Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The royal wedding who cares.(Maybe Meghan)(Lovers of Royal Wedding thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Never realised how old Markle actually is.

Could pass for late 20s.

She's 36?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

She's 36?

I know, but she but she could pass for 7, 8 years younger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

jimgoose wrote: »
    What channels are showing the thing, anyway?

Trying to sound casual there, Jimbo. We know you have the Union Jack bunting up and commerative underwear on. :D :P

I know, but she but she could pass for 7, 8 years younger.

So could most Hollywood actors of that age.
    36 is hardly ancient like

• Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Trying to sound casual there, Jimbo. We know you have the Union Jack bunting up and commerative underwear on. :D :P

I will give it a look for half-an-hour actually, while I'm dusting my fine china and waiting for the rugby game to come on. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Why do posts like this always make me picture a sad man living in his mam's spare room with a pile of magazines hidden under the bed.

Your fantasies are your own business

She's 36?

Jasus, she looks great for that old :pac:

Peatys wrote: »
    Jasus, she looks great for that old

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

giphy.gif

I edited my post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

....... wrote: »
    Her family are really behaving nastily.

She quite literally has the biggest opportunity of her life in front of her and they are actually trying to stop the wedding from happening!

However, it does make me wonder. For a wedding with a guest list of 600 she was going to invite just her mother and her father, no other family and no childhood friends. I wouldnt blame her not inviting people she has no relationship with. But it seems odd to me that she has left so many people behind her in her rise to stardom. Saoirse Ronan for example brings her non famous irish buddy to awards events sometimes and talks fondly about her family. Youd imagine that Meghan could have invited 30 people from her family and given them a dream outing while cultivating family good feeling, but she chose to exclude them all. Of course, given their behaviour I am not surprised that those particular ones are excluded, but no aunties/uncles/nieces/nephews?

A few months ago Harry was peddling the "poor little girl with no family" story to the press like she had just appeared out from under a rock with no background.

It does make me wonder alright.

I agree it is a bit weird. Is her mother really the only person from her past that is invited then? I thought she had some "best friend" that has arrived in the UK? Or has she been making money off her too?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I wasn't arsed one way or the other outside of them being happy, until I happened to see a clip on YouTube of her sister being called not very nice names by mister integrity himself piers Morgan. And the worst thing about it is I agreed with piers Morgan. So, as I like to do I looked into it further.

Her family don't come across well at all and that's saying something when compared to the British royal family, who have three divorces, one death, one banishment all within thirty years and also the top two people are close cousins.

Sure the other royal families of Europe aren't great either. The queen consort of the Netherlands is Argentinian and her old fella wasn't invited to her wedding because of the government of Argentina he was involved with.

I've a interest in this stuff because it's interesting while at the same time a bit outdated.

Interestingly, the three heirs apparent to the Belgium, Netherlands, and Spanish crowns are all female which I'm sure is a first.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I know, in a group of 600 you'd think there would be room for a few real friends and family.

Seems like it's a classic case of forgetting where you came from.

If the marriage blows up in the next couple of years the world could suddenly become a very lonely place for Ms Markle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

The ceremony is happening at 3am local time for me, so no, I won't be watching. I do look forward to waking up on Saturday morning and looking at pictures of all the silly hats and fascinators.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I feel sorry for the father tbh. He saw an opprtunity to make a bit of money and ran with it. A total and utter ejit but I feel sorry for him. His daughter is marrying into the most famous family in the world and he hasn’t even met the man who is soon to be his son in law. He seems to have had no protection or advice and was just thrown into it and fell for all the paparazzi traps.
    Megan seems ruthless. I’m not a fan. I’m sure she’s devo about that.
    Nonetheless, I shall be casting judgement on all the style from the comfort of my couch in my Penney’s mismatched pjs

I wonder if this attempt to isolate Meghan from the Markles by not inviting any family except her mother, is her own doing? Or if the royals have a hand in it. They've got to be concerned about what her outspoken family could do to their public image. It's already a circus and the wedding hasn't even happened yet.

She hasn't even invited the former diplomat uncle that helped her to get her first job working at the US embassy in Buenos Aires, the one that she's bragged about in interviews and used to shape her "not just an LA actress" public image her whole career.

Yet George Clooney and the "celebrity vet" that cared for her dog are going?!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I wonder if this attempt to isolate Meghan from the Markles by not inviting any family except her mother, is her own doing? Or if the royals have a hand in it. They've got to be concerned about what her outspoken family could do to their public image. It's already a circus and the wedding hasn't even happened yet.

She hasn't even invited the former diplomat uncle that helped her to get her first job working at the US embassy in Buenos Aires, the one that she's bragged about in interviews and used to shape her "not just an LA actress" public image her whole career.

Yet George Clooney and the "celebrity vet" that cared for her dog are going?!

Fixed you post there. Hope you didn't mind. Fecking celebrity vet my arse.

I just had a look at the people who are and aren't going and it seems meghans daft family members aren't the only family not going. Harry hasn't invited some cousins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Made the mistake of turning on Ireland am on tv3, while I'm not really bothered with the wedding the fawning behavior on display has me a bit wtf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

Peatys wrote: »
    Your fantasies are your own business

I know. I can barely resist sleaze bags.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

It was always going to be Harry that married the controversial one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

With all the street parties and people watching on big screens in town centres, the police must be worried about the possibility of an attack.

Good luck to Harry and Meghan.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

To me it seems like she never did have much of a relationship with her family other than her mother, and they are only bandwaggoning since her relationship began. Harry made a reference to hoping his family would be the family she never had, and her sister being quick to capitalise on the notoriety and 'wrote' a tell-all book, and now she's baffled she doesn't get an invite?

With the dad, I don't think he was ever invited, it was mooted long ago that her mother would be walking her up the aisle, so the heart 'surgery' (actually just stents which is a much less invasive procedure) was convenient.
    wrote:
    Look at the difference in how the Middletons conduct themselves compared to the Markles.

I'd say the Middletons are delighted.They were derided and looked down on for being commoners and for her being an air hostess and for having their party business. Now the trashy Markles coming on the scene elevates the Middletons to practically royalty. I'd say Uncle Gary is especially overjoyed at the diversion Meghans relations have created.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Charles is walking her down the aisle. Just announced.

What better way to rubberstamp the acceptance of her into the family than to have the future head of it and king of GB walk you down the aisle to marry his son.

Maybe the mother seeing all the royal wedding fever when she arrived in Britain got a bit freaked out and decided she'd prefer to stay as mother of the bride role.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

I think Markle is a smart cookie, so smart in fact, that she completely understands the concept that you deal with toxic people, by not dealing with them. So the father and sister are out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

There's something a bit sad about her Father in Law walking her down the aisle. Most people, in the absence of their own father would have a brother, uncle, old family friend or Godfather to do the job. It makes her look a bit isolated.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Dunno about coverups but from what I know(little enough mind you) it depends on the heart event involved. I personally know three people who had heart attacks, one pretty severe with a blockage of the "widow maker" vein, touch and go ambulance trip and he was back home out of hospital stented up within four days. Another guy whose attack and blockage was less serious(and his overall health better) was out within two. A relative was out the next day with a bag of pills(though hers was an arrhythmia thing). Treatments for heart stuff has really come on in leaps and bounds over the last twenty years.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement