not the worst angle ever, I feel Cole will cone off worse at the end than when he went in.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Cole isnt coming off well in this program hes coming off like a chump.

Firstly whos the heel? Pat has been the antagonist thus far, making Pat, with the former top dog in NXT looking very weak.

While its not the worst angle ever, I feel Cole will cone off worse at the end than when he went in.

Plus im guessing Cole will do the job for this rivalry which is a massive kick in the ****s for the former top dog of NXT for nearly 2 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,363 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I don't know what reasons other people here have for choosing nxt over AEW but to me I like NXT because while it may not be flashy all the time, you know you will get a well produced wrestling show with nothing on it that is overtly stupid or insulting to a wrestling fan and the people on the show are trained and know what the hell they are doing.

I watch both and not one over the other. Id like to see AEW succeed more if Im honest just to have WWE get the kick up the bum it so sorely needs.

Neither NXT or AEW is flawless and I can easily enjoy one more than the other one week, then vice versa.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

In this weeks episode of spot the extra....

https://twitter.com/x_beast17_x/status/1292225872951488515?s=21

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

In this weeks episode of spot the extra....

https://twitter.com/x_beast17_x/status/1292225872951488515?s=21

• Advertisement

That's brilliant, dumb MJF getting in Joe's shot. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,543 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

On fire this week:p also did Cole have his rematch?

It’s nice that Retribution don’t attack when NXT is in the performance centre. They kindly wait for Raw and Smackdown only tapings.

Well I guess another wrestler has overcome the speaking out movement and the WWE are happy that he is innocent and it was all lies to try and ruin his career.

with no aew on this week i still think its not going to be a good rating this week for them with the playoffs on might kill them even with there base audiance

sky88 wrote: »
    with no aew on this week i still think its not going to be a good rating this week for them with the playoffs on might kill them even with there base audiance

I think they will see an increase but not a huge one.

Any big matches planned for this week apart from the ladder match qualifier?

• Advertisement

It will be NXT's turn next month to get moved as USA will have the Ice Hockey play offs on Wednesday nights

NXT lead writer has handed in his notice and now NXT will be written between HHH, Michaels and Road Dog.

NXT lead writer has handed in his notice and now NXT will be written between HHH, Michaels and Road Dog.

Less cooks is better. Whether the cooks are any good is another question.

The_Swedish_Chef.jpg

Just watched that Gargano head landing. I assume they stopped the match and used magic tricks to make it look like it continued without a break.

Ciampa will prob return and cost Kross the title

• Advertisement

Just watched that Gargano head landing. I assume they stopped the match and used magic tricks to make it look like it continued without a break.

Big rookie mistake by Holland, Gargano is lucky

I read that Gargano apologised for slowing down taping. I hate that bravado bullshìt.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I read that Gargano apologised for slowing down taping. I hate that bravado bullshìt.

The fear on Hollands face was so noticeable, poor guy.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Big rookie mistake by Holland, Gargano is lucky

Honestly this sh1t is crazy, Gargano could of ended up being paralysed all for the sake of putting him against a jobber, a second chance match for a shot at the second tier title that was vacated no less.

I get we can't have money matches every week, but imagine if Gargano did suffer a serious injury there, they'd be kicking themselves something fierce. Looking at Raw and SmackDown both their rosters feel surprisingly thin, he should be up there already. No better time for him and Candace to try this gimmick on the main roster.

Honestly this sh1t is crazy, Gargano could of ended up being paralysed all for the sake of putting him against a jobber, a second chance match for a shot at the second tier title that was vacated no less.

I get we can't have money matches every week, but imagine if Gargano did suffer a serious injury there, they'd be kicking themselves something fierce. Looking at Raw and SmackDown both their rosters feel surprisingly thin, he should be up there already. No better time for him and Candace to try this gimmick on the main roster.

Accidents happen, their was no malice just inexperience.

He has to learn somehwere and if it wasnt Gargano it would be someone else. Id say being in their with Jonhnny gave him more nerves.

Im sure Ridge will learn from it. He didnt rotate his hips at all. But it was a bad mistake. Thank God Johnny was ok.

• Advertisement

I don't mean that I'm pissed off at Ridge, but they depend on Gargano even if they don't realise it. All that could of gone puff for the sake of a match that shouldn't have taken place anyway.

Cole and Gargano are literally that show. Keith Lee will get there but if those two were gone now they would be in trouble even moreso against AEW.

Extremely underwhelming card

4ydhfu3vxji51.jpg

Worst NXT roster in years.

Kross wins or they have killed his momentum.

No way Finn wins after losing clean to Dream on Wednesday.

Kai doesn't beat Io unless she is moving to the main roster to help Asuka.

If Cole loses to a DJ/podcaster that is just tragic.

The ladder match and tag team match hold no real interest at all.

retribution to make a surprise appearance tonight?

Will we finally get an answer about wtf is happening with NXT Uk and the Dublin takeover ?

Think Ciampa will cost Cross the title, Gargano to win the US Tile. No idea why but taught that Cole vs yer man's match was weeks away but no its tonight and the storyline will end

PTH2009 wrote: »
    retribution to make a surprise appearance tonight?

Will we finally get an answer about wtf is happening with NXT Uk and the Dublin takeover ?

Think Ciampa will cost Cross the title, Gargano to win the US Tile. No idea why but taught that Cole vs yer man's match was weeks away but no its tonight and the storyline will end

There is NOT A CHANCE Dublin takeover is happening. We’re only allowed gathering of 6 until the middle of September. I can’t see anything over 100 let alone 9000 being allowed for October.

Loughc wrote: »
    There is NOT A CHANCE Dublin takeover is happening. We’re only allowed gathering of 6 until the middle of September. I can’t see anything over 100 let alone 9000 being allowed for October.

True, refund would be very welcome

Such a pity but that's life I suppose

Rollins why did you **** up Finn ?

tbh hes doing very well in NXT but he never got injured gods knws where he would be now

dream with a Scott Steiner tribute ?

Is he dying ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,363 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I enjoyed the opener between Finn and thatcher but **** this I’m not watching pound shop little Richard after all his alleged carry on.

Pat is showing some talent here surprisingly

• Advertisement
Advertisement