Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The royal wedding who cares.(Maybe Meghan)(Lovers of Royal Wedding thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,447 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

The best bit is when they shift into their reptilian form and devour the onlookers.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Will James Hewitt be at it?
    He's not very well at the moment.

Man needs to be left alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

milehip wrote: »
    Butthurt is well overused as well.

I'm okay with that. Lots of words are used a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I honestly didn't even know there was going to be a royal wedding until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭milehip

_Dara_ wrote: »
    milehip wrote: »
    Butthurt is well overused as well.

I'm okay with that. Lots of words are used a lot.

Good to hear that, how do you feel about 'edgy' then?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭Mackerel and Avocado Sandwich

I don’t care but I would bang MM into next week. Wasted on a ginger like ‘arry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'll be honest and say I've an interest in it.

I was never into the British royal family until I watched 'The Crown' on Netflix (absolutely amazing show).

That got me interested in that sort of stuff, then watched Downton Abbey (another great show, but not royalty).

Then watched The Tudors and got really hooked on British royalty.

Its a complete puppet show, doesn't make any sense really but I still find it very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Mutant z wrote: »
    People get married all the time i dont see this one as being any different just because it happens to involves royals

You clearly do see the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Chaos Tourist

tupenny wrote: »
    100% agree OP. Same **** when the new baby arrived a few weeks ago.. some1 in our whatsapp group "omg kates in labour " every1 all excited.. took me a while to figure out who tF kate was.
    Assumed it was 1 their sisters or something so didnt want to ask .
    Women are weird. I say this as a woman. Doubt any men give a crap about any of it??

As someone else sort of mentioned, it's like the female version of the Champions League, FA Cup etc. Like a lad texting his friend - who's in work or whatever - that Messi scored in extra time.

As someone else sort of mentioned, it's like the female version of the Champions League, FA Cup etc. Like a lad texting his friend - who's in work or whatever - that Messi scored in extra time.
    Good analogy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithi1970

Del.Monte wrote: »
    OP - nobody is forcing you to watch, build a bridge and get over it. I'm a diehard monarchist and I won't be watching it, but I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that some nutter doesn't try and do something stupid - as I do when anything like this wedding takes place.

"...if anyone here knows of a reason for this wedding not to take place, speak now, or forever hold thy peace................"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I'll be honest and say I've an interest in it.

I was never into the British royal family until I watched 'The Crown' on Netflix (absolutely amazing show).

That got me interested in that sort of stuff, then watched Downton Abbey (another great show, but not royalty).

Then watched The Tudors and got really hooked on British royalty.

Its a complete puppet show, doesn't make any sense really but I still find it very interesting.

Royal ancestry is like a vipers nest, an incestuous vipers nest. But your right, it's very interesting.

Probably the best name for a monarch. They are all a shower of cnuts.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cnut_the_Great

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Zebra3 wrote: »
    No, but his son will.

He's a chip off the old block alright!

I won't be watching it, but I'll have a look at the photos on the news sites. I reckon most of us will tbh.

Lizzie, Big Ears and Camzilla will scrub up well I'm sure... ;)

so if these two have a child, it will be a US citizen, therefore eligible to run for POTUS.

So a member of the Royal Family could become President of the US.

Tenacious bastards these Brits, they took their time, but they'll get their colony back eventually :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,847 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Couldn't give less of a fcuk about weddings, 'celebrity' or otherwise.

BuboBubo wrote: »
    He's a chip off the old block alright!

I won't be watching it, but I'll have a look at the photos on the news sites. I reckon most of us will tbh.

Lizzie, Big Ears and Camzilla will scrub up well I'm sure... ;)

The likeness is uncanny

PROD-Earl-Spencer-on-Today-programme.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Its mainly women that appear to be the ones interested in it and its purely to do with the fashion etc associated with a royal wedding. I couldn't give a she about it but I don't have any ill feelings towards the royal family or about the wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,293 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

nullzero wrote: »
    The best bit is when they shift into their reptilian form and devour the onlookers.

So the stag went well then!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

....... wrote: »

Well imagine being Dylan Moran and your wedding in London being the same day as Princess Diana's funeral, happening just around the corner? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

I'll definitely be having a nosy to see the dress, what celebs are invited etc. I hate going to weddings, but getting to watch a high profile one on telly is great.

Meghan is very pretty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Meghan is very pretty.

True, but I think Kate is prettier.

True, but I think Kate is prettier.

I dunno, I think Kate is plainer but makes the very best of herself. I feel like I’ve seen lots of Kates in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Look at end of the day we can all agree that you'd give both a good rogering

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Found myself asking what royal wedding? And I am English.. Then a vague memory of an Irish person in Canada telling me about it; something about mixed race?

....... wrote: »

I think that is what makes her attractive.

A proper lady.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Won’t really affect me either way. I don’t dislike the Royal family - I think the queen herself has done a superb job showing great restraint and dignity but her children have not been so dignified by any means.

It’ll be a huge affair for the celeb mags. And perhaps Meghan and Harry will help shake up and modernize things. I think William when he becomes King will make big changes to the monarchy anyway - modernizing it and giving it a much needed trimming down.

I’m on a UK web discussion forum and you would be quite surprised at how many British posters are not just indifferent to but are actually sick and tired of the royals.

• Advertisement

Advertisement