Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Hamerzan Sickles

This is actually great news everyone -- it gives iamanengine more time to study the papers and come up with predictions for those of us who haven't completed all eight yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Fe1student1234

FE.ONE wrote: »
    I wonder if the application form with the deadline of the 21st Sep is still applicable?

The same date is on the website so I’d say it is and also to stop more applying so at least they have he numbers well in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭APower79

Hi!
    Hope most of you are happy enough with the postponement or at least a decision! I was about to apply but if I want to do it in November I presume you still have to apply before September 21st?
    And any predictions for criminal? I have an exam grid up to 2019 If that’s any help. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Debarramike137

hi guys, Im happy enough about their decision, as wanted more time. Anyone please got contract or equity details from March!?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bazu

Criminal Procedure and Practice - So right to silence; inferences re s18/19; right to a solicitor in GS questioning/interview; detention; bail, etc. It's one of the most common questions. Weidly the SCC is thrown in with it too.

Along with that, murder/manslaughter + defences. Self-defence + Provocation are the big ones but you have to know all of it. Inchoate offences + joint enterprise gets thrown in with some of the prob questions.

Sexual offences.

Non-Fatal Offences Against the Person.

Courts + nature of crime/criminal offences and all that jazz.

That sort of thing really. Any chance you could shoot me that grid btw? It'd be appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭KMPT

New deadline is Friday 25th September.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bazu

KMPT wrote: »

Thanks, where's this coming from? Can't find it on the main LS website.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭KMPT

bazu wrote: »
    Thanks, where's this coming from? Can't find it on the main LS website.

Top of the first page of the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 FE.ONE

KMPT wrote: »

I would have thought that the new application closing date would be the 28th to correspond with results from the August sitting. I'm waiting on 2 results from August and unsure what to do. I'll probably just apply for both again and if I pass them then hope that the LS will issue a refund..

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lealaw

Would anyone recommend any website or anywhere to get my hands on second hand books for law? Mainly Company, Tort, Equity, Constitutional and Property

Looking for a few books for college and these exams and just hoping not to fork out the big bucks and help another broke student along the road.

I know this thread is not for buy and sells just looking for tips, hope that is okay!

• Advertisement

bazu wrote: »
    Criminal Procedure and Practice - So right to silence; inferences re s18/19; right to a solicitor in GS questioning/interview; detention; bail, etc. It's one of the most common questions. Weidly the SCC is thrown in with it too.

Along with that, murder/manslaughter + defences. Self-defence + Provocation are the big ones but you have to know all of it. Inchoate offences + joint enterprise gets thrown in with some of the prob questions.

Sexual offences.

Non-Fatal Offences Against the Person.

Courts + nature of crime/criminal offences and all that jazz.

That sort of thing really. Any chance you could shoot me that grid btw? It'd be appreciated

Sent a message. How do I send the exam grid?

Hi, does anyone know the criminal March paper and could tell me what questions appeared? Thanks sooo much!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 YcL

Devestated to see exams prosponed!! FE1s are like a dark cloud hanging over, and with only 2 left was hoping to put them behind me! I get there are restrictions but I sat the August sitting and felt very safe. It's personal responsibility,! It's really up to each person to be aware and mind oneself Hope they go ahead as scheduled

I would have thought that the new application closing date would be the 28th to correspond with results from the August sitting. I'm waiting on 2 results from August and unsure what to do. I'll probably just apply for both again and if I pass them then hope that the LS will issue a refund..

I'm the same, I applied for the 4 including 2 in August and was told to contact ASAP if I pass and they will issue a refund, I am expecting to have to sit tort and I have company day after but at the end of the day the sitting was not aimed to suit me so can not complain, just going to get on with it and give tort the day before

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Lelila

YcL wrote: »
    Devestated to see exams prosponed!! FE1s are like a dark cloud hanging over, and with only 2 left was hoping to put them behind me! I get there are restrictions but I sat the August sitting and felt very safe. It's personal responsibility,! It's really up to each person to be aware and mind oneself Hope they go ahead as scheduled

I'm devastated too. I've booked 2 weeks unpaid off work for October & once it's booked it can't be cancelled. I'm hoping to start the hybrid course in January so the timeline's very tight It's stressful enough having to find a traineeship & waiting for August exam results without having an extra month to stress over the November exams. I'm in Cork so don't see any reason why the October sitting couldn't go ahead here. There were no issues in August.

I rang the Law Society & was told to apply & they'd issue a refund if I pass.

channing90 wrote: »
    Anyone else struggle to learn the essay Harmonious interpretation for constitutional? I have a Griffith sample and it’s just very hard to get into my head.

Yes! I went with Griffith College & failed Constitutional in March. Find it very hard to pinpoint what they're asking for. I felt like all my answers were off topic, but still managed 44%. I left out Constitutional interpretation, but if I hadn't I might have passed. It does come up often. So I'd say try to stick at it if you can.

Lelila wrote: »
    I'm devastated too. I've booked 2 weeks unpaid off work for October & once it's booked it can't be cancelled. I'm hoping to start the hybrid course in January so the timeline's very tight It's stressful enough having to find a traineeship & waiting for August exam results without having an extra month to stress over the November exams. I'm in Cork so don't see any reason why the October sitting couldn't go ahead here. There were no issues in August.

I'm in a very similar situation and the same with the hybrid! Hopefully there will be a change again, I'm going to put the head down and keep going as if exam is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Michael517

Does anyone have a grid for the constitutional case note questions - have plenty of grids to swap with if needs be

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Angela21

channing90 wrote: »
    Anyone else struggle to learn the essay Harmonious interpretation for constitutional? I have a Griffith sample and it’s just very hard to get into my head.

Try not learn the essay. Learn a a few cases for each method and have a extra two to discuss if you need a full essay question on one method.

The harmonious method allows you to come to an interpretation that fits in with other interlinked provisions. For example article 43 -property could not be looked at without also looking at property under 40.3.2

Purpose you are trying to decide what the purpose of the article is. You can look at the other provision but it is only help ascertain the purpose

I use sample answers but only as a guide if I don't understand something but they can be misleading as they are often too short. The grifit ones are a copy and paste and some times they forget to take out part of the old question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 FE1LURCH

Hey guys it’s Nicole,
    First time FE1er. Any tips For constitutional. Didn’t cover it in college. Majored in science, heard the FE1’s are an easy go????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

FE1LURCH wrote: »
    Hey guys it’s Nicole,
    First time FE1er. Any tips For constitutional. Didn’t cover it in college. Majored in science, heard the FE1’s are an easy go????

Yeah, definitely.
    Don't forget the new unenumerated right: the right to shop in Lidl without wearing a mask.

Hey guys it’s Nicole,

I’m in the same boat. Science grad, years ago though. Trying criminal first In November!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Fe1student1234

APower79 wrote: »
    I’m in the same boat. Science grad, years ago though. Trying criminal first In November!

Criminal is definitely a good one to start. Interesting and easy to read

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FE1LURCH

Liordi wrote: »
    Yeah, definitely.
    Don't forget the new unenumerated right: the right to shop in Lidl without wearing a mask.

Cheers Dump count hope you have failed all your exams my daddy is a partner in A&L so your sucking lemons my man you dumpy ****.

Mod
    Abuse! Pls take a month off from this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

Hey guys it’s Nicole,

An easy go! Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Supermax1988

An easy go! Haha

First class honours level trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Katniss1998

Anyone thinking of taking an extra exam now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

This is actually great news everyone -- it gives iamanengine more time to study the papers and come up with predictions for those of us who haven't completed all eight yet!

Sorry mate, I’m enjoying retirement from the predictions game. I think I’ll have to pass that mantle on to you in my absence!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭IgoPAP

Anyone thinking of taking an extra exam now?

An extra subject to cover in a month is just too close to the line for me unfortunately!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement